Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Will the Cowboys do it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your gut feeling about this game?
Dallas wins convincingly
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Dallas wins a close one
47%
 47%  [ 19 ]
Dallas loses
45%
 45%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 40

Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyMouse07 wrote:
We lost our best defensive player too. Sean Lee.

Yeah, it sucks not having this guy on the field.

^^^mack
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Just curios to hear what you guys think. Where do you rank the importance of this game?

For me this game is as big as a Super Bowl. Pardon my french, but I hate the Redskins. Beating them at home and putting them out of the playoff would probably mean more to me than what happens in the game next week. Personally, losing a playoff game would suck, but losing to the Redskins and being eliminated from the playoffs would be a lasting memory for years.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but what's your take.

1979 all over again. This game has the chance to go down in Cowboys Lore alongside that one.

Hopefully this won't be Romo's last regular season game.
dahobofest

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, regarding the Seattle comment... they were the only team that completely dominated the Cowboys.
textaz03

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Just curios to hear what you guys think. Where do you rank the importance of this game?

For me this game is as big as a Super Bowl. Pardon my french, but I hate the Redskins. Beating them at home and putting them out of the playoff would probably mean more to me than what happens in the game next week. Personally, losing a playoff game would suck, but losing to the Redskins and being eliminated from the playoffs would be a lasting memory for years.

1979 all over again. This game has the chance to go down in Cowboys Lore alongside that one.

why would this be Romo's last regular season game? Question

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
artfuldodger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:

why would this be Romo's last regular season game? Question
I highly doubt it will be. He was referring to Staubach.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
Yeah, regarding the Seattle comment... they were the only team that completely dominated the Cowboys.

I think the Bears smacked them in the mouth too...
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

Unfortunately, everything that Moz just said is the perception and will be the perception until the cowboys finish.

I also hate that fans are already building in excuses due to injuries. The redskins have one of the worst pass defenses in NFL. Good teams and coaches find a way to win.

There is only so much that heart and effort can do to mask talent, Slam.

I don't expect us to win. We have one starting LB healthy. We have one starting DL healthy. That's rough.

We are resilient as hell though. Something may have not wanted to give credit for until recently.

Outlaw....does Washington have a Ware ? Witten ? Romo ? Spencer ? Dez ?...Should Dallas lose again this is why there are fans who won't have a problem trading away any of those players. We haven't won anything with them. Why not move in another direction if it's another failed season ? Both teams have been irrealevant on the nfl landscape for so long some of the younger fans don't remember how intense this rivalry was once upon a time. In the 70's and 80's there was true hatred between the teams and fanbases. And I STILL HATE THEM....
Tony7188

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

Unfortunately, everything that Moz just said is the perception and will be the perception until the cowboys finish.

I also hate that fans are already building in excuses due to injuries. The redskins have one of the worst pass defenses in NFL. Good teams and coaches find a way to win.

I don't expect us to win. We have one starting LB healthy. We have one starting DL healthy. That's rough.

We are resilient as hell though. Something may have not wanted to give credit for until recently.

Outlaw....does Washington have a Ware ? Witten ? Romo ? Spencer ? Dez ?...Should Dallas lose again this is why there are fans who won't have a problem trading away any of those players. We haven't won anything with them. Why not move in another direction if it's another failed season ? Both teams have been irrealevant on the nfl landscape for so long some of the younger fans don't remember how intense this rivalry was once upon a time. In the 70's and 80's there was true hatred between the teams and fanbases. And I STILL HATE THEM....

This x2. I don't understand how Cowboy fans think that we won't win this game. The Cowboys are more talented then the Redskins and I don't see why they can't rise to the occasion and win this game. They have RG3, we have Romo. They have Alfred Morris, we have Demarco Murray. Our OL (no matter how bad we say it is) is better than theirs. They have Garcon and Moss who should be blanketed by our CBs, we have Dez and Miles who should have a field day against their CBs. Not only do I think we should win, I don't even think this game should be close (meaning within 7 points).

If we lose this game I just don't want it to be blamed on injuries. It's the NFL.

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called it two weeks ago. Im calling it now, We Win.

The thing people forget about the Turkey Day game is just that, our secondary played like a bunch of turkeys. Biting on play actions, Brandon Carr getting owned. Everything was bouncing in RG3's favor.

Before we blinked it was 28-3. Not this time.

Demarco Murray is the X-factor. This offense is different with this guy, and his return has been in line with our offense's success the past 5 weeks. He will gut this defense, and make them honest. Even if RG3 had a game like Brees last week, you can see how the team can keep it close.

And I'll say one more thing, this game is the game we remember for the rest of Ware's career. Busted right upper body, he will put on an Emmitt like show. And he'll secure the win at the end.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

No. Dallas has those players. That was a silly question.

And I don't understand your qualifier. Fans are fickle and come in all sorts of opinions.

And if you feel that there is no hope with this core unit then being of the opinion to blow up and rebuild is fine. I don't ascribe to that philosophy, but hey - everyone is entitled to be wrong.

I am a big proponent of loyalty in sports. I don't view players as some commodity to buy and sell. I would much rather develop a culture of a family to cultivate love. It's funny, this is one of the few areas I break away from my Machiavellian roots. The Star is inspirational. It commands universal respect.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
This x2. I don't understand how Cowboy fans think that we won't win this game. The Cowboys are more talented then the Redskins and I don't see why they can't rise to the occasion and win this game. They have RG3, we have Romo. They have Alfred Morris, we have Demarco Murray. Our OL (no matter how bad we say it is) is better than theirs. They have Garcon and Moss who should be blanketed by our CBs, we have Dez and Miles who should have a field day against their CBs. Not only do I think we should win, I don't even think this game should be close (meaning within 7 points).

If we lose this game I just don't want it to be blamed on injuries. It's the NFL.

We have some talented players, and then some massive holes. They are a much better team than we are. I would also argue they have a better OL than we do. Although the last few weeks our OL has shut me up. I always bank on Rivalries being close - regardless of talent differences.

In Redball I Trust!
Tony7188

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

We have some talented players, and then some massive holes. They are a much better team than we are. I would also argue they have a better OL than we do. Although the last few weeks our OL has shut me up. I always bank on Rivalries being close - regardless of talent differences.

How are they a much better team than us?

ware94 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

They don't have holes the size of Oklahoma like we do.

In Redball I Trust!
Tony7188

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

They don't have holes the size of Oklahoma like we do.

And that's why they are a much better team? They were 3-6 at one point in the season just like we were 3-5.

ware94 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:

And that's why they are a much better team? They were 3-6 at one point in the season just like we were 3-5.

I fail to see your point. We can win. Or we could lose. Romo can (and has) overcome a lot with this team as it is. But this team is a wounded animal.

In Redball I Trust!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: