Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Will the Cowboys do it?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your gut feeling about this game?
Dallas wins convincingly
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Dallas wins a close one
47%
 47%  [ 19 ]
Dallas loses
45%
 45%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 40

Tony7188

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Will the Cowboys do it? Reply with quote

So with the Cowboys coming to Redskin land next Sunday, I wanted to get some insight from you guys. I made this thread because I wanted to know what is your gut feeling towards this winner take all matchup against the Redskins. Do you believe they can win this game, because frankly no one I know is giving Dallas a chance. Not even Cowboy fans around here. This morning, while waiting for my rental car to be ready I was grinding my teeth for 15 minutes as I heard a Cowboy fan basically concede this game to a trash talking Skin fan because "We have Tony Romo and he caused us the game against the Saints. He did some nice things but we really need a real QB."

With the media predicting the Redskins will win this game, my gut feeling is that the Cowboys will come out and make a statement on Sunday. JG and RR has changed this team and I think they will play with something to prove, reminiscent of the 2009 year where they got sick and tired of everybody writing them off. But there is reason to believe that the Boys will do the exact opposite, and dig too deep of a hole for themselves.

So what do you think about the 2012 Cowboys, will they get it done against RG3 and the Skins? Or were the injuries too much?

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.

Last edited by Tony7188 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can the Cowboys do it?

Yes.

We will need to play a really good game, but there is no reason we can't win

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we have a chance, especially if Romo doesn't block better.

The_Slamman wrote:
RJ is officially the Champion
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runaway Jim wrote:

Laughing

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we do it? Yes. Will we do it? I don't know.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Can we do it? Yes. Will we do it? I don't know.

That's pretty much exactly what I wanted to say. But we are surely more than capable of winning

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want so much to believe we will do this. Do I think we can? Yes. I have just had this feeling all year like we were a below average team, and when so many of our starters got hurt our backups have come in and overachieved. Its a testament to our coach and its the reason I think Garrett deserves to keep his job. BUT, I still dont believe that this is our year. Despite how hard this team has played and how much they have overcame the second half of the season it just doesnt have the feel of a playoff team. You can call me a pessimist and thats fine, and I am damn proud of the way this team has fought but I think we will have to hold our heads up high going into this off season and focus on next year.

Calvert28 wrote "Kendall Hunter>>>DeMarco Murray"
Tony7188

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cboysfaninWI wrote:
I want so much to believe we will do this. Do I think we can? Yes. I have just had this feeling all year like we were a below average team, and when so many of our starters got hurt our backups have come in and overachieved. Its a testament to our coach and its the reason I think Garrett deserves to keep his job. BUT, I still dont believe that this is our year. Despite how hard this team has played and how much they have overcame the second half of the season it just doesnt have the feel of a playoff team. You can call me a pessimist and thats fine, and I am damn proud of the way this team has fought but I think we will have to hold our heads up high going into this off season and focus on next year.

I share most of these same feelings, but this team talent wise is still better than the Redskins so I don't understand why Cowboy fans are down about this game

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
cboysfaninWI wrote:

I share most of these same feelings, but this team talent wise is still better than the Redskins so I don't understand why Cowboy fans are down about this game

A very injury depleted defense...

^^^Deadpulse
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runaway Jim wrote:

WE got bigger problems if Romo is blocking someone Smile, I assume you meant " if Romo doesnt get better blocking from his line" As crappy as this line is, they have actually started to play decently
Desperado Dan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted no. This is the kind of game that this team loses. Of course, I would dearly love them to win, but especially considering our injuries, I don't think we have a chance.

The eyes of Texas are upon you...
pierrepet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see it now. Dallas will lose due to their porous defense and ESPN will air a special 3 hour event to talk about the choke artist that is Tony Romo. Of course, they will fail to mention how great of a season he has had or the fact that he has had to overcome no running game, no offensive line, penalties etc... I am already planning on taking an absence from this site next week because I just dont want to hear it..

Ironm1ke: "I am a huge Eli supporter, but his 2012 campaign was an epic turd."
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pierrepet wrote:
I can see it now. Dallas will lose due to their porous defense and ESPN will air a special 3 hour event to talk about the choke artist that is Tony Romo. Of course, they will fail to mention how great of a season he has had or the fact that he has had to overcome no running game, no offensive line, penalties etc... I am already planning on taking an absence from this site next week because I just dont want to hear it..

A week won't be long enough for me PP, with the exception of any offseason threads

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the games dallas does not win. Romo has a huge reputation for not showing up for these games.

Mike Shannahan is a much better coach the garett. RG3 has establised he has the IT factor. This is going to be a huge test for him. But you can bet your basket on it he will come to play his best next sunday night.

The question is will dallas come to play or will they be beat mentally before the game starts?
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:
These are the games dallas does not win. Romo has a huge reputation for not showing up for these games.

Mike Shannahan is a much better coach the garett. RG3 has establised he has the IT factor. This is going to be a huge test for him. But you can bet your basket on it he will come to play his best next sunday night.

The question is will dallas come to play or will they be beat mentally before the game starts?

Unfortunately, everything that Moz just said is the perception and will be the perception until the cowboys finish.

I also hate that fans are already building in excuses due to injuries. The redskins have one of the worst pass defenses in NFL. Good teams and coaches find a way to win.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: