Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders QB Carson Palmer out for Week 17.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 9837
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming off the bench isn't easy, ask Henne when he came in against us. Leinart will get the start IMO and look better.
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
early43


Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 1075
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question is why would you even start ML in our current situation. You know exactly what you will get with him... A scared, noodle arm QB who is completyl happy with holding a clip board. Playing ML will only cloud all offensive evaluation that Allen/McK will be doing. Unless we feel we need to see how great of a check down passer he is, we wont be able to see how Criner, Streeter, ect will perform.

We have nothing to play for other than player evaluation at this point. Put Pryor in and roll with him for a game, its not like hes going to drastically effect our offensive production because it fell off the cliff as soon as Knapp was hired. But then again, I doubt that the staff will go this way because for whatever reason, guys like Ausbery, Gordon, Jones, and Criner havent really got much extended time to begin with.

BTW, Merry Xmas everyone... the offseason cant come soon enough.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 14295
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
nbaker1933 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
nbaker1933 wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:
Btw the offense looked horrible week 1 with Palmer. Feel justified? What a joke.


Do you mean the game that palmer threw for nearly 300 yards, and completed 70% of his passes?
dont forget his 1 touchdown pass.


This guy gets it.

he also threw more Tds than Ints.

Hahaha. Isn't NC being sarcastic tho? I mean... only 1 TD? Laughing


he throws it 30+ times a game has 70% accuracy but can only get a td in garbage time he is a stud thats hof numbers. hof i tell you.
_________________


green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BigMike1b


Joined: 27 Apr 2008
Posts: 1879
Location: 626, CA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
nbaker1933 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
nbaker1933 wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:
Btw the offense looked horrible week 1 with Palmer. Feel justified? What a joke.


Do you mean the game that palmer threw for nearly 300 yards, and completed 70% of his passes?
dont forget his 1 touchdown pass.


This guy gets it.

he also threw more Tds than Ints.

Hahaha. Isn't NC being sarcastic tho? I mean... only 1 TD? Laughing


he throws it 30+ times a game has 70% accuracy but can only get a td in garbage time he is a stud thats hof numbers. hof i tell you.


You don't remember that dropped TD by Streater earlier in the game?
_________________


2012 Adopt a Raider: DE Lamarr Houston

Silver&Black88 with the sweet sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaisinBran


Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Posts: 9415
Location: 925/805
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Coming off the bench isn't easy, ask Henne when he came in against us. Leinart will get the start IMO and look better.

Henne sucks... and Leinart sucks even more.

Leinart might look "better" but he will still be slinging the ball around like monkey poo.
_________________
(MLB)=A's, (NFL)=Raiders, (NBA)= Warriors

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chisoxguy7


Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Posts: 2231
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bears Fan here... I, in all honesty, hope you guys start Pryor. I think he's destined for big things.


...to be fair, I thought the same thing about Troy Smith.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 10979
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigMike1b wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
nbaker1933 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
nbaker1933 wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:
Btw the offense looked horrible week 1 with Palmer. Feel justified? What a joke.


Do you mean the game that palmer threw for nearly 300 yards, and completed 70% of his passes?
dont forget his 1 touchdown pass.


This guy gets it.

he also threw more Tds than Ints.

Hahaha. Isn't NC being sarcastic tho? I mean... only 1 TD? Laughing


he throws it 30+ times a game has 70% accuracy but can only get a td in garbage time he is a stud thats hof numbers. hof i tell you.


You don't remember that dropped TD by Streater earlier in the game?


Nope, but he'll tell you about all these other factors and players who screwed up when Russell was playing...........
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 10979
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Coming off the bench isn't easy, ask Henne when he came in against us. Leinart will get the start IMO and look better.

Henne sucks... and Leinart sucks even more.

Leinart might look "better" but he will still be slinging the ball around like monkey poo.


And Leinart is still playing over Pryor so what does that tell you?
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 10979
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
Bears Fan here... I, in all honesty, hope you guys start Pryor. I think he's destined for big things.


...to be fair, I thought the same thing about Troy Smith.


A fan of OSU QBs huh? Smile haha

Smith looked ten million times the QB that Pryor does and he couldn't succeed. I think his factors were more to his size and inability to overcome these factors. He had talent but just not enough.... plus, like Pryor, OSU's system played to his strengths and since it's so much easier to succeed in college (especially when the Big 10 sucks) it seems to give people a higher sense of worth much like some of our fans have w/ Pryor. They look at wins and losses and see numbers and think he was great at OSU. That's hardly the case.....

Smith had better velocity that Pryor, he was more accurate, he was smarter, as equal of a work ethic if not better, he had desire, he did everything right... he's just 5'11" and that effected the rest of his game immensely.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chali21


Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 2610
Location: Cali
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
Bears Fan here... I, in all honesty, hope you guys start Pryor. I think he's destined for big things.


...to be fair, I thought the same thing about Troy Smith.


A fan of OSU QBs huh? Smile haha

Smith looked ten million times the QB that Pryor does and he couldn't succeed. I think his factors were more to his size and inability to overcome these factors. He had talent but just not enough.... plus, like Pryor, OSU's system played to his strengths and since it's so much easier to succeed in college (especially when the Big 10 sucks) it seems to give people a higher sense of worth much like some of our fans have w/ Pryor. They look at wins and losses and see numbers and think he was great at OSU. That's hardly the case.....

Smith had better velocity that Pryor, he was more accurate, he was smarter, as equal of a work ethic if not better, he had desire, he did everything right... he's just 5'11" and that effected the rest of his game immensely.


Honestly before the bowl game that smith had I wanted to select him #1 overall. He was really but then they played the Gators Jamarcus Russell cam out and this year Megatron and AD are setting records. Smh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5296
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
How many catches did mcfadden have that game? He dinked and dunked all game. They crowded the line because they knew palmer couldn't beat him with his arm.


Palmer beat them 3 weeks after coming off the couch last year and he played very well in the season finale loss- Palmer certainly did enough to scare a team with his arm, but we lost because we gave up 4 TDs and couldnt get a run game going. Palmer had 716 yards 4 TD 2 INT 66% and a win against them the last 2 times they faced off.. I'd hardly say they werent worried about him. I'd say they were more focused on stopping who should have been the most dangerous player on our team, which is why they crowded the line.

It seemed like on a lot of those dinks and dunks, McFadden was the first read. I could be wrong, but isnt that Knapp's call? FYI, Palmer still completed 67% of his passes for 211 yards and a TD to everyone not named McFadden that game. More importantly- we had a fumble, a blocked punt and two aborted punts that led to 9 points by SD- we lost by 8.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 10979
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:
How many catches did mcfadden have that game? He dinked and dunked all game. They crowded the line because they knew palmer couldn't beat him with his arm.


Palmer beat them 3 weeks after coming off the couch last year and he played very well in the season finale loss- Palmer certainly did enough to scare a team with his arm, but we lost because we gave up 4 TDs and couldnt get a run game going. Palmer had 716 yards 4 TD 2 INT 66% and a win against them the last 2 times they faced off.. I'd hardly say they werent worried about him. I'd say they were more focused on stopping who should have been the most dangerous player on our team, which is why they crowded the line.

It seemed like on a lot of those dinks and dunks, McFadden was the first read. I could be wrong, but isnt that Knapp's call? FYI, Palmer still completed 67% of his passes for 211 yards and a TD to everyone not named McFadden that game. More importantly- we had a fumble, a blocked punt and two aborted punts that led to 9 points by SD- we lost by 8.


Stop making sense!! That person will find some way to discredit it though...... ugh... whatever.

You're absolutely right on all accounts though.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 10979
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
Honestly before the bowl game that smith had I wanted to select him #1 overall. He was really but then they played the Gators Jamarcus Russell cam out and this year Megatron and AD are setting records. Smh


First overall might've been a little stretch but I thought he would be better than he was in the pros. I thought he would be what is now, a poor man's Russell Wilson but he couldn't even achieve that. It's a shame too b/c he had all the physical attributes you ask for in a QB..... just no height.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5296
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
Bears Fan here... I, in all honesty, hope you guys start Pryor. I think he's destined for big things.


...to be fair, I thought the same thing about Troy Smith.


A fan of OSU QBs huh? Smile haha

Smith looked ten million times the QB that Pryor does and he couldn't succeed. I think his factors were more to his size and inability to overcome these factors. He had talent but just not enough.... plus, like Pryor, OSU's system played to his strengths and since it's so much easier to succeed in college (especially when the Big 10 sucks) it seems to give people a higher sense of worth much like some of our fans have w/ Pryor. They look at wins and losses and see numbers and think he was great at OSU. That's hardly the case.....

Smith had better velocity that Pryor, he was more accurate, he was smarter, as equal of a work ethic if not better, he had desire, he did everything right... he's just 5'11" and that effected the rest of his game immensely.


Honestly before the bowl game that smith had I wanted to select him #1 overall. He was really but then they played the Gators Jamarcus Russell cam out and this year Megatron and AD are setting records. Smh


Shocked

You wanted Troy Smith #1 overall? Props for admitting that, I would have kep that to myself lol.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 9837
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigMike1b wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
nbaker1933 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
nbaker1933 wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:
Btw the offense looked horrible week 1 with Palmer. Feel justified? What a joke.


Do you mean the game that palmer threw for nearly 300 yards, and completed 70% of his passes?
dont forget his 1 touchdown pass.


This guy gets it.

he also threw more Tds than Ints.

Hahaha. Isn't NC being sarcastic tho? I mean... only 1 TD? Laughing


he throws it 30+ times a game has 70% accuracy but can only get a td in garbage time he is a stud thats hof numbers. hof i tell you.


You don't remember that dropped TD by Streater earlier in the game?


Or the fumble by Streater in the red zone...
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group