Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Wallace = Glorified Ted Ginn
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xXxHOUSEDxXx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Mike Wallace = Glorified Ted Ginn Reply with quote

He has poor hands, he's not elusive, he's not agile, and he can't make cuts without coming to a complete stop. All he is, is straight line fast, just like our old friend Ted Ginn. If Ginn would have been drafted by the Steelers and had someone like Big Ben with the ability to keep plays alive and throw the deep ball, we would have paid him $60M too.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could disagree with you more man he was open for countless TD's that were miss fired 7-8 that I can count. also running bubble screens to him is not his game. run crossing patterns with him on the move much the way Carolina is with ginn this year. Is Wallace worth 60 mil ? no but he is hardly hardly the problem here in Miami
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I don't think he is another Ted Ginn, I do think he was overrated. I'd certainly take Brandon Marshall over Wallace every day of the week and he would have been cheaper. With that said, Wallace has major holes in his game, but if he and Tannehill can ever learn how to connect on the deep ball we could salvage the biggest investment in Dolphins history.
Vincy336

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what Make Wallace brings to the team he gets doubled other people get open, he gets open Tannehill can't connect with him half the time, he has never hit him in stride even when it's a screen pass he throws it in the dirt.Even with all these misses he only came up short like 60yds from a 1000yds
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man please!! If anything Mike Wallace should be the one upset. That dude did what the Fins brought him in to do. It is not his fault he was given a QB who lacks touch. If people think Wallace is Ted Ginn than Tannehill is Matt Flynn. He is accurate throwing short routes put cannot throw deep. He has no pocket awareness (although it is getting better). He is not a franchise QB. Miami should keep looking.
xXxHOUSEDxXx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Man please!! If anything Mike Wallace should be the one upset. That dude did what the Fins brought him in to do. It is not his fault he was given a QB who lacks touch. If people think Wallace is Ted Ginn than Tannehill is Matt Flynn. He is accurate throwing short routes put cannot throw deep. He has no pocket awareness (although it is getting better). He is not a franchise QB. Miami should keep looking.

Huh? This has nothing to do with Tannehill. I'm just pointing out that Mike Wallace has the same exact skill-set and flaws as Ginn. Ginn could get open deep and be over or underthrown by Tannehill for a lot less money.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wallace ran some effective bubbles in Pitt if i remember but we all knew we overpaid him, its just so demoralising leaving so many tds on the field with him (whether it be his, tannehills or shermans fault)
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner 2012 and 2013
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
thejoz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Said it before, and will say it again:

Wallace can't do much catching of deep balls if Tannehill is getting sacked half a dozen times a game.

Bring me a solid O-Line that keeps Tannehill upright, and then we'll see who the problem is, if one of them is.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thejoz wrote:
Bring me a solid O-Line that keeps Tannehill upright, and then we'll see who the problem is, if one of them is.

Who cares who the problem is. Bottom line is we could've signed Ted Ginn for a lot less money to do the same exact thing. They have the same skill-set.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Tannehill connects on 4-5 of those deep balls that he missed on Wallace has a 1300+ yard, 7+ TD year.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

Huh? This has nothing to do with Tannehill. I'm just pointing out that Mike Wallace has the same exact skill-set and flaws as Ginn. Ginn could get open deep and be over or underthrown by Tannehill for a lot less money.

What did you think Mike Wallace was when they signed him? He provided exactly what Miami signed him for. He isnt a big receiver that catches balls over the middle he is a downfield threat. To your point, guys like Wallace are easy to find. All you have to do is draft the fastest 40 time guy and sign him at receiver.
ChosenOne3188

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did Mike Wallace do wrong? It is not his fault that Tannehill has missed him time and time again.

AIM/Steam/XBL: ChosenOne3188
xXxHOUSEDxXx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChosenOne3188 wrote:
What did Mike Wallace do wrong? It is not his fault that Tannehill has missed him time and time again.

He didn't do anything wrong. He is what he is. I'm just mad that we would sign a guy like Wallace to such an enormous contract when his skills are so limited, and more importantly, like ova said, easy to find! Mike Wallace is nothing but straight line fast. That's it. He has poor hands, doesn't fight for the ball, runs poor routes, can't make people miss, can't make a sharp cut without coming to a complete stop otherwise he stumbles, and is very average in all aspects of being a wide receiver except for getting open deep. He has the same exact skill-set as Ted Ginn. So yea, Wallace didn't do anything wrong, but Ireland did by signing a guy to a $60M contract when he could have signed Ted Ginn to do the same exact thing for $1M.

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wallace is what he is. We knew we weren't getting the most skilled #1 WR, but what we were getting was pure speed. Speed that can't be utilized as well as we would like because Tannehill's deep ball is not great.

I've said it before, I say it again, I'd much prefer Brandon Marshall. In fact, for what its worth, I started a thread on this forum site calling for the drafting of Alshon Jeffery. I thought he would be a fantastic pro. Instead Ireland decided to draft Jonathan Martin.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem with Wallace really. He dropped some passes early in the season that I felt he should have caught, but in looking at the whole picture I felt Wallace ran some routes this season that actually surprised and impressed me.

I have to agree with Ovaw that the only problem with Wallace was that Tannehill can only hit a deep ball when Jupiter collides with the moon and creates a reversal of the earths magnetic poles which allows Tannehills under thrown footballs to travel 5 yards farther.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: