Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who are you? Part II-- Introduce yourself, or update us!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, its been a while, but since I have had some spare time as of late... figured I could come back and make some posts more often.

A LOT has changed since my introductory post here...

Backwoodsboy65 wrote:
Name: Matt
Occupation: Full-time student (UCF - Mechanical Engineering), work at Interstate Batteries.
Hobbies: I spend my fall/winter hunting deer; Summer nights hunting hogs. I like to bass fish, play football, etc...
Music: Lynyrd Skynyrd, Eagles, some country music, ZZ Top, Hank Williams Jr, Kid Rock, other rock bands, some rap.

I didn't make it past High School Football... Sad But, I was MVP in JV and a Captain of the Varsity team my senior year.
Been a Dolphins fan since birth. Still have my first Dolphin jerseys in the attic (Marino, Duper).

I am now 26 years old and graduated from UCF with a degree in Marketing, not engineering. I am going into my 8th year of coaching HS Football. I now teach Sports & Entertainment Marketing at New Smyrna Beach HS and coach the O Line.

I was the original moderator of this forum and used to spend a lot of time here. Good to see it is still up and running with some good familiar faces. I am not as much of a hardcore Dolphins fan as I once was, but I have become more of a fanatic of the actual game itself. For the last 3 years I have been completely infatuated with the pistol offense and it is my true love.

I remember that when I first joined the site, the big discussion was whether we would get Edgerrin James, Shaun Alexander, or draft a RB like Cedric Benson.... Since then, Ronnie Brown came and went, along with the likes of Ted Ginn, John Beck, Chad Henne, Pat White, Phillip Merling, Lorenzo Booker, Jason Allen, Matt Roth, Channing Crowder, and Tony Bua (for the originals here). But, one thing remains the same... a bunch of manic dolphins fans sitting on the edge of their seat, waiting for their team to make the move that will put the franchise on the right track. That, my friends, is what makes a football team so great. Its the fans. Not just the ones that wear a jersey for their favorite team on a random whim... the ones that obsess about every transaction their crappy GM makes. The ones that notice the news article about the backup LB straining his hip flexor. So, know that no matter how bad of a decision the GM made, or how much better your decision would have been, know that you always will have someone to tell or gripe to on these forums.

I sure am glad these things don't exist for HS football...
FF Member #1000
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This guy right here is one of the absolute LEGENDS of the Dolphins forum here at FF. Him, Finman, Mercury22 and FrankMoore are probably my Dolphins forum FF Mt. Rushmore.

(No offense Deets, Ovaw, Doc, and the other great posters we've had the joy of having share thoughts here.)

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This guy right here is one of the absolute LEGENDS of the Dolphins forum here at FF. Him, Finman, Mercury22 and FrankMoore are probably my Dolphins forum FF Mt. Rushmore.

(No offense Deets, Ovaw, Doc, and the other great posters we've had the joy of having share thoughts here.)

I would agree with PD here. Has anyone heard from FrankMoore??? I haven't seen him post in awhile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never posted in the original as it was pretty dated when I joined the site.

Name: Steven
Location: I currently reside in Murfreesboro, TN.. about 30 minutes SE of Nashville, a place I truely dread traveling too. Spent alot of Time in WV, MD and FL.
Hobbies: Football, Baseball, anything Tech related, computer games.
Occupation: Currently work for Amazon, worked for Dell and HP in the past doing computer diagnostics and repair. Have a degree in Network Engineering that does absolutely nothing for me.
College: I went to Seminole Community College and the University of Central Florida when i lived there.
How I became a fan: Moved to Florida with my parents when I was about 13 years old. Started hanging out with my cousin one day while he was watching a football gaming knowing nothing about the sport. This was September 3rd 1995, when we beat the Jests 52-14. Was hooked from that point on.

Adopt a Dolphwin - Lamar Miller
157 Rush - 628 Yards - 4.0 Avg - 2 TD [] 25 Rec - 166 Yards
Daryl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OVA,

Current reside: Maryland

I couldn't agree more YUK. It's Carol City it's not a damn Garden! Im from Liberty city not to far from Edison High right off 62nd Ave. I was born at Jackson Memorial Hospital! I have family all over Miami, Lauderdale n Perrine
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryl wrote:
OVA,

Current reside: Maryland

I couldn't agree more YUK. It's Carol City it's not a damn Garden! Im from Liberty city not to far from Edison High right off 62nd Ave. I was born at Jackson Memorial Hospital! I have family all over Miami, Lauderdale n Perrine

My grandma lives in Perrine. I swear I do not understand the point in changing the city name. It is and always will be Carol City. Maybe they did that as a reason to increase property taxes. But I was born at Mt. Sinai Hospital on the Beach.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Name: George
From: Bradenton, FL High School Football is nuts in my area. Growing up I watched a number of great players: Tommie Frazier, Peter Warrick, Adrian McPherson, and Fabian Washington and about a half dozen or so players who made it the NFL.
School: University of South Florida
Dolphin Fan since birth
Hobbies: Flag Football, Fantasy Football, Reading, and Woodworking.
General: Married with one beautiful Little Girl here and two little boys. Played High School Football at the great Manatee High and went on to play a small D II In NC for one year before receiving a 3rd leg injury in as many year and decided to hang up the cleats. Coached High School football for 4 years before deciding to spend my free time with the family.

Seven years ago...did not realize I had been on this site that long....

Update....

I'm 32 and I still teach (it's a sweet gig....I only teach 4 classes and have 3 open periods in which I work with students who are falling behind get back on track to graduate). My kids are all in school and occupy most of my free time (Dance, Soccer, Baseball) which in turn has replaced some of my hobbies, but in a much more enjoyable way.

Most here probably don't remember me or know I use to post quite often...I for the most part didn't visit the site since 07/08 when the Ted Ginn/Ronnie Brown debates were prevalent, but having few people in my area (damn Bucs fans) to discuss Dolphin's football has led me back. I remember the old group as PD mentions (where's Jcool on that list?).

Like I said I've been a Dolphin's fan my whole life (My father had been a fan since the Colts left Baltimore) and grew up watching when the Playoffs were a possibility each year. I believe I have learned more about the NFL (especially the business side of the sport) from this site then any other place. There is more insight and a better exchange of ideas concerning the Dolphins then any publication. We debate, offer our opinions and as a result become more knowledgeable about the team we all love.

As far as the FFMD....I would love to be apart of it even if it is a very small role just to see how it plays out....I still do not know how I've never payed attention to it before.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigmark76 wrote:
skatewood2 wrote:
bigmark76 wrote:
hello fins nation, my name is mark and originally i bled the green and gold.... i bled too much (sick of farve)

looked around and was reincarned to bleed the aqua and orange (loved watching marino) since 97 fins forever!

oh and im the only dolphin fan in WI to my knowlege

not too much has changed I'm attending a 2 yr tech college to get my gen. eds out of the way and i plan on transferring in the fall hopefully to Madison or to whitewater.

I'm 22 now I've been here for about 2 years and although i don't post much i love hearing/ reading others opinions on the teams direction, players, the draft and etc.

my favorite current player is cam wake, all time (that I've watched personally) is zach thomas and bubble favorite is tanny.

job: cleans carpets Wink
hobbies: I collect video game consoles/games I have both ps3 and xbox 360 i play madden only because EA is evil (IMO) and can't handle a little competion so they bought the rights to the players and the teams. NFL
2K5 for life!

I lived in Sturgeon Bay for almost two years. But that was fifteen years ago so it has been a while since there has been another Fins fan in WI Smile

wow that's up there almost at the end of the peninsula, i live in the outskirts of Waukesha near Milwaukee. what did y'all do for fun while you lived up there WI is quite a boring state Laughing .

We would mostly go to the local small bars or drink at someone's house. Sometimes we would go to downtown GB to drink. I only lived there for a little less than two years. It did suck because I was young and single but now that I am married with kids I would love to go back. It is such a nice place up there.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Manlaw15

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello fellow Dolfans,
I'm new to the forum but i have been a long time Dolfan since the day i was born. A buddy of mine the patrols the Giants forum recommended me to this website. I wish i would have known about this site earlier instead of jumping between the Sun Sentinel, Palm Beach Post, Miami Herald so on and so forth. I have already read a couple of your mock drafts and off season pick ups and I'm ready to throw my two cents in. Anyway i guess it's customary to type in info on who i am and everything so....

Name: Tim
School: Palm Beach State College
General info: Already have a degree in communications. Working on my computer engineering degree. I'm engaged and will be married this summer. Played High School football but lost interest my senior year (wasn't good enough to start lol). Huge South Florida fan in all major sports (except baseball sorry Marlins fans but they didn't exist when i started watching). Big Braves fan. Love Fantasy football and if anyone is starting up a league next season please hit me up Very Happy
skatewood2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Tim and good luck on the upcoming wedding.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
Manlaw15

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatewood2 wrote:

Thanx Skate. I also have a buddy that is in the Fins force and i hope to have TD the dolphin at my wedding. We will see how far that flies with the future Mrs. Laughing
skatewood2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manlaw15 wrote:
skatewood2 wrote:

Thanx Skate. I also have a buddy that is in the Fins force and i hope to have TD the dolphin at my wedding. We will see how far that flies with the future Mrs. Laughing

Well really good luck then. We are all behind you on that one Laughing Wink

NFL - Miami Dolphins
dolpinfans1123

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Jesse
City: Ocala Fl.
18 years old
Currently go to school at a local community college
Work as a Barber in a shop here.

I came on this forum about 5 years ago when I was like 13 and I always wrote little stuff here and there but I never really got into it fully, but I have always checked the site weekly at the least to get information on the fins. I've been a dolphin fan all my life and I think I should start including my opinions on here more cuz i think it might be a lot of fun. I like the dolphins, heat and the U. Im an optimist so im rarely negatve about current players wich i understand can be a bad thing. i do think i have a good eye on talent though cuz year after year the players i want the fins to get always seem to be rookie of the year or be good lol. (thats just a little bit about me for now iguess) Thanks for the thread so I could have the opportunity to introduce myself. Go dolphins.
IbleedMiamiAqua

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Tyler
22 years old
My girlfriend takes up most if my time, thinking about getting engaged.
I am a student loan debt collector
Horseheads, NY
I am a die hard dolphins fan living in upstate New York bills country and I love every minute if it
Iv been reading this forum way before I started posting but I wanted to get my thoughts in here and there with a few people who share my love of the Fins!!
skatewood2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IbleedMiamiAqua wrote:
My name is Tyler
22 years old
My girlfriend takes up most if my time, thinking about getting engaged.
I am a student loan debt collector
Horseheads, NY
I am a die hard dolphins fan living in upstate New York bills country and I love every minute if it
Iv been reading this forum way before I started posting but I wanted to get my thoughts in here and there with a few people who share my love of the Fins!!

Welcome to the forum IbMA, we all look forward to hearing your views. Good luck with the engagement.

NFL - Miami Dolphins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: