Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who are you? Part II-- Introduce yourself, or update us!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daryl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skate/Geoff,

Don't worry my friend it flys by just take full advantage of ACAP as soon as you hit your two yr out mark. I joined this site in January of 2008 at the time I had 15 yrs active duty in addition to my reserve time. It will be here before you know it. It's a great feeling and it was time for me to do something else.
ZenZuki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlos2104 wrote:
Haven't seen you on the site in a while. Welcome back good sir.

Thanks for the welcome back Carlos! Smile Good to see you and some of the guys who've been around from way back still keeping things lively 'round here.

I've lurked here every once in a while, but had been quite busy as of late.

Kinda stablized at the moment so I should be around more often (at least for now haha).

Go Phins! Cool

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZenZuki wrote:
carlos2104 wrote:
Haven't seen you on the site in a while. Welcome back good sir.

Thanks for the welcome back Carlos! Smile Good to see you and some of the guys who've been around from way back still keeping things lively 'round here.

I've lurked here every once in a while, but had been quite busy as of late.

Kinda stablized at the moment so I should be around more often (at least for now haha).

Go Phins! Cool
I know how it goes. I wasn't on this site for probably 2 years or so. I'm glad to be back. I'm glad some of the other fellas are coming back too. There was a period on here that if you said anything positive, you got attacked. I'm glad it's over. Go Phins!
hisalness56

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I'm Alex I'm 19 from Baltimore, MD and I've been on here for about 6 months now but don't post a whole lot although I do enjoy reading everything.

Currently I'm a sophomore at the Universtiy of Delaware studying Criminal Justice. Career wise obviously I'm a student but I plan on joining the military when I graduate. Haven't decided which branch but I have a little time. I've been a phins fan since as long as I can remember. I've lived in Maryland all my life but when I was growing up the Ravens were just starting and my dad was a Cowboys fan. Not sure why I didn't become a Cowboys fan (theyre probably my second team I suppose) but I just really liked to Dolphins for whatever reason. I picked them and it stuck. Anyways, nice to meet you guys I'm looking forward to starting to post more often.
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To any of the newer posters, please consider taking part in FFMD what it starts up next month! It's a great way to get into upping your participation in the forum, if that's what you're looking for.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
hisalness56

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
To any of the newer posters, please consider taking part in FFMD what it starts up next month! It's a great way to get into upping your participation in the forum, if that's what you're looking for.

what exactly is FFMD... im assuming MD is Mock Draft?
DOLFAN016

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hisalness56 wrote:
Hey guys, I'm Alex I'm 19 from Baltimore, MD and I've been on here for about 6 months now but don't post a whole lot although I do enjoy reading everything.

Currently I'm a sophomore at the Universtiy of Delaware studying Criminal Justice. Career wise obviously I'm a student but I plan on joining the military when I graduate. Haven't decided which branch but I have a little time. I've been a phins fan since as long as I can remember. I've lived in Maryland all my life but when I was growing up the Ravens were just starting and my dad was a Cowboys fan. Not sure why I didn't become a Cowboys fan (theyre probably my second team I suppose) but I just really liked to Dolphins for whatever reason. I picked them and it stuck. Anyways, nice to meet you guys I'm looking forward to starting to post more often.

Welcome, Alex. I am originally from the Central PA area and lived there all my life (24 years), but I've lived in Baltimore for a little over a year now. Which part of the area are you from? I'm near White Marsh/Perry Hall I guess you could say...Anyway, nice to have you on here.

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Ted. I old compared to most of you. I'm 42. I work two full time gigs currently. I am a psychotherapist and I also run an advertising agency as the Operations Manager. I don't follow basketball, baseball or hockey. My single love is football/NFL and as it says in my signature, its all about the Dolphins for me. Because I work about 75-80 hours a week I don't post as much as I used to here, but I still love having a place to read about the Dolphins and catch up with other fans.
hisalness56

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOLFAN016 wrote:
Welcome, Alex. I am originally from the Central PA area and lived there all my life (24 years), but I've lived in Baltimore for a little over a year now. Which part of the area are you from? I'm near White Marsh/Perry Hall I guess you could say...Anyway, nice to have you on here.

I live south of the city in the Ellicott City/Columbia area
bigmark76

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatewood2 wrote:
bigmark76 wrote:
hello fins nation, my name is mark and originally i bled the green and gold.... i bled too much (sick of farve)

looked around and was reincarned to bleed the aqua and orange (loved watching marino) since 97 fins forever!

oh and im the only dolphin fan in WI to my knowlege

not too much has changed I'm attending a 2 yr tech college to get my gen. eds out of the way and i plan on transferring in the fall hopefully to Madison or to whitewater.

I'm 22 now I've been here for about 2 years and although i don't post much i love hearing/ reading others opinions on the teams direction, players, the draft and etc.

my favorite current player is cam wake, all time (that I've watched personally) is zach thomas and bubble favorite is tanny.

job: cleans carpets Wink
hobbies: I collect video game consoles/games I have both ps3 and xbox 360 i play madden only because EA is evil (IMO) and can't handle a little competion so they bought the rights to the players and the teams. NFL
2K5 for life!

I lived in Sturgeon Bay for almost two years. But that was fifteen years ago so it has been a while since there has been another Fins fan in WI Smile

wow that's up there almost at the end of the peninsula, i live in the outskirts of Waukesha near Milwaukee. what did y'all do for fun while you lived up there WI is quite a boring state Laughing .
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hisalness56 wrote:
ProudDolphan47 wrote:

FFMD stands for Footballs Future Mock Draft...it is a site wide mock offseason run by the global moderators. Each team has a General Manager nominated and selected, and that General Manager will assemble his 'staff' to scout free agents, scout draft picks, talk trade with other general managers, manage the salary cap, restructure contracts, ect. I'm not certain how long they have been doing them, but I have been participating for the last 4, the last 2 in an assistant or General Manager role. It's as close to an authentic simulation of an offseason as you can get, and the fans of each respective team get to call the shots for their team's offseason.

If I had to guess, there are probably somewhere between 200-300 total individuals who participated last year on the site.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a lot of fun. I have participated in probably 5 or 6 of them in my time here. I have been a scout a few times, GM once or twice, AGM once or twice, head coach and a coordinator.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
hisalness56 wrote:
ProudDolphan47 wrote:

FFMD stands for Footballs Future Mock Draft...it is a site wide mock offseason run by the global moderators. Each team has a General Manager nominated and selected, and that General Manager will assemble his 'staff' to scout free agents, scout draft picks, talk trade with other general managers, manage the salary cap, restructure contracts, ect. I'm not certain how long they have been doing them, but I have been participating for the last 4, the last 2 in an assistant or General Manager role. It's as close to an authentic simulation of an offseason as you can get, and the fans of each respective team get to call the shots for their team's offseason.

If I had to guess, there are probably somewhere between 200-300 total individuals who participated last year on the site.

These are a lot of fun. This will be my third year doing it. Looking for a bigger role this year. Its also a great way to get to know some of the guys on here.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I probably should have posted here first.

Hey guys, Im Aaron. I'm a 20 year old college student in California. I play baseball for the school.

My dad saw the game between the Dolphins and Bears in 85 when the Phins ruined their bid for a perfect season as a teenager in an arcade. He fell in love with the team, so I grew up a Dolphins fan.

I vaguely remember watching Marino, but I loved watching Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas, my favorite Dolphins of all time.

Oh, and I'm very interested in the FFMD. Sounds like fun.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Rod
Current reside: Maryland

Attended, played football and graduated from the University of Maryland. Two classes from achieving MBA/ MS in Cybersecurity. Currently work in Human Resources for a government contractor. Love playing Madden and Call of Duty (Black Ops). Also married with two kids.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: