Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Tice may not return next year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-1225-bits-bears-chicago--20121225,0,4708020.story

Quote:
Jay Cutler's disdain for Mike Martz was pretty evident at the end of last season even if the quarterback never publicly spoke against the offensive coordinator.

Given a chance to lobby for yet another play-caller next season, Cutler said on the "Waddle & Silvy Show" Monday on WMVP-AM 1000 that would make things more difficult for the Bears. The offense has been rocky in Mike Tice's first season in the position, and Cutler is coming off a poor performance against the Cardinals in which he completed one of his first 11 passes and threw for only 146 yards.

"You hope not," Cutler said. "It's hard for an offense and for a quarterback to get where you want to be and be consistent on a weekly basis if you're changing coordinators every year."
Nothing would be more ludicrous than to get rid of Tice while keeping Smith as HC. However, it would be totally typical of the buck-passing "what me responsible?" regime.

Emery, however, is not this stupid and, if he goes along with this, it would show he is NOT going to do anything with this team that fans would like. One more wasted year under Smith.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
The most damning thing to me is not the pathetic Oline play, it is the playcalling and schemes we run. Tice is easily as clueless as Martz was at recognizing what we can and can't do on offense. I saw Cutler roll out twice 3 games ago, and I nearly fell out of my chair. He had forever to throw, and no one in front of him blocking his line of sight or throwing lanes. Have I seen any roll outs since, OF COURSE NOT! How stupid to think that might happen again. Brick wall That is one of a bevvy of stupid calls, and unoriginal formations and plays.
How do people keeping excusing Smith from being responsible for the WHOLE team? This is HIS team from schemes to personnel. Failure lies DIRECTLY on his shoulders as it should with every HC.

We have blundered our way from one of the top teams in the league to one praying for a GB victory allowing us to stagger into the playoffs. Disgusting.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, shame on us here. Mike Tice to OC was a move we lauded well before it even happened. I hope this reminds us that as passionate as we are about football, we don't know everything and couldn't run a team ourselves.

bearsaddict wrote:
I saw Cutler roll out twice 3 games ago, and I nearly fell out of my chair. He had forever to throw, and no one in front of him blocking his line of sight or throwing lanes. Have I seen any roll outs since, OF COURSE NOT!

I think it's hilarious how many people think roll outs, bootlegs, and moving pockets are the be-all, end-all of Jay Cutler's game. Laughing Certainly he excels in those situations because of his mobility, but sometimes I think people go a little overboard.

VeniceBearsFan wrote:
cutler has had os many different offensive coordinators it's ridiculous

That's a problem that can't even adequately be summed up in words.

bears2308 wrote:
Good QB, 2 good rb's, an all-star receiver and a promising rookie isn't talented? We need about 2 more pieces on the o-line along with a TE and our offense is pretty damn good...

Still, Tice and co. should've been able to perform at a higher level with the talent already in place.

Yeah, a lot of the problem is scheme-related, but at the same time the offense lacks role players. It's great that they have Cutler/Forte/Bush/Marshall, but after that there's nobody who steps up and makes the occasional play when needed, and that includes Alshon Jeffery and the often-injured Earl Bennett.
topwop1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if Tice is out then Lovie should be too. I'm not saying I think Tice has done a good enough job to warrant another year as the OC but I'm just tired of the position coaches always taking the blame and being scapegoated for Lovie's inability to put together a decent coaching staff. There comes a point where enough is enough and you have to stop giving the head coach that many chances to right the ship. 3 playoff appearances in 8 years and maybe soon to be 3 in 9? That's simply not good enough.
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Well, shame on us here. Mike Tice to OC was a move we lauded well before it even happened. I hope this reminds us that as passionate as we are about football, we don't know everything and couldn't run a team ourselves.

bearsaddict wrote:
I saw Cutler roll out twice 3 games ago, and I nearly fell out of my chair. He had forever to throw, and no one in front of him blocking his line of sight or throwing lanes. Have I seen any roll outs since, OF COURSE NOT!

I think it's hilarious how many people think roll outs, bootlegs, and moving pockets are the be-all, end-all of Jay Cutler's game. Laughing Certainly he excels in those situations because of his mobility, but sometimes I think people go a little overboard.

VeniceBearsFan wrote:

bears2308 wrote:
Good QB, 2 good rb's, an all-star receiver and a promising rookie isn't talented? We need about 2 more pieces on the o-line along with a TE and our offense is pretty damn good...

Still, Tice and co. should've been able to perform at a higher level with the talent already in place.

Yeah, a lot of the problem is scheme-related, but at the same time the offense lacks role players. It's great that they have Cutler/Forte/Bush/Marshall, but after that there's nobody who steps up and makes the occasional play when needed, and that includes Alshon Jeffery and the often-injured Earl Bennett.
I pointed out one example of the ineptitude of Tice. There are a million others. How is that going overboard? Did I say it was the end all be all be all...in no way.
Badger75

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides no line blocking, Cutler has one reliable pass catcher in Marshall. Occassionally Jefferies. Bennett and Hester get shut down with single coverage. No TE's. (wasn't Tice once a TE for about a decade?)

Musgrave has Ponder using far better judgement and not throwing INT's this year. Ponder also doesn't have a strong WR corps.
TexasBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:
Besides no line blocking, Cutler has one reliable pass catcher in Marshall. Occassionally Jefferies. Bennett and Hester get shut down with single coverage. No TE's. (wasn't Tice once a TE for about a decade?)

Musgrave has Ponder using far better judgement and not throwing INT's this year. Ponder also doesn't have a strong WR corps.

15 TD's to 12 INT's isn't exacly a great ratio for Mr. Ponder. Just sayin.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexasBearsFan wrote:
Badger75 wrote:

15 TD's to 12 INT's isn't exacly a great ratio for Mr. Ponder. Just sayin.

Agreed. Ponder lacks Cutler's arm strength. He can run with the ball. Should he get a 2nd WR to go with Harvin and he continues to minimize mistakes while handing off to Peterson, they will have solid offense.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:

I pointed out one example of the ineptitude of Tice. There are a million others. How is that going overboard? Did I say it was the end all be all be all...in no way.

And I was making a broad generalization, so relax.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:

bearsaddict wrote:

VeniceBearsFan wrote:

bears2308 wrote:

People here have no patience. Apparently they don't believe the HC sets the tone for the team: offense and defense and determines the overall game plans and strategy. This is the main reason people hate our coordinators, year after year. What do they all have in common?

Unless Smith is gone it would be stupid to fire Tice. That would almost inevitably mean Bates would be the new OC, no one would come here with a lame duck. That doesn't bother me but I'm just saying.
Bfan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Tice goes and Lovie stays without an extension I hope you like Bates for OC because nobody else will take the job. With a lame duck HC, no job security why should they?
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bfan wrote:
If Tice goes and Lovie stays without an extension I hope you like Bates for OC because nobody else will take the job. With a lame duck HC, no job security why should they?

Is this the new motto around here lol…

No coach in the NFL is safe year in year out…doesn’t matter who it is this is a what have you done for me lately league…we don’t want an OC who is worried about job security in a years’ time…we want an OC who has faith in his ability to put an offence on the field that can be competent and successful enough to stick with this D so that we win games and no one has to worry about their jobs…if a coach won’t back himself then why would anyone else? Players certainly wouldn’t gravitate to him and go all out for him if he didn’t believe in himself…I’m willing to bet there are a good few QB coaches out there who are willing to back themselves with the talent we have to be the OC that has us competing around the league…let’s remember the last time we had an offence that ranked in the top half of the league we went to the SB.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a real simple philosophy for the OC don't care if its Tice, Bates, or anybody else. Get the ball the #22 20 times a game. Run, pass, wildcat, Idc, just put the ball in his hands. Then once defenses adjust to that, then start pushing the ball down the field w/ Brandon and Alshon. If we were just the run first team we are built to be, our offense could be well above average.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:

And I was making a broad generalization, so relax.
Oh, because I was supposed to get that based on what you said.
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
I have a real simple philosophy for the OC don't care if its Tice, Bates, or anybody else. Get the ball the #22 20 times a game. Run, pass, wildcat, Idc, just put the ball in his hands. Then once defenses adjust to that, then start pushing the ball down the field w/ Brandon and Alshon. If we were just the run first team we are built to be, our offense could be well above average.
Everything on offense that ANY OC tries is so much easier with a great Oline. We had a guy at GM that thought he could make linemen out of rejects and other teams' trash. If anyone thinks New England would do anything without their great Oline they are a fool. I care just as much about us finding actual NFL linemen at all five spots as I do an OC. A great Oline is something that even guys like Ron Turdner, John Shoop, and Terry Shea would have to try to screw up. Not that I disagree with anything you said in your post.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: