Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Arizona Cardinals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Takes It?
Cardinals
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
49ers
82%
 82%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 23

Ataal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me crazy, but I think it's going to be Delanie freakin' Walker that's going to be the guy that steps up on 3rd downs if Crabtree gets heavily covered. There just doesn't seem to be a connection between Kaep and Vernon. And, Moss...well who knows. I see him as a long distance threat, but I have seen him come down with some very hard-to-catch short catches as well. But, only lately. Obviously, we need all the help we can get. Manningham and Williams being out hurts. Bad.

Delanie drops more passes than I care to even talk about, but man does he make up for it sometimes. He just seems to get open more often than others. If he could work on the dropsies, considering how great of a run blocker he is and other jack-of-all-trades things he does, he'd easily be a top 3 guy on our offense.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
sherm wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
The problem, right now, is if a defense shuts down Crab, how will we respond. We haven't seen anyone else convert a 3rd down in a while...

What makes u so sure a team can shut him down?

That's why I used the word "if". In any case, do you want our offense to be that one-dimensional?

We have a running gm that will only get more openings with the way Kaep-Crabtree are playing.
sherm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
The problem, right now, is if a defense shuts down Crab, how will we respond. We haven't seen anyone else convert a 3rd down in a while...

I was thinking the same exact thing and I don't want a repeat of last year's playoffs where we only have one option. And Crabtree can definitely be taken away against teams with stud CBs such as Sherman. Losing Manningham and Williams hurts, but I'm hoping Davis can some how get loose once again.

Well he did have 4 CTH 65 yard on 9 targets...not to mention the 35 yarder he caught over him. Pretty good considering Kaep really struggled passing in that gm. He was open a few other times Kaep just didn't read the def fast enough(on the 3rd down pass before the block kick). He stayed on Moss too long. But hey Sherman won that battle no big deal. I have no doubt if we play them again Crabtree will be just fine.

For those that are waiting for teams to shut down Crabtree. Over his last 9 gms(2 months) he's avg about 82 ypg...8 TD over that span. 107 ypg over the last 5 gms. Wink
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We aren't waiting for Crabtree to be taken out of the game, but just stating it is definitely possible. Many great WRs have been shut down in the playoffs with great gameplans by opposing coaches. Randy Moss had one of the greatest seasons ever in 07, but come playoff time his production took a big dip. It will be very important for Davis and Moss to win their one on one match ups if teams give Crabtree extra attention.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sherm wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

I was thinking the same exact thing and I don't want a repeat of last year's playoffs where we only have one option. And Crabtree can definitely be taken away against teams with stud CBs such as Sherman. Losing Manningham and Williams hurts, but I'm hoping Davis can some how get loose once again.

Well he did have 4 CTH 65 yard on 9 targets...not to mention the 35 yarder he caught over him. Pretty good considering Kaep really struggled passing in that gm. He was open a few other times Kaep just didn't read the def fast enough(on the 3rd down pass before the block kick). He stayed on Moss too long. But hey Sherman won that battle no big deal. I have no doubt if we play them again Crabtree will be just fine.

For those that are waiting for teams to shut down Crabtree. Over his last 9 gms(2 months) he's avg about 82 ypg...8 TD over that span. 107 ypg over the last 5 gms. Wink

Well, let's look at it another way: what IF Crabtree gets injured? Other players will have to step up. Or are you thinking Crabtree can't get injured?

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
sherm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
sherm wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

Well, let's look at it another way: what IF Crabtree gets injured? Other players will have to step up. Or are you thinking Crabtree can't get injured?

What if the Mayans were right?
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sherm wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
sherm wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

Well, I had a back-up plan, in that case. Didn't you? Or do you suggest our coaching staff rides all our hopes on Crabtree being amazing throughout the playoffs, to the point they don't even try to get other players more involved in the game?

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
LANiner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey rudy z canada rocks

Spyhooper honey brown ale rocks

sherm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
sherm wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
sherm wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

Well, I had a back-up plan, in that case. Didn't you? Or do you suggest our coaching staff rides all our hopes on Crabtree being amazing throughout the playoffs, to the point they don't even try to get other players more involved in the game?

Clearly we need others to step up. I'm just not worried about teams taking away Crabtree.
FG21_PW52

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moss needs to step up, Jenkins, Vernon, Delanie. This is the time of year that not having Hunter and K-Dub hurts. If Crabs get double-covered or even triple, Vernon could have another amazing post season. I think his playoff performance last year went kind of under-the-radar, because he was our Superman. Someone needs to do that again this year. I'd love it if was Gore, he just deserves it. Been here the longest and suffered the most (losing). I just want to win darnit. Pray

janky wrote:
Bridgewater won't be better than Brandon Weeden
neezy007

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FG21_PW52 wrote:
Moss needs to step up, Jenkins, Vernon, Delanie. This is the time of year that not having Hunter and K-Dub hurts. If Crabs get double-covered or even triple, Vernon could have another amazing post season. I think his playoff performance last year went kind of under-the-radar, because he was our Superman. Someone needs to do that again this year. I'd love it if was Gore, he just deserves it. Been here the longest and suffered the most (losing). I just want to win darnit. Pray

Gore putting the team on his back and rushing for absurd amounts of yards while carrying us to the SB would be pretty much the coolest thing I can think of.
sherm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
sherm wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
sherm wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

sounds like a very good plan. Its clear we're not gonna get much from the other guys. Gore had that 45 yard pass and VD had that one for 44. Luckily Kaep Gore and LMJ had us on the run.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35
Page 35 of 35

Jump to: