Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Arizona Cardinals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Takes It?
Cardinals
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
49ers
82%
 82%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 23

scraly47*

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Crabtree caught eight passes for 172 yards and two touchdowns in San Francisco's Week 17, 27-13 win over the Cardinals.
Crabtree was targeted 13 times on the afternoon. He scored from 49 yards out in the second quarter on a busted coverage or miscommunication to get the 49ers on the board, and then scored from seven yards out in the third quarter. Crabtree capped the regular season off in a big way and finishes with 85 catches for 1,105 yards and eight touchdowns for his first career 1,000-yard season since entering the league in 2009. In seven games with Colin Kaepernick at quarterback, Crabtree amassed 595 yards and five scores on 41 grabs. San Francisco has now sealed up the No. 2 seed and a first-round bye in the NFC with Green Bay's loss to the Vikings.

If he had played with Kaep for 16 games, Crabs is projected to get 94 catches, 1362 yards and 11 tds.

-Lork
blast

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrian Peterson, is not a human being. He is not from this planet.

It would be a travesty if this THING did not receive MVP, Comeback Player of the Year, and OPOY.
blast

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scraly47* wrote:
Michael Crabtree caught eight passes for 172 yards and two touchdowns in San Francisco's Week 17, 27-13 win over the Cardinals.
Crabtree was targeted 13 times on the afternoon. He scored from 49 yards out in the second quarter on a busted coverage or miscommunication to get the 49ers on the board, and then scored from seven yards out in the third quarter. Crabtree capped the regular season off in a big way and finishes with 85 catches for 1,105 yards and eight touchdowns for his first career 1,000-yard season since entering the league in 2009. In seven games with Colin Kaepernick at quarterback, Crabtree amassed 595 yards and five scores on 41 grabs. San Francisco has now sealed up the No. 2 seed and a first-round bye in the NFC with Green Bay's loss to the Vikings.

If he had played with Kaep for 16 games, Crabs is projected to get 94 catches, 1362 yards and 11 tds.

Kaep loves Crabs....hmphhh Think
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scraly47* wrote:

The flip side of this is that Vernon Davis would have only had 27 receptions for 329 yards...and we'll give him a TD to be generous.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 21st All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #20, Warrick Dunn: 317
*Yards needed to enter Top 15: 1045
scraly47*

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blast wrote:
scraly47* wrote:

Kaep did say he's throwing it to the open man and if that's Crabs and he's making plays then good for us. I would like to see more of VD. I thought he would be in for a big year after his big post season last year.

-Lork
49ersfan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
scraly47* wrote:

The flip side of this is that Vernon Davis would have only had 27 receptions for 329 yards...and we'll give him a TD to be generous.

Crabs and Walker seem to have flourished with Kaep. VD, not so much. Manningham was looking good with Kaep before his injury.

I'm still a little baffled at how little VD seems to be targeted every week. He basically plays all the snaps too. He started the year off really hot with 4 TD's in his first 3 games but has basically fallen off the map since the Bills game, with only the Bears game as an exception.
scraly47*

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
scraly47* wrote:

I really want to know what's going on here. It looked like Vernon would be the one benefiting from Colin after that game against the bears. We really need to get the ball into Vernon's hands come playoff time but I won't complain as long as we are winning.

-Lork
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blast wrote:

It would be a travesty if this THING did not receive MVP, Comeback Player of the Year, and OPOY.

I agree with MVP and OPOY, but not Comeback Player. Remember, he got injured toward the end of the year (and had only missed his career yardage average by about 300 yards at that point). This year the yardage is an anomaly given what he normally does, and he had more rushing TDs last year, actually.

Peyton should get Comeback Player. Peterson is the whole Vikings team, so I agree whole-heartedly that he's the MVP this year.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 21st All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #20, Warrick Dunn: 317
*Yards needed to enter Top 15: 1045
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scraly47* wrote:
blast wrote:
scraly47* wrote:

Kaep did say he's throwing it to the open man and if that's Crabs and he's making plays then good for us. I would like to see more of VD. I thought he would be in for a big year after his big post season last year.

To the open Crab or the double-covered Randy Moss... he's been a bit bipolar in his decision making.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
jonathan goodwin ‏@jgoody59
Classy move today by you guys cheering for #11. #salute #ninerfaithful

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
blast wrote:

I agree with MVP and OPOY, but not Comeback Player. Remember, he got injured toward the end of the year (and had only missed his career yardage average by about 300 yards at that point). This year the yardage is an anomaly given what he normally does, and he had more rushing TDs last year, actually.

Peyton should get Comeback Player. Peterson is the whole Vikings team, so I agree whole-heartedly that he's the MVP this year.

I feel like something stupid will happen and Peyton will still garner MVP honors. I would consider it a snub if there was a co-MVP this season.
scraly47*

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
scraly47* wrote:
blast wrote:
scraly47* wrote:

To the open Crab or the double-covered Randy Moss... he's been a bit bipolar in his decision making.

I think Kaeps wants to be part of a youtube Randy Moss highlight video...lol

-Lork
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aldon is really gonna benefit from the bye imo. This is his first season as an every down player, and it seems to have caught up with him

Deadpulse on the sig

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
How does it end? Hopefully it's a guy snake cause girls don't poop.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninerfanwheelz wrote:
Aldon is really gonna benefit from the bye imo. This is his first season as an every down player, and it seems to have caught up with him

He suffered a shoulder injury against the Dolphins, and again in the 2nd quarter of the Patriots game. Brian Dawkins pointed it out on ESPN after that game and he's definitely been a step slow as of late.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
ninerfanwheelz wrote:

He suffered a shoulder injury against the Dolphins, and again in the 2nd quarter of the Patriots game. Brian Dawkins pointed it out on ESPN after that game and he's definitely been a step slow as of late.

Huh?

I think his dip in production is due to opposing teams either running at him, or forcing him into coverage, or at least, to give a coverage look and take him a couple steps further from the line of scrimmage. The last couple of games made me re-evaluate what oldman has been saying for a while about switching to the 4-3. As a DE, Aldon would be 100% committed to pass rushing/setting the edge. As a 3-4 OLB, he has a lot more responsibilities. He has to line up differently depending on the offensive formation. If he reads run, he has to sit back and play his assignment. If he has to drop back in coverage, it's usually in a short zone, where he just sits there awkwardly, half covering, half spying. In any case, it's a waste of talent to have him drop back on a pass play. I'm not necessarily advocating for a switch to 4-3. I just want Aldon to be used more like a 4-3 end, limiting his responsibilities and assignments, and not stretching him thin. We have enough talent in the rest of the defense to make up for the lack of flexibility such a use would cause. If it were up to me, I would line up Aldon all over the place and not have him covering someone by design. Drop him in coverage at times, but more strategically. This guy should be allowed to attack the offense, not to be attacked by the offense.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 33 of 35

Jump to: