Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Heath ACL tear.

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SteelFire


Joined: 04 Feb 2010
Posts: 46
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Heath ACL tear. Reply with quote

Oh no!! I feel for him. Was having a great year. Get well soon brother.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3145/heath-miller

PS.. Merry Christmas everyone..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Leader O'Cola


Joined: 17 Jan 2012
Posts: 1761
Location: An hour or so west of Chicago
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great. as if we didn't already have TOO many holes that HAVE to be filled via the draft

Mad get well Heath.
_________________
DIAF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
treat88


Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Posts: 6427
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SofaB!

Nelson was a killer yesterday.
_________________



"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mason Storm


Joined: 06 Aug 2009
Posts: 476
Location: Hmm fire Tomlin of course y didnt i think of that oh yea because thats stupid.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked crap favorite Steeler
_________________

^ TommyC376 sig n avy^
"You know your a parent when you pay $120 for your kid to watch something live thats on tv for free"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 7257
Location: 19-19, PA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More bad news from that disaster of a game.

Hopefully he can get better for the start of next season or close to it. He was having such a nice season and my pick for offensive MVP. Such a shame.
_________________


Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
3rivers


Joined: 01 Jan 2011
Posts: 2603
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: Heath ACL tear. Reply with quote

SteelFire wrote:
Oh no!! I feel for him. Was having a great year. Get well soon brother.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3145/heath-miller

PS.. Merry Christmas everyone..


OK goodell, where is the fine on the cheap tackle for this serious injury?
_________________
when a coach says we need to execute, he really is saying it's the players fault, not the fault of him or his staff.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chieferific


Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 3243
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Heath ACL tear. Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
SteelFire wrote:
Oh no!! I feel for him. Was having a great year. Get well soon brother.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3145/heath-miller

PS.. Merry Christmas everyone..


OK goodell, where is the fine on the cheap tackle for this serious injury?

As soon as the NFL feels threatened by billion dollar lawsuits from retired football players with ACL injuries it will be penalized. Until then, they're gonna focus on the current threat to their wallet.
_________________


Last edited by Chieferific on Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 64188
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh horrible! He's my favorite Steeler. A man I work with's daughter went to high school with him.

Get better soon Heath! I hope he has a full recovery Pray
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
3rivers


Joined: 01 Jan 2011
Posts: 2603
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Heath ACL tear. Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
3rivers wrote:
SteelFire wrote:
Oh no!! I feel for him. Was having a great year. Get well soon brother.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3145/heath-miller

PS.. Merry Christmas everyone..


OK goodell, where is the fine on the cheap tackle for this serious injury?

As soon as the NFL feels threatened by billion dollar lawsuits from retired football players with ACL injuries it will be penalized. Until then, they're gonna focus on the current threat to they're wallet.


Exactly, until then:

NHL concussion -> out for a few months
NFL concussion -> out for a week or 2 Rolling Eyes Makes you think doesn't it?

Heath got rolled up on, looked a bit suspect though. I got the play mixed up with another one . Get OL that can run block and let Heath stay out in the open or on the perimeter. Don't take your BEST WR and have him anywhere near inside the tackles runblocking or pass blocking. That was a bad play design with Heath being exposed to that , especially when Wallace can't catch and we need WR that will catch as well as tackle intercepting defenders (unlike wallace)

Heath could get my vote for team MVP, I can't think of anyone close other than sushi, but Heath is MVP I say.
_________________
when a coach says we need to execute, he really is saying it's the players fault, not the fault of him or his staff.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
at23steelers


Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 3721
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance we sign Saunders back to fill his place?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MightyJoeYoung


Joined: 03 Jun 2010
Posts: 2959
Location: Wakefield, England
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
Any chance we sign Saunders back to fill his place?

No, he's on the Colts
_________________


Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 64188
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realize he was a free agent until today. I hope he's re-signed but with this injury, that is definitely a question mark now. Sad
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
at23steelers


Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 3721
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I didn't realize he was a free agent until today. I hope he's re-signed but with this injury, that is definitely a question mark now. Sad


I wonder if he'd be the first team-MVP to not be resigned. I doubt we don't resign him though!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 64188
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I didn't realize he was a free agent until today. I hope he's re-signed but with this injury, that is definitely a question mark now. Sad


I wonder if he'd be the first team-MVP to not be resigned. I doubt we don't resign him though!
i doubt they don't re-sign him either because I think they'd get a deal for sure now and a hometown discount but its a possibility he's not back. Sad

He'd be lucky to be back and starting next sept and he's 30...
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group