Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sherman not instigator for Williams punch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nishray

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Sherman not instigator for Williams punch Reply with quote

From what I heard about what happened after the Skins game, Sherman wanted to stay on the field to talk to RG3 (camera caught sherm giving RG3 a hug). Williams thought they had some unfinished business and approached Sherm.

http://www.whosay.com/AdamSchefter/content/479549?wsref=fb&code=PmN4UiN

Link doesn't actually describe the incident unfortunately, just a link to the apology. I saw the thing on TV, i'll keep digging for a link.

Unfortunately doubt that will sway anyones mind here. Sherman is supposed to be a cheater and a dirty player so thats how people will try to spin this and pretty much anything else down the line.
THEFOOTBALLXPRT

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh. List this under irrelevant news.
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
Meh. List this under irrelevant news.

I tend to agree, but I will say that Sherman does seem to run his mouth a lot and I can't speak for anyone else in here, but in the neighborhoods I grew up in, when you run your mouth a lot there is always someone around who is bigger or stronger than you who will put a fist (or a hand in this case) into your mouth to shut you up when you get out of line. I'm not necessarily defending Williams, but that kind of goes with the territory for what Sherman does. No need for a fine or a suspension on this one. The same way I felt about Legaroutte Blount smashing that kid from Boise State a few years ago. Kid made a decision to run his mouth, getting punched is one of the consequences to that. Time to move on.

Sheldon Cooper
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two great players letting emotion get the better of them, well actually just Trent Williams letting his emotion get the better of him.

Competition breeds contempt. This is a non-story.

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
Sacks98

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea i really don't care how Sherman acts as long as he shuts his guy down.
drunkhawk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has the right to say a little if he has 8 picks, his team won, and the guy he was covering practically did nothing all game.

Some players choose to openly celebrate a little more and others choose not to, move on.

"I've never called anybody ugly. Do I think people are ugly? Yeah, I think he's ugly, but I've never said that..."
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless if someone "deserves" to be shoved in the face like that is just stupid. That's not what you do as a proffesional athlete. Shut up the other team with your play, not actions like this.

I'd be very disspointed if Williams doesn't get fined.

Hall leads with his helmet trying to get a cheap shot and gets up and run his mouth but baldwin wisely doesn't react and cause a penalty for his team.

I don't like that Seattle is being called a thugish club because of the physicality of the play style. Browner gets away with quite a bit however. I think officials are going to start flagging him.

Bruce Irvin is becoming a cheap shot artist too though. He has a few late hit roughing the passer calls. He needs to stop that.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Shazor4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny the people who are crying that the NFL has gone soft and turned into a flag football league are calling the team that is reversing that trend a bunch of thugs.

Adopt a Hawk - Russell Wilson - 252 / 393 64.1% 3118 Yards 26 TD 10 INT 94 ATT 489 YDS 4 TDs

The best QB on the Seattle Seahawks
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care if people call this defense thugs. I much prefer that to our soft defenses of the 2000's.
THEFOOTBALLXPRT

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
I don't care if people call this defense thugs. I much prefer that to our soft defenses of the 2000's.

YUP
imani

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shazor4 wrote:
Funny the people who are crying that the NFL has gone soft and turned into a flag football league are calling the team that is reversing that trend a bunch of thugs.

QFT

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
nishray

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mandatory.com/2013/01/09/richard-sherman-micd-up-is-quality-entertainment/

sherman was mic'd up during the game. thought it might be interesting to some of you. Wish they had more haha, its pretty funny stuff haha....

For the talk between RG3 and Sherm, RG3 was recruited to Stanford and Harbaugh assigned Sherman to show RG3 around. Sherman told RG3 to not come to stanford essentially because harbaugh was a horrible coach. Thats what he refers to when he is talking about RG3 spurning him.

Definitely doesn't seem like Sherm ran his mouth before Williams hit him. Whatever tho, it seems like all the good teams in the NFL are hated at least a little. Can't say I mind the extra attention.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: