Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is it possible that the Seahawks have the OROY & DROY?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
If you take QB out of the equation, the Colts have 1 offensive player that would start on the Seahawks or the Redskins... And they have the worst defense... And they won 11 games on the strength of 7 game winning drives by Luck and that shoddy offense.. And he broke the rookie passing yardage mark because nobody fears the dreaded Vick Ballard. Everyone knew he had to throw. Considering, he played extremely well.

At the same time, he had a cupcake schedule and some of his numbers are very ugly. They hamper his chances.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
If you take QB out of the equation, the Colts have 1 offensive player that would start on the Seahawks or the Redskins... And they have the worst defense... And they won 11 games on the strength of 7 game winning drives by Luck and that shoddy offense.. And he broke the rookie passing yardage mark because nobody fears the dreaded Vick Ballard. Everyone knew he had to throw. Considering, he played extremely well.

He throw nearly twice as often as the other rookie QBs. His Yards Per Attempt average was lower than Wilson and Griffin and his TD% was far, far lower. Not to mention his propensity for turnovers. The yardage record is nothing more than the inordinate amount of times the Colts asked him to throw. Add to that Wilson tied the TD record (way more substantial IMO), also led his team to 11 wins, and has the rushing numbers to boot, I don't see how Luck is in contention.
canucks9314

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imo

rg3
wilson
luck/kalil

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canucks9314 wrote:
imo

rg3
wilson
luck/kalil

About my list as well although i don't think a Offensive Linemen has ever won a Rookie Of The Year award.

I think Wagner has a good shot to win the DROY Collinsworth came out and said he got his vote so the National Media is starting to notice him.
chpjns15

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
canucks9314 wrote:
imo

rg3
wilson
luck/kalil

About my list as well although i don't think a Offensive Linemen has ever won a Rookie Of The Year award.

I think Wagner has a good shot to win the DROY Collinsworth came out and said he got his vote so the National Media is starting to notice him.

I cant remember but Michael Oher may have won it his rookie year. Percy Harvin may have actually won it though

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
THEFOOTBALLXPRT

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oher didn't win it his rookie year. Most people acknowledged that he had some growing pains his rookie year.

Kalil shouldn't get it over Alfred Morris or Doug Martin. Morris may have had the most impressive season in proportion to the other elite players at his position regardless of experience.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OROY (the polls close Jan 29) may very well still be Russ at this point, especially if he has a great game this weekend and knocks ATL out. I still think RGIII wins, though Sad

DROY is prolly gonna be Kuechly, although Bobby Wagner is another candidate who should be right behind him!

As for Oher, his best season as a pro was still his rookie year, where he switched from RT to LT multiple times and shut down the likes of Jared Allen (during his monster year IIRC), Freeney/Mathis, Harrison/Woodley, and basically anybody that was thrown at him. Ever since then, though, he's better average at best.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: