Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is it possible that the Seahawks have the OROY & DROY?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it possible that the Seahawks have the OROY & DRO Reply with quote

Brown_Mamba wrote:
They lost their best defensive player, but they still have Aldon Smith, Patrick Willis, Bowman, Rodgers, McDonald, Goldson, and Whitner. No big deal, right? That whole 92 plays thing is crap imo. It's just an excuse. I mean, they had 6 days to rest, I'm sure those plays didn't wear them out THAT much.

He would have a point if they were just coming off of 92 plays of physical football, but they were simply getting diced up through the air. That's nothing but cardio, which players EASILY recover from over a 6 day period. Had they done that against someone like the Texans or Bears I'd buy the excuse, but they're not.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it possible that the Seahawks have the OROY & DRO Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
bobob123 wrote:
OROY Candidate:

Russell Wilson = Passing Yards 2,868, 25 TD, 10 Int, Comp% 63.4, Rushing Yards 431, Avg 5.6, 3 TD

One of the hottest QBs in the league right now!

DROY Candidate:

Bobby Wagner = Tackles 130, 2 Sacks, 3 Int, 6 Tackles for loss

The play caller for one of the best defenses in the league, and also one of the better young LBs in the league..

So I think the Hawks have a good chance to have both OROY and DROY on this roster, and that's not even talking about Bruce Irvin's impact on this team...
Why is everyone posting these posts now after this win? Seattle beat an absolute beat up 9er team without arguably their best defensive player, in Seattle. If SF was at full strength and could actually play I can see this much trash talk and confidence but they've beaten Arizona, Buffalo, and a team coming off a trip across the country playing on defense for 92 plays. Just tone this down a bit, we were all saying how bad/overated our defense was a couple weeks ago. Now they're almighty and one of the best? C'mon man.

Wagner shouldn't be DPOY. He's got playmakers around him. Kuechly should get it. I hope Wagner does though.

Russell definately should though i think. extremely poised and confident and efficient.
kuechly? Hell no. All he has done is make tackles. Wagner has been more impressive this year. Janoris Jenkins is a dark horse
Seriously? He play's the MLB position, is he supposed to sit there and watch the opponent run around? Give him his props. 150 tackles, 2 int, 3 FR. He's having a great year while playing on one of the worse defenses in the league.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it possible that the Seahawks have the OROY & DRO Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Brown_Mamba wrote:
They lost their best defensive player, but they still have Aldon Smith, Patrick Willis, Bowman, Rodgers, McDonald, Goldson, and Whitner. No big deal, right? That whole 92 plays thing is crap imo. It's just an excuse. I mean, they had 6 days to rest, I'm sure those plays didn't wear them out THAT much.

He would have a point if they were just coming off of 92 plays of physical football, but they were simply getting diced up through the air. That's nothing but cardio, which players EASILY recover from over a 6 day period. Had they done that against someone like the Texans or Bears I'd buy the excuse, but they're not.
No way, 92 plays is 92 plays. They still tackled and were engaged with the Pats o-line all night. While they hardly use subs (which is moronic, but what do you expect for the 9ers Laughing .)

Yes it was a dominant victory but you can't act like they were physically ready for this game.

SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it possible that the Seahawks have the OROY & DRO Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
bobob123 wrote:
OROY Candidate:

Russell Wilson = Passing Yards 2,868, 25 TD, 10 Int, Comp% 63.4, Rushing Yards 431, Avg 5.6, 3 TD

DROY Candidate:

The play caller for one of the best defenses in the league, and also one of the better young LBs in the league..

So I think the Hawks have a good chance to have both OROY and DROY on this roster, and that's not even talking about Bruce Irvin's impact on this team...
Why is everyone posting these posts now after this win? Seattle beat an absolute beat up 9er team without arguably their best defensive player, in Seattle. If SF was at full strength and could actually play I can see this much trash talk and confidence but they've beaten Arizona, Buffalo, and a team coming off a trip across the country playing on defense for 92 plays. Just tone this down a bit, we were all saying how bad/overated our defense was a couple weeks ago. Now they're almighty and one of the best? C'mon man.

Wagner shouldn't be DPOY. He's got playmakers around him. Kuechly should get it. I hope Wagner does though.

Russell definately should though i think. extremely poised and confident and efficient.
kuechly? Hell no. All he has done is make tackles. Wagner has been more impressive this year. Janoris Jenkins is a dark horse
Seriously? He play's the MLB position, is he supposed to sit there and watch the opponent run around? Give him his props. 150 tackles, 2 int, 3 FR. He's having a great year while playing on one of the worse defenses in the league.

I think they are ranked like 16th in the league in defense. They aren't as bad on defense as people think this year and kuechly has a lot to do with that bit they've also gotten better play out of Charles Johnson and their corners. They aren't an elite defense but they aren't Philadelphia, Tampa bay or new Orleans.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it possible that the Seahawks have the OROY & DRO Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
bobob123 wrote:
OROY Candidate:

DROY Candidate:

I think they are ranked like 16th in the league in defense. They aren't as bad on defense as people think this year and kuechly has a lot to do with that bit they've also gotten better play out of Charles Johnson and their corners. They aren't an elite defense but they aren't Philadelphia, Tampa bay or new Orleans.
Does that mean he isn't deserving?

Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it possible that the Seahawks have the OROY & DRO Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Brown_Mamba wrote:

No way, 92 plays is 92 plays. They still tackled and were engaged with the Pats o-line all night. While they hardly use subs (which is moronic, but what do you expect for the 9ers Laughing .)

Yes it was a dominant victory but you can't act like they were physically ready for this game.
they had one less day to prepare and they're a very young team. The only guy one less day of rest should even affect is the only old guy on the team, Justin smith.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it possible that the Seahawks have the OROY & DRO Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Brown_Mamba wrote:

they had one less day to prepare and they're a very young team. The only guy one less day of rest should even affect is the only old guy on the team, Justin smith.
So you think the 9ers were really ready to go and not affected by last weeks game?

justing101

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seattle should have both OROY and DROY but they wont just because they don't get as much as media as they should.

I think it should be between Russell Wilson and RG3 and I would vote for Russell. Luck's numbers are not even THAT great as people make it seem but he has still been pretty good. Wilson has been just awesome.

And by Wagner's numbers it looks like he has been amazing so he should probably get DROY imo.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it possible that the Seahawks have the OROY & DRO Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Brown_Mamba wrote:

So you think the 9ers were really ready to go and not affected by last weeks game?

No, I don't at all. I think it's funny to suggest they were and I already outlined why. These are professional athletes that do this week in and week out. A cardio game against the Pats was probably pretty refreshing for their physical prowess.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it possible that the Seahawks have the OROY & DRO Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Brown_Mamba wrote:

No, I don't at all. I think it's funny to suggest they were and I already outlined why. These are professional athletes that do this week in and week out. A cardio game against the Pats was probably pretty refreshing for their physical prowess.
Oh c'mon now. I see why no one likes debating with you. Wink

This is the wrong thread I posted this in, and i'm not even gunna try to continue this with you. We outplayed the 9ers, but they weren't 100%. Even if Smith was playing. You could tell by the body language of those players.

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The body language of the players was just fine prior to getting whooped to a 21-0 run. I think their poor body language came more from the current beatdown and bruising of the ego.

Ask any Niner defender if they still felt tired from the Patriots game and there's no question in my mind they would scoff at you.

And for the 92 plays the defense had, what's your excuse for the way their offense performed?
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
The body language of the players was just fine prior to getting whooped to a 21-0 run. I think their poor body language came more from the current beatdown and bruising of the ego.

Ask any Niner defender if they still felt tired from the Patriots game and there's no question in my mind they would scoff at you.

And for the 92 plays the defense had, what's your excuse for the way their offense performed?
Alright man. You are correct, can't really argue with the offense fact. I'm just not on the hype train yet, as soon as I jump on, the team will go down. So i'm actually helping. Laughing

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Alright man. You are correct, can't really argue with the offense fact. I'm just not on the hype train yet, as soon as I jump on, the team will go down. So i'm actually helping. Laughing

Okay good, keep being a negative nancy than Laughing
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Okay good, keep being a negative nancy than Laughing
I'm down.

I work in retail and am extremely tired of all these people saying outrageous things about how good the team is now, I bet they couldn't name three people on the whole team. So i'm taking it out on you all, now i feel bad...

Not really. But it is quite annoying having no one talk about Seattle when they live IN Washington until the team is good. Drives me up the wall.

SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it possible that the Seahawks have the OROY & DRO Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
bobob123 wrote:
OROY Candidate:

DROY Candidate:

Does that mean he isn't deserving?

Not what I said or meant, I just don't think the panthers defense is horrible like you stated. They are a decent defense. Kuechly should be considered for the award
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: