Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is it possible that the Seahawks have the OROY & DROY?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Sandman55


Joined: 28 Sep 2012
Posts: 148
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seahawks have to own to get any credit whatsoever.

I may be misremembering, but I think the '05 team had a pretty fair showing in the probowl.

If the Hawks can make the 9'ers their unfortunate prison roommate that dropped the soap like this last game, but starting earlier in the year, I think they'll likely get the props they deserve.

The national media is stupid, but mostly they're just slow. If you get going right out of the box they'll figure it out while it still matters.

1 player on our defense, with it's best player excluded is a travesty though. Some people should lose their right to vote at a certain point. Some of these guys would've voted for a third and 4th term of Bush it seems.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bigjoe0075


Joined: 18 Nov 2009
Posts: 2145
Location: Eastern Washinton
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Re: Is it possible that the Seahawks have the OROY & DRO Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
bobob123 wrote:
OROY Candidate:

Russell Wilson = Passing Yards 2,868, 25 TD, 10 Int, Comp% 63.4, Rushing Yards 431, Avg 5.6, 3 TD

One of the hottest QBs in the league right now!


DROY Candidate:

Bobby Wagner = Tackles 130, 2 Sacks, 3 Int, 6 Tackles for loss

The play caller for one of the best defenses in the league, and also one of the better young LBs in the league..




So I think the Hawks have a good chance to have both OROY and DROY on this roster, and that's not even talking about Bruce Irvin's impact on this team...
Why is everyone posting these posts now after this win? Seattle beat an absolute beat up 9er team without arguably their best defensive player, in Seattle. If SF was at full strength and could actually play I can see this much trash talk and confidence but they've beaten Arizona, Buffalo, and a team coming off a trip across the country playing on defense for 92 plays. Just tone this down a bit, we were all saying how bad/overated our defense was a couple weeks ago. Now they're almighty and one of the best? C'mon man.

Wagner shouldn't be DPOY. He's got playmakers around him. Kuechly should get it. I hope Wagner does though.


Russell definately should though i think. extremely poised and confident and efficient.



Seattle 67 plays vs Buffalo 2500 miles away

San Francisco 92 plays vs NE 3100 miles away

The fact is both teams played across country and both had alot of defensive plays. But seattle showed out and kicked butt. quit it with the excuses. SF got dominated. with or without Justin Smith!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lards


Joined: 19 Sep 2009
Posts: 404
Location: Adelaide, Australia
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Russ, Bobby and Pete all deserve individual honours but all 3 will come up short. Bobby will be the most unlucky imo, deserves it more than Kuechly but i reckon Kuechly wins based off his number of tackles and the fact that rest of of his teammates suck.

Russ wont win, just doesnt get the hype of the other 2 and his poor first month may hurt him. Think RG3 deserves it ahead of him anyway. and lastly Pete will probably come 2nd to Arians which im cool with. Arians has done a heck off of a job taking that team to playoffs as an interim.

Surely John is a certainty to get executive of the year?
_________________


aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm being very objective...


twitter: @lards90
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SwiftTexan


Joined: 15 Feb 2011
Posts: 3500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it crazy to think rgiii and Wilson share the award as co-Roy? I can't decide between luck, rgiii and Wilson for the award, they both have claim to having the best season for different reasons
_________________
The Ultimate Fantasy Football Challenge
FootballsFuture Fantasy Scrubs League
Discussion Thread Link
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there are a few ways Wilson gets OROY:

- If the Skins don't make the playoffs, I think Russ wins.

- If Wilson breaks the TD record, his odds go way up.

- If we win the division.
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
NFL_Announcer


Joined: 01 Apr 2010
Posts: 665
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RG3 will win. He got into the pro bowl and Wilson didn't so that right there tells you who is going to get it. They're not going to put him in the pro bowl and then give it to Wilson.

As for DROY, the kid from Green Bay (Harris) will win it. Green Bay is a huge market so they'll do anything to appease the fans and I'm sure the whole fail mary thing will come up again from ESPN when it's Harris over Wagner. "This time, we got it right!" or some stupid thing like that. And of course, "Wagner first played against Harris in the fail mary game blah blah blah."

God I hate the media. So predictable these days.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Peter King at SI.com has a vote for the NFL awards given each year by the Associated Press, and he tabs Wilson as the Offensive Rookie of the Year and Wagner as the Defensive Rookie of the Year.

King on Wilson: “Wilson over Robert Griffin III and Andrew Luck. Morphing from a laughed-at 5-foot-11, 75th pick in the draft into a tornado-like force at quarterback by December (three games, 150 points, including 42 against the mighty Niners), and playing like Fran Tarkenton with a better arm, Wilson nipped Griffin in my opinion. But if you want either other man, I have zero problem or argument with you.”

King on Wagner: “Bobby Wagner, edging Green Bay cornerback Casey Hayward and Carolina linebacker Luke Kuechly. Wagner turned a suspect group of Seattle linebackers, the weak point of the Seahawks defense, into a competitive group by being great against the run (more tackles than Patrick Willis) and good dropping into coverage (three interceptions, excellent instincts).”

_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Tooki


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 10743
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter King only looked at Bobby Wagner's stats Cool

He is still my pick for DPOY, but he has been exposed against the pass (which all of the rookie LB's are guilty of).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THEFOOTBALLXPRT


Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 10457
Location: Bothell, WA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give OROY to Luck because of what he has produced with essentially a talentless roster and I'd give DROY to Kuechly over Wagner by a slight margin.

I don't even think I'd male RG3 the OROY on his own team. I think what Alfred Morris has done has been more impressive.

I'd probably have Wilson and Wagner as my runner up in each category.

Just my opinion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
THEFOOTBALLXPRT


Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 10457
Location: Bothell, WA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and I don't wanna hear any of the no Justin Smith excuses for SF. Justin Smith is a DE and we beat them by a crap ton. No way he even makes a palpable difference in that game. He isn't even their best defender...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna need a better reason for Luck than "look what he did with that crap team". His numbers are substantially worse than both Wilson and Griffin. He wouldn't even be 3rd for me if I had a ballot.
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21318
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
I'd give OROY to Luck because of what he has produced with essentially a talentless roster and I'd give DROY to Kuechly over Wagner by a slight margin.

I don't even think I'd male RG3 the OROY on his own team. I think what Alfred Morris has done has been more impressive.

I'd probably have Wilson and Wagner as my runner up in each category.

Just my opinion.
Luck probably also has the most talented set of receivers and an OL comparable to what Seattle has been.
_________________

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SwiftTexan


Joined: 15 Feb 2011
Posts: 3500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
I'd give OROY to Luck because of what he has produced with essentially a talentless roster and I'd give DROY to Kuechly over Wagner by a slight margin.

I don't even think I'd male RG3 the OROY on his own team. I think what Alfred Morris has done has been more impressive.

I'd probably have Wilson and Wagner as my runner up in each category.

Just my opinion.
Luck probably also has the most talented set of receivers and an OL comparable to what Seattle has been.


I think you're confusing "set of receivers" with "receiver".

Of the three rookie QBs - Luck has undoubtably the best WR1 in Reggie Wayne. But TY Hilton (3rd Round Rookie), Donnie Avery (journeyman) and LaVonn Brazill (6th Round Rookie) are not "the most talented set of receivers". I'm sure most teams would take Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin and Jermaine Kearse over them or they would take Hankerson, Morgan and Moss. You could argue that the combo of Tate/Baldwin/Kearse is similar in talent to Hilton/Avery/Brazill but there's no way you can argue that the Redskins don't have the best set of receivers.

To your next point - The Colts O-Line is HORRIBLE! The worst I have ever seen.

Anthony Castonzo (LT): The only legitimate player on the line, a former first round pick with 12 starts prior to this season. Still young but he's a decent LT.
Joe Reitz (LG): Signed as a FA with only 9 starts prior, he's a career journeyman and a former UDFA. I'd challenge you to find anyone who could answer this questions correctly "Joe Reitz: Colts O-Lineman or Member of Congress?"
Samson Satele (C): Signed as a FA this year because Oakland didnt' think he was worth the money he was asking for. He's a legit run-blocker but he's not a great pass-blocker.
Mike McGlynn (RG): A career back-up who was just signed this off-season as well after spending a year warming the bench with the Bengals.
Winston Justice (RT): A laughing stock of a player who is most well known for allowing 86 sacks in a game when he was with the Eagles. Another first-year signee.

66% of their line is brand new, only Castonzo and Reitz were leftover from 2011. Two of their FA signees were back-ups who nobody wanted and Samson Satele was their "marquee FA Addition" to shore up the line.

And you want to compare that to a line in Seattle with Okung (First Rounder) and Unger (One of the best C's in the league) and Wilson has had either Moffitt (high pick) or Carpenter (1st rounder) at his disposal. Seattle literally has a better player at every position on OL except RG where we've been forced to start a rookie DE because of injuries.
Okung > Castonzo
McQuistan > Reitz
Unger > Satele
Sweezy < McGlynn
Breno > Justice

So what was the point you were trying to make again?

Luck doesn't have the pure stats but he's done an incredible job with the Colts given the fact that the team was thrown together with bits and pieces from the scrap heap. Luck didn't have an elite running game. He didn't a great defense. You can make an argument for all three but don't pretend like Luck had a great supporting cast on offense.
_________________
The Ultimate Fantasy Football Challenge
FootballsFuture Fantasy Scrubs League
Discussion Thread Link
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chpjns15


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 1699
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I am being non biased, I think RG3 should win OROY. He has clearly put up the better stats and does deserve the award. However, I am really pulling for Wilson, and I think he has more of a chance of winning it now that he is the only remaining rookie QB in the playoffs. Andrew Luck isnt in the running anymore IMO. Personally, I would give 2nd place in the MVP ballot behind AP. He is more valuable to that team then he is actually good.

If I am being non biased again, I would actually give Bobby Wagner DPOY. There are no stand out candidates, but I think he deserves it the most. Since week 1, he has been the most consistent. Week after week he has lead our team in tackles. While most people think that playing around great players will work against him winning the award, I disagree, I think it will help him. Especially because he is the play caller on this studly D.

I also think Pete deserves Coach of the year, But there is no doubt in my mind that will go to Bruce Arians. And I also think Jon Schneider gets Executive of the year, hands down. Who else would get it?
_________________
"Trying is the first step towards failure"


"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."


"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THEFOOTBALLXPRT


Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 10457
Location: Bothell, WA
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you take QB out of the equation, the Colts have 1 offensive player that would start on the Seahawks or the Redskins... And they have the worst defense... And they won 11 games on the strength of 7 game winning drives by Luck and that shoddy offense.. And he broke the rookie passing yardage mark because nobody fears the dreaded Vick Ballard. Everyone knew he had to throw. Considering, he played extremely well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group