Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Todd Haley not interested in Cards & Wallace staying?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kysteeler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Todd Haley not interested in Cards & Wallace staying? Reply with quote

http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-steelers/f/fc499873-619c-411d-a542-3c49682f6d38/

Haley
Quote:
“Really it isn’t anything I am thinking about,” Haley said about being a candidate for other head coaching jobs. “I’ve said a bunch of times and even when I came in and sat down with Mike (Tomlin) earlier on, this is where I want to be.”

Wallace
Quote:
“I think we’re going to be a lot better next year, as a crew and individually. I know me, personally, I’m going straight to work and give it my hardest grind and just try to get back and focus on the things that you weren’t able to accomplish. Plays that we made, we expect to make those. So we just got to go back and look at the ones we didn’t make.”
Mason Storm

Location: Hmm fire Tomlin of course y didnt i think of that oh yea because thats stupid.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Wallace said doesn't mean a thing he's just trying not to burn bridges.

^ TommyC376 sig n avy^
"You know your a parent when you pay $120 for your kid to watch something live thats on tv for free"
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say that, Mason Storm. Heath Miller's injury might play a big factor in this.

Personally, Haley hasn't adapted to this team's strength at all and only can get better next year.

Longer-term wise, it is cheaper to sign mike wallace than burn a draft pick high on a receiver.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Todd Haley not interested in Cards & Wallace staying Reply with quote

Haley
Quote:
“Really it isn’t anything I am thinking about,” Haley said about being a candidate for other head coaching jobs. “I’ve said a bunch of times and even when I came in and sat down with Mike (Tomlin) earlier on, this is where I want to be.”

...right now. Coaches way of dancing around questions so this says NOTHING to his interest or non-interest with being the head coach in Arizona or anything else.

Wallace
Quote:
“I think we’re going to be a lot better next year, as a crew and individually. I know me, personally, I’m going straight to work and give it my hardest grind and just try to get back and focus on the things that you weren’t able to accomplish. Plays that we made, we expect to make those. So we just got to go back and look at the ones we didn’t make.”

and this is no more proof he plans, or wants to be a Steeler next year. Just talk

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Longer-term wise, it is cheaper to sign mike wallace than burn a draft pick high on a receiver.

How is it cheaper?

It might be smarter to go with a proven WR than spend a top 3 pick on WR but it is not cheaper, long or short term.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Gatoradus wrote:

How is it cheaper?

It might be smarter to go with a proven WR than spend a top 3 pick on WR but it is not cheaper, long or short term.

+1

...you have a forum resume?
Mason Storm

Location: Hmm fire Tomlin of course y didnt i think of that oh yea because thats stupid.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+2 in all honesty he can take his dropsy hands elsewhere.

^ TommyC376 sig n avy^
"You know your a parent when you pay $120 for your kid to watch something live thats on tv for free"
SteelProven

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Gatoradus wrote:

How is it cheaper?

For this team getting another WR seems like a given with how good they've been recently.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still say if Wallace is motivated enough, he can be a REALLY good WR. He had a bad year, okay. It doesn't mean he's worthless. He obviously knows Pittsburgh isn't going to give him big money after his performance this season, yet he's still talking like he's part of the team.
kysteeler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Curtain wrote:
I still say if Wallace is motivated enough, he can be a REALLY good WR. He had a bad year, okay. It doesn't mean he's worthless. He obviously knows Pittsburgh isn't going to give him big money after his performance this season, yet he's still talking like he's part of the team.

I would agree this is my outlook on situation. I found this article below on how just restructuring could save about 20 m in cap, and releasing Harrison could save about 8. So there is a chance that he could come back on a decent contract.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/12/how-the-steelers-can-clear-20-million-in-2013-cap-space-via-four-restructures/
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the thing. Mike Wallace's not only one who had a bad year; Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown as well.

Haley's typical offense was what concerned me at beginning of season, we didn't utilitize Heath Miller much then we started to which is good but the reason Patriots had more success with dink and dunk; they utilitize their Tight Ends on physicality part and it helps. We only have one in Heath Miller and now he's gone.

Maybe I didn't say it right, "cheaper" weren't the right choice of word i used but what I meant was "which's easier and more impactful". Burning a pick on WR in first 2 rounds to utilitize Haley's offense and I mean this, if we re-sign Mike Wallace, it is likely Haley will adapt to our offense (or as I hope) and if they doesn't, expect a high pick on WR because physical WRs are very hard to find. We had one in Limas Sweed, that didn't worked out but it didn't mean we should not go for other one in first 2 rounds. I personally prefer that we don't but.. What choices do we have?

When talking about cap room, you have to pick your poison; focus on one side of football, reduce the chance of improvement for others. I have to go with improving the offense.
LTF

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know why the Cardinals would be interesting in a stubborn psychopath for HC....a guy who will likely be fired from his current job in a year anyways. Any OC who walks into a situation where they don't design their offense around the strengths of their best players don't deserve to hold their jobs for long.
SMashMouthMike

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of knee jerk emotional reactions and selective memories being displayed in this thread.

Thanks Lyasr 529
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LTF wrote:
Don't know why the Cardinals would be interesting in a stubborn psychopath for HC....a guy who will likely be fired from his current job in a year anyways. Any OC who walks into a situation where they don't design their offense around the strengths of their best players don't deserve to hold their jobs for long.

Ridiculous comment is ridiculous.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
LTF

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's one thing you can't deny about Todd Haley, regardless of where you stand on him:

1. The offense he runs in Pittsburgh doesn't play to the strengths of his two best players on offense.

There's no arguing that point. And that's something that was just as upsetting to me in August as it is now.

And if the offense performs next year as it did this year he most certainly will be fired....or should be at the very least. He was brought here to help protect Ben, improve scoring, improve execution, and both commit more to the running game and improve the running game as well. As far as this year goes? He failed in all of those areas. Every single one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: