Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Christmas Eve Mocking (and off season)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mason Storm wrote:
Lewis is restricted not going any where and neither is Ike the Dallas & San Diego game showed they need him for one more year they have no depth beyond Allen.
Lewis was restricted last year. This year he is unrestricted: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/keenan-lewis/

http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/

I know how good Ike is, but when having to decide between a player who's just reaching his prime like Lewis and one exiting his Prime like Taylor, coupled with Taylor's cost and coming off his ankle injury, the choice between who to keep should be obvious.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mason Storm

Location: Hmm fire Tomlin of course y didnt i think of that oh yea because thats stupid.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you are right, in that case ike will indeed be gone.

2013 Cap Casualties

James Harrison
Ike Taylor
Byron Leftwich may be a FA either way he is gone.
°Still cant grasp breaking a rib falling down isnt that for old people°
Charlie Batch see leftwich
David Johnson

^ TommyC376 sig n avy^
"You know your a parent when you pay $120 for your kid to watch something live thats on tv for free"
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We needn't cut Taylor. Why are people not grasping this. Colon and Deebo are the only major cuts needed and a few restructures.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We aren't in right situation to let Deebo go. I'd rather wait and see next season if Worilds show enough or other prospects from upcoming draft then I'll be okay just like how I am with Williw Colon last season, now its time to cut the steak, lose the fats.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
We needn't cut Taylor. Why are people not grasping this. Colon and Deebo are the only major cuts needed and a few restructures.
I see it either way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
We aren't in right situation to let Deebo go. I'd rather wait and see next season if Worilds show enough or other prospects from upcoming draft then I'll be okay just like how I am with Williw Colon last season, now its time to cut the steak, lose the fats.
that's how I see it also. I'm far more comfortable with Lewis and Allen if we cut Taylor than I am with Worilds and Carter if we cut Harrison.

That's why I lean towards cutting Ike instead of Harrison.
Dook

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no choice between keeping Ike Taylor and Keenan Lewis. We can get under the cap by giving out bonus' just like we did last off season and we should be able to clear enough room to sign our draft picks.

To sign our own free agent players, not including Wallace and Mendenhall, we will need to cut some veterans, Harrison and Keisel are likely to go.

If the team agrees to a contract with Wallace or Mendenhall then Taylor might be released.

Cutting Colon before June 1st only saves about $1.2m so it doesn't help that much. Cutting Colon after June 1st saves $5.5m that we can use to sign a free agent, maybe Mendenhall if he is still available?
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dook wrote:
There is no choice between keeping Ike Taylor and Keenan Lewis. We can get under the cap by giving out bonus' just like we did last off season and we should be able to clear enough room to sign our draft picks.

To sign our own free agent players, not including Wallace and Mendenhall, we will need to cut some veterans, Harrison and Keisel are likely to go.

If the team agrees to a contract with Wallace or Mendenhall then Taylor might be released.

Cutting Colon before June 1st only saves about $1.2m so it doesn't help that much. Cutting Colon after June 1st saves $5.5m that we can use to sign a free agent, maybe Mendenhall if he is still available?
why Keisel? His contract looks cap friendly to me.
Dook

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Dook wrote:

Why Keisel?

Heyward is why.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dook wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dook wrote:

Why Keisel?

Heyward is why.
I'd rather have both. I think we should learn from this year not to get rid of depth when it's affordable. Look at all the injuries we had, and you want to cut the teams best DL who's salary is affordable?

Ummm.... Yeah... No thanks! Wink

Last edited by turtle28 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
SteelProven

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be one of the most interesting off season to date. But I think last season the Steelers were prepared for this, so they have a premeditated plan in place already. I hope!!

Location: Hmm fire Tomlin of course y didnt i think of that oh yea because thats stupid.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Omar Khan & Colbert work out the financial plan and make adjustments with input from Tomlin. I like Ike one of my favorite Steelers but money talks.

^ TommyC376 sig n avy^
"You know your a parent when you pay $120 for your kid to watch something live thats on tv for free"
Dook

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Dook wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dook wrote:

Why Keisel?

Heyward is why.
I'd rather have both. I think we should learn from this year not to get rid of depth when it's affordable. Look at all the injuries we had, and you want to cut the teams best DL who's salary is affordable?

Ummm.... Yeah... No thanks! Wink

I'd rather have both too and keep James Harrison but cuts have to be made.

How exactly is Keisel's salary affordable? We're over the cap, no players salary is affordable.

If we do what you want and cut Ike Taylor and then next season Keenan Lewis goes on IR with an injury, then what? We go 7-9 again and have to listen to another year of the Raven's fans bragging about how they are the future and we are the past.
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dook wrote:
How exactly is Keisel's salary affordable? We're over the cap, no players salary is affordable.

How stupid

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
Mason Storm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why you have depth what happens when Ike is getting toasted every week. You have to get younger every where. And Baltimore is in the same boat we are, they couldn't beat the professional cripple Charlie Batch.

^ TommyC376 sig n avy^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: