Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Christmas Eve Mocking (and off season)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mason Storm wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:
LOL! Hood is not going anywhere

Don't kill my dream Laughing

I think he needs to go to RDE and be allowed to make some plays (or attempt to) while Heyward should go to LDE and play the AA role but with more athleticism and a bit more pass rush perhaps.

I think Heyward has definitely shown something (in reference to what others have said). I do notice him quite a bit for someone with such limited playing time. I think he could be great if given a proper opportunity. I don't see Keisel going anywhere tbh but hope Heyward takes Hood's spot next year then Hood would step into Keisel's a little bit freer role down the road... or he won't. If not, move on.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
kysteeler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Put me in the I don't see many changes category. This teams needs to get healthy (guys like Troy, Ike, Heath and the OL) then have a good draft again. Adding a few players to what they already have and moving on from a few dead weight guys like Mendy, Wallace, and Colon will mean more wins IMO. Just have to stay healthy, it's the key to all teams winning seasons to be honest.

Draft the BPA in every round. They could use upgrades at depth just about everywhere on their team.

I agree with you somewhat, but I think a little more has to happen cap wise than losing Mendy, Wallace and Colon. Colon is the only one under contract and were estimated at 21 million over the cap.

I agree that guys getting healthier and a little growth with younger players, while adding good pieces in the draft will help us out. Being healthy has killed us the past two seasons.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1260088-could-the-2012-season-be-james-harrisons-last-with-the-pittsburgh-steelers

Could this have been Harrison's last season in Pittsburgh?

Here is a breakdown that answers the question and gives options for him and the team moving forward.

Quote:
Bryan breaks it down in his article: Harrison's projected cap allowance for next season is around $13.035 million, with a base salary of $6.570 million, a signing bonus of $3.465 million and a $3 million incentive, which is likely a roster bonus.

Harrison may be willing to restructure, considering his career is coming to a close, even if this isn't his final season. According to Bryan, if that $3 million incentive is indeed a roster bonus, the Steelers would save $8.105 million by releasing Harrison. Voluntarily lowering this number may indeed save Harrison's job.
i think Harrison will restructure to stay because its not like I thought. I thought it was going to cost $ to release him, but apparently the team will save 8.105 million by releasing him and that clearly favors the team, so if Harrison wants to get a good pay day and remain a Steeler next season he'd be the one who'd want to restructure to stay.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kysteeler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1260088-could-the-2012-season-be-james-harrisons-last-with-the-pittsburgh-steelers

Here is a breakdown that answers the question and gives options for him and the team moving forward.

Quote:
Bryan breaks it down in his article: Harrison's projected cap allowance for next season is around $13.035 million, with a base salary of $6.570 million, a signing bonus of $3.465 million and a $3 million incentive, which is likely a roster bonus.

Harrison may be willing to restructure, considering his career is coming to a close, even if this isn't his final season. According to Bryan, if that $3 million incentive is indeed a roster bonus, the Steelers would save $8.105 million by releasing Harrison. Voluntarily lowering this number may indeed save Harrison's job.
i think Harrison will restructure to stay because its not like I thought. I thought it was going to cost $ to release him, but apparently the team will save 8.105 million by releasing him and that clearly favors the team, so if Harrison wants to get a good pay day and remain a Steeler next season he'd be the one who'd want to restructure to stay.

Your right, Harrison has two options take a huge pay cut or play for another team and make a couple extra million. I would just put my money on Harrison not being here next year and the Steelers saving the whole 5.1 or 8.1 million in cap. Worilds has improved every year, and I believe it's time to see what he has.

There is only so much fat on the bone to cut here Taylor and Harrison are the options. Pay cuts are only going to get us so far.
Dook

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kysteeler wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

Your right, Harrison has two options take a huge pay cut or play for another team and make a couple extra million. I would just put my money on Harrison not being here next year and the Steelers saving the whole 5.1 or 8.1 million in cap. Worilds has improved every year, and I believe it's time to see what he has.

There is only so much fat on the bone to cut here Taylor and Harrison are the options. Pay cuts are only going to get us so far.

Harrison and Keisel are the options.
kysteeler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/12/steelers-2013-salary-cap-numbers/

It looks like in this plan that we could get along with:

Restructures of Ben, Woodley, and Timmons

Cutting Harrison and Colon
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keisel and Taylor are staying.

"The King Stay the King"
Mason Storm

Location: Hmm fire Tomlin of course y didnt i think of that oh yea because thats stupid.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect Ike back for one more season just for protection, and I expect Harrison to be gone they aren't getting the production for theIr buck. While the same could be said of Woodley he is younger and has time to turn it around.

^ TommyC376 sig n avy^
"You know your a parent when you pay $120 for your kid to watch something live thats on tv for free"
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
i agree on Keisel. keisel's contract isn't even that bad, he had a great year. No reason to cut him.

Taylor is debatable because if you ask me if its between re-signing Lewis for the teams future and cutting Taylor- the answer is obvious.

You cut Taylor to re-sign Lewis.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:
i agree on Keisel. keisel's contract isn't even that bad, he had a great year. No reason to cut him.

Taylor is debatable because if you ask me if its between re-signing Lewis for the teams future and cutting Taylor- the answer is obvious.

It's not necessary. We can make the cap with a few restructures and cutting Colon and Deebo while not resigning a veteran or two.

"The King Stay the King"

Last edited by MightyJoeYoung on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kysteeler wrote:
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/12/steelers-2013-salary-cap-numbers/

It looks like in this plan that we could get along with:

Restructures of Ben, Woodley, and Timmons

Cutting Harrison and Colon
I'd restructure them all (Including Harrison) and cut Taylor and Colon. Then re-sign Keenan Lewis. I'd rather have Lewis around for this teams future than have Ike who's 33 in May.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:

It's not necessary. We can make the cap with a few restructures and cutting Colon and Deebo while not resigning a veteran or two.
can we re-sign Lewis and Foster? I want those two guys around for the future rather than a 33 year old cb(in may) coming off a broken ankle.
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:

can we re-sign Lewis and Foster? I want those two guys around for the future rather than a 33 year old cb(in may) coming off a broken ankle.

I believe so

"The King Stay the King"
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:

I believe so
i hope so. Keeping them would trump keeping any of the 30 year olds IMO except for Ben.
Mason Storm

Location: Hmm fire Tomlin of course y didnt i think of that oh yea because thats stupid.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis is restricted not going any where and neither is Ike the Dallas & San Diego game showed they need him for one more year they have no depth beyond Allen.

^ TommyC376 sig n avy^
"You know your a parent when you pay $120 for your kid to watch something live thats on tv for free"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: