Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mooche

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: 2013 Draft Prospects. Reply with quote

I know there has been ongoing chatter in many threads on here. I just thought we could start this up and keep it organized moving forward.

Who are some prospects you would like to see wearing a horseshoe for next season?
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not too up on college guys, going to start getting into prospects soon.

One Colts fan whom I see in the Mock Draft forum alot has been pushing for people to use the Colts first rounder on S Elam Flor. or DE/OLB Ansah BYU

I would also love for us to take that C/G from Alabama can't remember his name but he was an All-American guard last year then moved inside to center this year and was an All-American this year.
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
Mooche

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
I'm not too up on college guys, going to start getting into prospects soon.

One Colts fan whom I see in the Mock Draft forum alot has been pushing for people to use the Colts first rounder on S Elam Flor. or DE/OLB Ansah BYU

I would also love for us to take that C/G from Alabama can't remember his name but he was an All-American guard last year then moved inside to center this year and was an All-American this year.

Matt Elam from Florida definitely would be a solid selection. The Colts have been lacking strong SS this year, and it would be nice to add a nice piece alongside Bethea who will make an impact in the run game.

Barrett Jones is your guy. I'm a big fan. He's a tremendous player who has shown he can slide all over the line and be successful. I think he would be great on the interior of line which is a big need.
ColtsFan40

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ideal draft would look like this:

1-Barrett Jones OG Alabama = Jones would give us a strong versatile lineman. Has experience at RT, OG and C

3-Chase Thomas OLB Stanford = Thomas would fill the void left by Freeney

4-Shawn Williams SS Georgia = Williams is a solid downhill style safety. He is also a very vocal team leader. He was responsible for the turn around in Georgia's defense

6-Kapron Lewis Moore DE Notre Dame = Moore is a 300 plus lineman that has several years experience playing in the 3-4. Hard worker and a team leader. Very good against the run and has some ability to get to the QB.

7-Theo Riddick RB Notre Dame = Homer pick. Versatile player with experience at RB, WR, and returner. Riddick would be a good back to pair with Ballard.

I went defense heavy in my mock but would not be shocked to see an extra o-lineman taken. For me Jones and Moore are my must haves. I think Moore is going to be a major steal for someone I just hope that's us. Jones would greatly improve our o-line.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind that mock draft one bit.

Barrett Jones, like I mentioned to stallyns, is an excellent player. We've been playing musical chairs in a sense with sliding our offensive line around to compensate for injuries, and our glaring need for big time interior linemen was exposed. Jones brings so much versatility. I personally don't trust Satele moving forward at the C spot, but I don't mind Shipley being the guy there. He needs some more experience yet, as he is only 26 with limited action, but he has shown he can be pretty stout inside. We can definitely find a home for Jones inside though regardless. He'd make a HUGE impact and would help keep the franchise protected, which is what we need to do moving forward.

Your mock was great for addressing the needs of the team. I really like the value in Shawn Williams and Theo Riddick in the middle-late rounds.
tom cody

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, after going mostly offensive in the 2012 draft I'd like for us to concentrate more on the defensive side of the ball for the 2013 draft. If we draft as well defensively as we did offensively then we could be even better next year.
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see a CB being in the top 3 rounds.....Outside of Davis, none of our guys are solid though I would prioritize the other positions like the line, S, or OLB first. If there's a good pick for CB, though, I'd be ecstatic at taking him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coltsmanic808 wrote:
I'd like to see a CB being in the top 3 rounds.....Outside of Davis, none of our guys are solid though I would prioritize the other positions like the line, S, or OLB first. If there's a good pick for CB, though, I'd be ecstatic at taking him.

Well, having two selections in the first three rounds makes our picks even that much more vital obviously.

I think the first brainer has to be OL, even though I would be completely pumped if we scooped up Elam from Florida (just love his game, and SS is a big need with Zbi/Lefeged).

Our third rounder is key. I could easily see us making a play for a pass rusher, or a corner, depending on what happens with Dwight. Pass rushers are crucial in this day and age in the NFL, so if a prospect we can't pass on drops, I could see the Colts moving that way.
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mooche wrote:
coltsmanic808 wrote:

Well, having two selections in the first three rounds makes our picks even that much more vital obviously.

I think the first brainer has to be OL, even though I would be completely pumped if we scooped up Elam from Florida (just love his game, and SS is a big need with Zbi/Lefeged).

Our third rounder is key. I could easily see us making a play for a pass rusher, or a corner, depending on what happens with Dwight. Pass rushers are crucial in this day and age in the NFL, so if a prospect we can't pass on drops, I could see the Colts moving that way.

I don't think we'll keep Dwight. Pricey and not really a fit but then again I haven't been able to see a full Colts game all season. I agree with S being a top need considering who we have *gag* and OL.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft Terrance Williams to eventually be the next Wayne.

Build up your offensive line through free agency and mid round picks, dont reach by any means for players who wont handle the ball in there hands or stop opposing players with the ball in there hand.

Keep weaponing up Luck.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:

Build up your offensive line through free agency and mid round picks, dont reach by any means for players who wont handle the ball in there hands or stop opposing players with the ball in there hand.

Keep weaponing up Luck.

Terrance Williams is nowhere close to Wayne.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coltsmanic808 wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

Keep weaponing up Luck.

Well i dont mean as in like Wayne, but just a dominant #1.

doesnt have to be Williams,but i hope you guys keep feeding the GOAT the Luck with weapons.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Mooche

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
coltsmanic808 wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

Keep weaponing up Luck.

Well i dont mean as in like Wayne, but just a dominant #1.

doesnt have to be Williams,but i hope you guys keep feeding the GOAT the Luck with weapons.

Keeping him upright is the main concern to address this off-season.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Colts are officially selecting 24th now, however that affects anyone view of who will be available
bbllstr22

Location: Hell. The only place where the devil's advocate can reside.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly there's a need for offensive linemen and defensive backs, I'd be happy for a backer and an end later in the draft. Barrett Jones is going to get a ton of hype after today so I don't know about his availability.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: