Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Beanie Wells: "My Days Are Numbered"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50725
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Theo Riddick from Notre Dame.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Yibbyl


Joined: 21 Apr 2011
Posts: 2313
Location: Redding, CA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely didn't want to have to spend a 5th round or earlier on a RB this year...so many other bigger needs IMHO. I mentioned it in another thread here somewhere, but again Rashard Mendenhall is a UFA after this season. I'd be in favor of offering him a contract that would reward performance. He'll be in his 5th year and has never really been known as a fumbler. He also doesn't have a huge amount of mileage on him as he only started 1 year for the Illini and has seen 3 years of heavy workload in Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, he had a bad knee injury in season finale in 2011 and has been injured much of this year. Steelers likely won't try to resign him because he has admittedly been a PITA in their locker room this year and they have the depth. New environment might just be what he needs.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
apollo14000


Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 4221
Location: PA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
I absolutely didn't want to have to spend a 5th round or earlier on a RB this year...so many other bigger needs IMHO. I mentioned it in another thread here somewhere, but again Rashard Mendenhall is a UFA after this season. I'd be in favor of offering him a contract that would reward performance. He'll be in his 5th year and has never really been known as a fumbler. He also doesn't have a huge amount of mileage on him as he only started 1 year for the Illini and has seen 3 years of heavy workload in Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, he had a bad knee injury in season finale in 2011 and has been injured much of this year. Steelers likely won't try to resign him because he has admittedly been a PITA in their locker room this year and they have the depth. New environment might just be what he needs.


Wells and Mendenhall are basically the same RB with injury histories. It's not that hard to find a good RB late. We just have to revamp our OL and a find a competent QB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yibbyl


Joined: 21 Apr 2011
Posts: 2313
Location: Redding, CA
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
I absolutely didn't want to have to spend a 5th round or earlier on a RB this year...so many other bigger needs IMHO. I mentioned it in another thread here somewhere, but again Rashard Mendenhall is a UFA after this season. I'd be in favor of offering him a contract that would reward performance. He'll be in his 5th year and has never really been known as a fumbler. He also doesn't have a huge amount of mileage on him as he only started 1 year for the Illini and has seen 3 years of heavy workload in Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, he had a bad knee injury in season finale in 2011 and has been injured much of this year. Steelers likely won't try to resign him because he has admittedly been a PITA in their locker room this year and they have the depth. New environment might just be what he needs.


Wells and Mendenhall are basically the same RB with injury histories. It's not that hard to find a good RB late. We just have to revamp our OL and a find a competent QB.

Not sure if we are on the same page with the bolded. Are you saying that's really all we need from from this year's draft (plus I assume the RB)? I'm thinking we need to add to your list the following: a hybrid SS/FS, 2 LB's (1 inside, 1 outside), and DL depth. Also a possibility of a CB for depth. Assuming just 7 draft picks and a need to fill 8-9 spots, we gotta find some players in FA!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
love2theOLINE


Joined: 14 May 2008
Posts: 3503
Location: racist desert wasteland
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Beanie, just not all the injuries and him going down after the first touch, sometimes before it.

Anyway might not need to rely on Williams plus the two we have, if I recall correctly Hightower came in for a visit this year. Might be coming back in the works
_________________
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.


thanks to sandwhich on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
apollo14000


Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 4221
Location: PA
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
I absolutely didn't want to have to spend a 5th round or earlier on a RB this year...so many other bigger needs IMHO. I mentioned it in another thread here somewhere, but again Rashard Mendenhall is a UFA after this season. I'd be in favor of offering him a contract that would reward performance. He'll be in his 5th year and has never really been known as a fumbler. He also doesn't have a huge amount of mileage on him as he only started 1 year for the Illini and has seen 3 years of heavy workload in Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, he had a bad knee injury in season finale in 2011 and has been injured much of this year. Steelers likely won't try to resign him because he has admittedly been a PITA in their locker room this year and they have the depth. New environment might just be what he needs.


Wells and Mendenhall are basically the same RB with injury histories. It's not that hard to find a good RB late. We just have to revamp our OL and a find a competent QB.

Not sure if we are on the same page with the bolded. Are you saying that's really all we need from from this year's draft (plus I assume the RB)? I'm thinking we need to add to your list the following: a hybrid SS/FS, 2 LB's (1 inside, 1 outside), and DL depth. Also a possibility of a CB for depth. Assuming just 7 draft picks and a need to fill 8-9 spots, we gotta find some players in FA!


I was just talking about fixing the running game/offense in general. Although if we do find a competent QB and revamp the OL I think we're a playoff caliber team. We have a top 10 D even with those holes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yibbyl


Joined: 21 Apr 2011
Posts: 2313
Location: Redding, CA
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
I absolutely didn't want to have to spend a 5th round or earlier on a RB this year...so many other bigger needs IMHO. I mentioned it in another thread here somewhere, but again Rashard Mendenhall is a UFA after this season. I'd be in favor of offering him a contract that would reward performance. He'll be in his 5th year and has never really been known as a fumbler. He also doesn't have a huge amount of mileage on him as he only started 1 year for the Illini and has seen 3 years of heavy workload in Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, he had a bad knee injury in season finale in 2011 and has been injured much of this year. Steelers likely won't try to resign him because he has admittedly been a PITA in their locker room this year and they have the depth. New environment might just be what he needs.


Wells and Mendenhall are basically the same RB with injury histories. It's not that hard to find a good RB late. We just have to revamp our OL and a find a competent QB.

Not sure if we are on the same page with the bolded. Are you saying that's really all we need from from this year's draft (plus I assume the RB)? I'm thinking we need to add to your list the following: a hybrid SS/FS, 2 LB's (1 inside, 1 outside), and DL depth. Also a possibility of a CB for depth. Assuming just 7 draft picks and a need to fill 8-9 spots, we gotta find some players in FA!


I was just talking about fixing the running game/offense in general. Although if we do find a competent QB and revamp the OL I think we're a playoff caliber team. We have a top 10 D even with those holes.

Oh, I understand what you're saying now. I'm gonna blame the Hot Toddies! Laughing Happy Holiday's to you (and everyone else)!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Plucky


Joined: 12 Jan 2011
Posts: 809
Location: florida
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me johnathan franklin in the 4th. Ill take top OG or OT (if we get lucky in the first. Tyler Bray in the second. Best Defensive player in the third ILB/OLB/CB/S followed by franklin in the 4th.

side note Brett Hundley will be something special in 2-3 years. Watching tape of franklin and this kid is just impressing the hell out of me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
younggun1273


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 7209
Location: Tempe
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Bush has had a good season, I think he stays


He is getting older and they have Lamar and Daniel Thomas looking good and waiting for more snaps. They have people ready for a bigger role. For a couple million he could be a good option, plus is a good a receiver.
_________________

Justo on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5055
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas was in the dog house and the owner likes Bush.

Cannot see him getting moved on this year, next year maybe.

I am a massive Lamar fan, check last years draft threads, still as a 3rd down and change of pace back, Bush still has it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iRobot


Joined: 17 Nov 2011
Posts: 789
Location: Mesa, AZ
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are getting free agent RB's, I would like to see Ivory (depending on RFA tender) or Bush.

Otherwise, we could draft an RB in the 3rd-5th.. as most of the RB prospects this draft are rated round 2 and later.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5055
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivory would be a cheap alternative.

I would go with that selection.

Beanie, RW and Ivory

Top 2 stay for the year, other gets cut.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
#1CARDSFAN


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 23284
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Williams is done here I think. Time to move on from him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50725
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
Ryan Williams is done here I think. Time to move on from him.


I highly, highly doubt that.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
#1CARDSFAN


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 23284
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
Ryan Williams is done here I think. Time to move on from him.


I highly, highly doubt that.

If Kenny stays he loves the kid and will keep him no matter what. Anyone else and he is done here I think. He didn't really produce when he was healthy which seems like never.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group