Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Beanie Wells: "My Days Are Numbered"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Theo Riddick from Notre Dame.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely didn't want to have to spend a 5th round or earlier on a RB this year...so many other bigger needs IMHO. I mentioned it in another thread here somewhere, but again Rashard Mendenhall is a UFA after this season. I'd be in favor of offering him a contract that would reward performance. He'll be in his 5th year and has never really been known as a fumbler. He also doesn't have a huge amount of mileage on him as he only started 1 year for the Illini and has seen 3 years of heavy workload in Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, he had a bad knee injury in season finale in 2011 and has been injured much of this year. Steelers likely won't try to resign him because he has admittedly been a PITA in their locker room this year and they have the depth. New environment might just be what he needs.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
I absolutely didn't want to have to spend a 5th round or earlier on a RB this year...so many other bigger needs IMHO. I mentioned it in another thread here somewhere, but again Rashard Mendenhall is a UFA after this season. I'd be in favor of offering him a contract that would reward performance. He'll be in his 5th year and has never really been known as a fumbler. He also doesn't have a huge amount of mileage on him as he only started 1 year for the Illini and has seen 3 years of heavy workload in Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, he had a bad knee injury in season finale in 2011 and has been injured much of this year. Steelers likely won't try to resign him because he has admittedly been a PITA in their locker room this year and they have the depth. New environment might just be what he needs.

Wells and Mendenhall are basically the same RB with injury histories. It's not that hard to find a good RB late. We just have to revamp our OL and a find a competent QB.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

Wells and Mendenhall are basically the same RB with injury histories. It's not that hard to find a good RB late. We just have to revamp our OL and a find a competent QB.

Not sure if we are on the same page with the bolded. Are you saying that's really all we need from from this year's draft (plus I assume the RB)? I'm thinking we need to add to your list the following: a hybrid SS/FS, 2 LB's (1 inside, 1 outside), and DL depth. Also a possibility of a CB for depth. Assuming just 7 draft picks and a need to fill 8-9 spots, we gotta find some players in FA!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Beanie, just not all the injuries and him going down after the first touch, sometimes before it.

Anyway might not need to rely on Williams plus the two we have, if I recall correctly Hightower came in for a visit this year. Might be coming back in the works

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
apollo14000

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

Not sure if we are on the same page with the bolded. Are you saying that's really all we need from from this year's draft (plus I assume the RB)? I'm thinking we need to add to your list the following: a hybrid SS/FS, 2 LB's (1 inside, 1 outside), and DL depth. Also a possibility of a CB for depth. Assuming just 7 draft picks and a need to fill 8-9 spots, we gotta find some players in FA!

I was just talking about fixing the running game/offense in general. Although if we do find a competent QB and revamp the OL I think we're a playoff caliber team. We have a top 10 D even with those holes.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

I was just talking about fixing the running game/offense in general. Although if we do find a competent QB and revamp the OL I think we're a playoff caliber team. We have a top 10 D even with those holes.

Oh, I understand what you're saying now. I'm gonna blame the Hot Toddies! Laughing Happy Holiday's to you (and everyone else)!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me johnathan franklin in the 4th. Ill take top OG or OT (if we get lucky in the first. Tyler Bray in the second. Best Defensive player in the third ILB/OLB/CB/S followed by franklin in the 4th.

side note Brett Hundley will be something special in 2-3 years. Watching tape of franklin and this kid is just impressing the hell out of me.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Bush has had a good season, I think he stays

He is getting older and they have Lamar and Daniel Thomas looking good and waiting for more snaps. They have people ready for a bigger role. For a couple million he could be a good option, plus is a good a receiver.

Justo on the sig
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas was in the dog house and the owner likes Bush.

Cannot see him getting moved on this year, next year maybe.

I am a massive Lamar fan, check last years draft threads, still as a 3rd down and change of pace back, Bush still has it.
iRobot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are getting free agent RB's, I would like to see Ivory (depending on RFA tender) or Bush.

Otherwise, we could draft an RB in the 3rd-5th.. as most of the RB prospects this draft are rated round 2 and later.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivory would be a cheap alternative.

I would go with that selection.

Beanie, RW and Ivory

Top 2 stay for the year, other gets cut.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Williams is done here I think. Time to move on from him.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:

I highly, highly doubt that.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

I highly, highly doubt that.

If Kenny stays he loves the kid and will keep him no matter what. Anyone else and he is done here I think. He didn't really produce when he was healthy which seems like never.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: