Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Game this week that doesn't matter - Ravens
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you want to play in the playoffs?
Baltimore
64%
 64%  [ 9 ]
New England
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Denver
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Houston
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

theJ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Game this week that doesn't matter - Ravens Reply with quote

GDT.

First time in a long time, the Bengals are playing a meaningless game week 17 with a playoff spot locked in. Only bad part is they're locked into the 6th seed.

Does anyone think they'll rest some guys? Does anyone want to bet that Marvin has no clue they can't affect their playoff seed? Who do you guys want to play in the wild card round (all the division winners can get the #3)?

I think i'd rather play NE or Balt out of all the choices. Hou and their playaction offense does not match up well with the Bengals defense and the overaggressive defensive backs. And Den, well they're just playing way too well. NE is almost unbeatable as well, but when you're picking the worst of the best, their's no good choices. I pick Balt or NE because they have weaknesses on defense i think the Bengals can exploit. It's entirely reasonable, if not probable, that AJ Green goes B-A-N-A-N-A-S on either of those secondaries in a playoff game and leads the team to victory.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather play Baltimore or Houston. The Pats and Broncos would just destroy us

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baltimore. New England and Denver are likely too much for us, and we already saw what a playoff game at Houston looks like.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baltimore easily.

Watching dwyer bounce out some ten yarders yesterday doesn't give me too much confidence in bottling up Foster but I will take houston next just because they don't have Peyton or Ugh boy. And the Texans were blown out a couple of times this year which gives me more confidence for some year.

Then i'll go Denver because I like how our offence matches up with their D and our D line can really frustrate Peyton. And we should've had more int's in the reg season game.

I think we match up the best against the pats but they always play great at home and I could see our young team letting the bright lights and atmosphere get to them. And belicheck just seems to be three steps ahead of Marvin whenever they go head to head.

With that being said, WHO CARES BRING EM ON!!!!
fluhartz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually voted for Denver..
I think we can play good enough defense to beat them. They have played one good team in the last couple months. I know Peyton is the man, but the Bengals defense has en amazing the last couple of months....
New England scares me to death..that is the last place I want them to go....

WHO-DEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Game this week that doesn't matter - Ravens Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
First time in a long time, the Bengals are playing a meaningless game

Sorry to disagree, but it ain't meaningless.

It is of little consequence maybe, in terms of the play-offs and standings, but you have to win your division games.

As a franchise, the Bengals are constantly knocked for not being able to beat BAL and PIT consistently, so to win Sunday would not only mean we beat our most succesful division foes in back to back weeks, but we also go 10-6 which represents an improved record over last year.

That's huge for Dalton too. Beating the Ravens next Sunday woud be a huge springboard into the play-oofs, particularly if we have to go to BAL for the wildcard.

If we lose Sunday, the media will be lining up again like last year to say we're 'backing-in' to the play-offs again.

We have a group of succesful collegiate level guys who hated losing, and its good that is now part of this young teams 'physche'.

theJ wrote:
Only bad part is they're locked into the 6th seed.

Sure, but we would have taken that after a 3-5 start right ??
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fluhartz wrote:
I actually voted for Denver..
I think we can play good enough defense to beat them. They have played one good team in the last couple months. I know Peyton is the man, but the Bengals defense has en amazing the last couple of months....
New England scares me to death..that is the last place I want them to go....

I like our defence against anyone right now, Brady included. JAX played him tough last weekend, and they could have won that game. I know NE are a different proposition at Foxboro', but I like where we are defensively.

I know one thing for sure, not one of those offences will be looking forward to playing Mike Zimmer.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather play baltimore. They are banged up, and we both know each other inside out. it would come down to execution and turnovers.
mrpotamus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for New England. I think the Bengals match up really well against that team. The Patriots' defense is not very good, and although the Patriots' offense is strong, the Bengals' defense is smothering opposing teams. The Bengals' offense is less bad than the Patriots' defense and I believe the Bengals' defense can play the Patriots' offense to a draw.
Who-dey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote Baltimore. Remember the Jets couple years ago. We already had the playoff locked up then coasted the final week and got blown out. Played them next week in the first round and could not ge t it going. We need to keep our foot on the gas.

Adopt a Bengal: Reggie Nelson and Mike Zimmer
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

futbudds wrote:
With that being said, WHO CARES BRING EM ON!!!!

This......
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assume this is the Raven GDT then ??????
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Assume this is the Raven GDT then ??????

Yes it tis

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we rest staters or let them play? Whatever the decision I'm banking on Marvin to make the wrong one... Laughing

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
Spartan300

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully everyone plays today full speed. There are a lot of things that need to be cleaned up from last week before the playoffs start.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: