Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Percy Harvin Trade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:12 am    Post subject: Percy Harvin Trade Reply with quote

Would Rams fan like the idea of trading a 1st round pick for WR Percy Harvin? Rams wouldn't have to resign Amendola and Percy could also line up a lot in the backfield and alleviate some of the work load off of the aging Steven Jackson. Harvin and Quick combo could turn into something special. Opinions please.
Hoj398

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: Percy Harvin Trade Reply with quote

KeithVikings28 wrote:
Would Rams fan like the idea of trading a 1st round pick for WR Percy Harvin? Rams wouldn't have to resign Amendola and Percy could also line up a lot in the backfield and alleviate some of the work load off of the aging Steven Jackson. Harvin and Quick combo could turn into something special. Opinions please.

No thanks.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft picks have more value than they ever did right now. Draft picks = cost controlled that don't hurt cap space too much. It is more like baseball now, player and picks are even more overvalued due to their control and limited pay.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Draft picks have more value than they ever did right now. Draft picks = cost controlled that don't hurt cap space too much. It is more like baseball now, player and picks are even more overvalued due to their control and limited pay.
Some might not agree with this, but I very much do.

The new draft system is going to be key for cost controlled players. They arent getting huge money, so most will be looking for it in their second contracts, and not having the huge first contracts will keep the cap down.

If this was 2 years ago, I would think about it. But if Brandon Marshall was only traded for 2 Seconds the first time, and then 2 thirds the second time, not sure that a 1st is what Harvin would fetch.

Now I think I would do something like trade out of the fist for Harvin. Trade our 1st & 3rd for Percy & your 2nd. We would be trading out of the 1st , and you have 2 top 25 picks plus an extra 3rd rounder.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Some might not agree with this, but I very much do.

The new draft system is going to be key for cost controlled players. They arent getting huge money, so most will be looking for it in their second contracts, and not having the huge first contracts will keep the cap down.

If this was 2 years ago, I would think about it. But if Brandon Marshall was only traded for 2 Seconds the first time, and then 2 thirds the second time, not sure that a 1st is what Harvin would fetch.

Now I think I would do something like trade out of the fist for Harvin. Trade our 1st & 3rd for Percy & your 2nd. We would be trading out of the 1st , and you have 2 top 25 picks plus an extra 3rd rounder.

Wouldn't even consider doing that.

Wr80

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't he gonna be a free agent?
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would.. The more weapons the better.. We lack weapons!!

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
jjab360

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah... I'd do it for a second, though.

I think people understimate his ability to get down the field due to Christian Ponder's ineffectiveness.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of Harvin. i would consider our later 1st for him or our second as he is one of the NFL's best playmakers period. There is nearly a zero % chance we could draft someone in that slot that would have the kind of impact he would bring to us, year 1.

I would, of course, have to look at the contract and if that made sense first. If this deal was done, I'd think Danny would be gone, but, in my eyes, Harvin is a big upgrade. Pro Bowl returner as well, was even getting talks of MVP earlier in the season.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
MidSouthRam

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Percy Harvin Trade Reply with quote

KeithVikings28 wrote:

Wouldn't even consider such a deal.

He's entering the last year of his contract so the Rams would have to offer him a new deal.

And apparently he's having issues with Fisher's former teammate in the Vikings laid back HC. And then there is the migrane issues.

3rd rounder at best. And that's only if the Rams and Harvin could even agree to terms on a contract extension AND Amendola walks.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
I'm a big fan of Harvin. i would consider our later 1st for him or our second as he is one of the NFL's best playmakers period. There is nearly a zero % chance we could draft someone in that slot that would have the kind of impact he would bring to us, year 1.

I would, of course, have to look at the contract and if that made sense first. If this deal was done, I'd think Danny would be gone, but, in my eyes, Harvin is a big upgrade. Pro Bowl returner as well, was even getting talks of MVP earlier in the season.

And yet he can't stay healthy. Want to make that move, draft Tavon Austin. Younger and we don't have to try and re-sign him. Plus he's not been having issues with his coach.

I don't know why anyone would trade a 1st for an injury prone slot WR in his contract year...and I love(d) Harvin. Was a huge Gator fan and a huge fan of his. It's just not a good move imo.

Don't like the idea of drafting Austin either...but at least that's only a 2nd round pick.

Danny is a very good slot WR...see no reason to try and address that position when we have others to fix.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: