Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is this a playoff team?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texantype

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Is this a playoff team? Reply with quote

I guess when you clinch an nfl playoff you sit on your 'you know whats" ad act like you are trying?

The rt. side of the o line is a disaster; the d backfield is a sieve; and mediocre Matt is degrading in every game.

Surely this is not a surprise to any who pay attention.
Sad
kenney

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's almost inexplicable. I've seen this team play harder when the season is lost than the way they're playing now.

How can Kubiak possibly keep team's together during losing/mediocre seasons only to lose them completely when they're finally good?
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets not forget how we won a playoff game last season after losing the last 3 games of the regular season. It would have been huge to win this week so we can rest our starters, but maybe it's a good thing the Colts clinched this week. I still think this team is a playoff team, but they have changed my perspective on whether they can be a SB team.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I am disappointed too but we are clearly a playoff team. No question. Kubiak and Schaub need to get their stuff together though. This defense played fine for us to win but we can't go 1-11 on third downs. This game is soley on the offense and I know that they will come out against the Colts with something to prove. They always do bounce back well.
texansfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the NFL - each week someone can step up and beat anyone. Jacksonville nearly beat New England, Indy barely edged out KC, the 49ers were embarrassed by the Seahawks. We still have one of the best records in the NFL - there is nothing stopping us from running the table and making the Super Bowl.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dumbest "overreaction" thread ever. We still are the #1 seed in the AFC and play a team we dismantled just a week ago that could barely beat one of the two worst teams in football this past week. Even if they pound us this week, we are clearly one of 4 best teams in the AFC. Now a proper thread might be "are we a Super Bowl team" to which my response today would be, NO, but I would have said the same about the Giants this time last year. The answer is subject to revision with a focused effort this week that allows us to take on the Ravens or Bengals at home which are definitely winnable and let's us regain our mojo for a huge test AT HOME against Denver or New England (or the Colts) which will be tough, but I don't think we lay down like we did in Foxboro or in a trap game vs. Minny.

I think there is value for this team to continue to remain very aware of our slim margin of success and that we are going to need to pull out a few special things out of our hat if we are going to get the ultimate prize as I just don't think we get there THIS YEAR on talent alone, especially if Brady or Manning are the one's standing between us and New Orleans. In our case, "doing what we did to get there" ignores the reality that other teams have evolved in a positive way over the course of the season while we are kind of sputtering across the finish line with Arian, the secondary and the LBs simply not being the same that they were in our week 7 peak.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: