Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 88th pick the Eagles select...Russell Wilson?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oland11

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Let's just prey to God Nick can make a considerable jump forward next season or this Franchise is in for a long next 5-6 yrs.

5-6 years? Franchise QBs proliferate the drafts nowadays. Even if you don't draft one in a year you can get him the next year. The problem is when you don't identify that you don't currently have a true franchise QB and you skip trying to improve the position. The Jets and the Vikings are now in that position. It will be a long 5-6 years if the next Eagles staff can't develop QBs or make mistakes filling the position. Over the next 5-6 years there will probably be 7 or more franchise type QBs entering the NFL.

Ok, The Jets just whiffed on drafting Sanchez. But the Ponder is playing a Brad Johnson role with AP being the Bucs D. As in he is carrying that team. If they can add a few pieces on D then they could make a run or give other playoff teams a run for their money.

The Jets just suck. Ask Green.
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Let's just prey to God Nick can make a considerable jump forward next season or this Franchise is in for a long next 5-6 yrs.

5-6 years? Franchise QBs proliferate the drafts nowadays. Even if you don't draft one in a year you can get him the next year. The problem is when you don't identify that you don't currently have a true franchise QB and you skip trying to improve the position. The Jets and the Vikings are now in that position. It will be a long 5-6 years if the next Eagles staff can't develop QBs or make mistakes filling the position. Over the next 5-6 years there will probably be 7 or more franchise type QBs entering the NFL.

I agree. I would have said decade which wasting a top 5 pick when possible Franchise QB are out there can happen. I used 5-6 years as an example because within the next two years if indeed they roll the dice on Foles they should know mistake/genius. So come 2014/15 either another QB is taken or we actually lucked out with Foles. Problem with this years class is that there really is not that guaranteed Franchise Stud QB like Luck or RGIII to bank on. Making the decesion moving forward maybe the single most important decesion Lurie and his FO have had to make since 1999.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 11 Gm/ 63 Rec/ 980 Yds/ 9 TD/ 15.5 YPC/
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Size is a skill all in its own.. Wilson is to short for our offense and the short player we have for weapons and the play calling is designed to hurt short QBs so it makes no sense.

Russel Wilson is McNabb 2.0 and McNabb may of been to short to play in this offense and he towers over Wilson... It would of just been Wilson running sideline to sideline and hucking it up over and over agian with some amazing runs here and there till he gets leveled on the side line by some jerk safety.. sound familiar?

Foles is going to be really solid but right now hes just trying to survive injury free and his big tall frame and really good feet quickness are keeping him alive he has some Big Ben in him in terms of foot work and that big body to see down field.. Give me Foles.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
green24

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Wilson has some good receivers, good coaches, an amazing defense and Marshawn Lynch.

Only Sanchez could fail in that situation.

And Tarvaris Jackson.
oland11

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Phire wrote:
Wilson has some good receivers, good coaches, an amazing defense and Marshawn Lynch.

Only Sanchez could fail in that situation.

And Tarvaris Jackson.

Hush up. Buttfumble sucks.
Kempes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Wilson but I'd rather have Foles to be honest.

Wilson has better mobility but Foles will be the more complete passer over the next few years I think.
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell Wilson is too short.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyatemydingo wrote:
Russell Wilson is too short.
He was drafted in the 3rd round, and no QBs have success that were drafted after the top of the 2nd round.
Meco

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to make sure - You all know that Russell Wilson wasn't on the board when we picked in the third round, right?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
Just to make sure - You all know that Russell Wilson wasn't on the board when we picked in the third round, right?
Yes, we do.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Right place at the right time - a strong defense, a commitment to the running game makes a whole load of difference for a rookie QB

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We would have had to take him with the vinny curry pick. I think we were all on board with vinny.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
We would have had to take him with the vinny curry pick. I think we were all on board with vinny.

Yeah loved it

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Yeah loved it

Not me.
I was "OK" with the Curry pick, but only because I thought Russell would last.

He will be the 2nd best QB in a draft that may be the best (or 2nd best) QB draft of all time.
His TD/Int ratio against top competition in college was insane.

I may be influenced by the fact that the Eagles haven't had a QB who was above average at reading defenses since Ron Jaworski.
But, Russell is a superior talent.
Good on Seattle.
BBIB

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell Wilson wouldn't have near the amount of success he's having in Seattle on Philadelphia

The Seahawks actually run the football, the Seahawks actually call playaction roll outs, and have recently utilized some zone read option

All the things that Russell Wilson would not be doing in the current Eagles system. Not to mention the elite pass blocking Oline by comparison

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: