Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Are YOU still on the Schaub boat
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amazingandre

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Are YOU still on the Schaub boat Reply with quote

If not there is room on this ocean liner, it is getting cold all by myself Laughing
Raz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Schaub is a great game manager IMO but he is so easily rattled under pressure and his vision is horrible when rattled.So when the team needs our most important player to step up (ala Tom Brady) he just goes into reserve mode and checks down to safest pass.

I am though not that worried about the playoffs as i think our coaches have not shown any hands in the regular season and our opponents will be in for a shock come playoffs.
Although i think teams need at least somewhat mobile QB in the playoffs, our team has a lot of surprise's up there sleeves.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all know Schaub is a game manager and can win some games when forced to throw and dink and dunk down the field, but not game managing QB has ever won a Super Bowl without an all time great D (ie Bucs and Ravens) and we don't have an all time great D.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
We all know Schaub is a game manager and can win some games when forced to throw and dink and dunk down the field, but not game managing QB has ever won a Super Bowl without an all time great D (ie Bucs and Ravens) and we don't have an all time great D.

Im not gonna name names, but there are PLENTY OF Texan fans who think Schaub is a LOT more than a game manager, some think he is top 7 in the league. Just go back a few pages and read some of the threads, you will see
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Im not gonna name names, but there are PLENTY OF Texan fans who think Schaub is a LOT more than a game manager, some think he is top 7 in the league. Just go back a few pages and read some of the threads, you will see

He shows flashes but, what little flashes we've seen have come in meaningless regular season games. He has 1 shot to prove himself this post-season so will see what he's got.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. He's had a bad couple weeks but he is a pro bowl caliber QB. He has shown many times he can carry us even when the run game isn't working.

He needs to get the confidence and rhythm back but anyone suggesting we should move on isn't paying attention.

#JDI
amazingandre

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
Yes. He's had a bad couple weeks but he is a pro bowl caliber QB. He has shown many times he can carry us even when the run game isn't working.

He needs to get the confidence and rhythm back but anyone suggesting we should move on isn't paying attention.

when, and please include games with high pressure attached to it
DreDay80

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I question Foster more than I do Schaub. I'd rather have Tate starting at the moment....
Marco79

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't say I am off but I am questioning him more and more. I supported him since the 2008 when everyone wanted to give up on him. I am just sick of how easy it is to bring him down now. That play where he got sacked on the 1 yard line for a -13 yard loss was pathetic. Evans barely touched him and he went down and for someone who is suppose to at least be a "smart QB" it was a really stupid play.
Marco79

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreDay80 wrote:
I question Foster more than I do Schaub. I'd rather have Tate starting at the moment....

This is because of the way that Kubiak handled him. We ran him into the ground early in the season for no reason in games we had clearly won and now he is tired. SHOCKER. Shocked
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still supporting him. Heck I still would take him over Romo any day of the week. Imagine if Schaub had another receiving weapon instead of Andre. He is still perfect for this offense and he still limits his mistakes. Only thing I hate about Schaub is that he isn't mobile and cant make throws on the run.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. The only question you need to ask yourself is Do you think we can win a Super Bowl with Schaub at QB? My answer is yes, no questions asked.

However, the whole team needs a rough week of practice this week to get their heads out of their asses and back into rhythm.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes because at this point we have no choice what other QB is out there right now

Face it texans fans at this point we are going to have to LIVE or DIE with Matty
TexansFan23

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely.

If you look at the list of Super Bowl winning QBs, most have a significant legacy, no doubt. But there's also some misnomers -- Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Mark Rypien, Jeff Hostetler, etc.

This sounds awful, but why can't Matt Schaub be another misnomer?

We have talent. Andre Johnson. J.J. Watt. Jonathan Joseph. Duane Brown. Arian Foster.

It's not just Matt Schaub who has to perform. It's the team. If the team performs, Schaub can be a Super Bowl winner. If they don't, he goes the way of the Jake Plummer's and Mark Brunell's of the world -- solid QBs, but not great.

The whole team has been off in big games, not just Schaub. It's starts with the QB, yes, but everyone needs to step up, not just Schaub.
Marco79

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The whole team has been off in big games, not just Schaub. It's starts with the QB, yes, but everyone needs to step up, not just Schaub.

See yesterday was completely on Schaub. He was under throwing guys, over throwing, trying to force balls, and he went down if you touched him with your pinkey. When they were on the 1 down 16-3, he can't go down like he did for a -13 yard loss. It is absolutely on him. The Texans still had a chance before that and he blew it.

And when your a WR or TE, you can't get going if Schaub can't make throws. And he was absolutely awful yesterday, how can Daniels or Posey step up if Schaub can't get the ball to them when their open?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: