Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 17: Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Someone help me.. If we lose the game , why are the Cowboys Champions of the NFC East ? I guess they have the tie breakers in their favor? Donb't we still hold the Conf record edge? We'd be tied at head to head and Division records I think..
If this be a stoopid question-- forgive me .. Maybe it's a DUH moment .
they will have the best division record and hold the tie breakers over us there

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Blknite01

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We lose the 3rd tie breaker, common opponent.

We are 7-5 they are 8-4 against teams we've both played. Obviously if had won just one of those games (Chicago, Cincy, The First Giants Game) or even STL, we'd already have the division locked up.

However we still have the chance to just win and we are in, and that's all you can really ask for.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9-7

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Ace5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter the outcome, I'd like to extend an Internet high five to the redskins organization and its fans for joining the Cowboys and their fans in showing John Mara that his stupid bogus fines werent enough for his team to stay in contention with the two franchises he worked so hard to screw over. Fantastic job Redskins.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace5 wrote:
No matter the outcome, I'd like to extend an Internet high five to the redskins organization and its fans for joining the Cowboys and their fans in showing John Mara that his stupid bogus fines werent enough for his team to stay in contention with the two franchises he worked so hard to screw over. Fantastic job Redskins.

This honestly makes the game all the sweeter.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
seantaylorfan21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if deangelo hall plays like i know he can and just worries about shutting down dez and not trying to make big plays, we can win this game easily. I'm just scared he's gonna be the hall that he tends to be who only worries about making big plays and dez is gonna poop on us and it will be much more difficult to win this game.

Props to Mike23md
MightyMouse07

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
HDsportsfan wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
We need to find a way to stop Dez and Witten, that's the key. No idea who's going to be able to do it...
pressure! In the first half last game va the cowboys we got a lot of pressure on romo and the offense before we went into a prevent in the second half. It worked. Their OL is suspect, they will struggle with our zone blitzes, corner blitzes, safety blitzes, ilb blitzes and exotic blitzes. Their RBs are fumble prone. That's why they lost to the saints. We just have to keep doing what we've been doing since the bye week. Get pressure and force turnovers.

Our RB's are fumble prone? Eehhh....not sure I agree with that. What lost the game more than the fumble was our defense. We are down 6 starters, down to our 5th and 6th ILB, 3 NT, SS gone, and I beleive 2 backup corners/safties. Now Ware is hurt, not sure of his status. We got killed by flares to the RB's and passing to the TE.

Yeah...the fumble at the 5 hurt, but Murray is not a fumbler. I don't blame Murray for the fumble. His legs were twisted under him and your bodys natural instinct is to do whatever it has to, to protect itself. In this case he let go of the ball (as it was being pulled on by defenders) so he could get his upper body back to a somewhat normal postition. Yeah....it sounds like a lame excuse. But while watching the game I replayed that several times and that just seemed to be the case.

THis goes without saying, but Dez is on fire right now. It will be interesting to see how you guys game plan for him.

Anyway....this should be a fun one. Just like old times.

Heres to no injuries.....

Merry Christmas.
sounds like you have a lot of excuses for Murray... Hmmm Confused I've seen Felix jones and Murray have trouble holding onto the ball throughout their careers. I guess we'll see what happens.

In over 300 carries, DeMarco has 3 fumbles and only two lost. Those were the last two weeks. He isn't "fumble prone."

To put it into perspective. Morris has 300 carries this year and he has 4 fumbles with 3 being lost.

“Anytime I step out there I give everything I got, on every single play.” - Ray Lewis
PSID412

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to be tough as it is the Cowboys but with a Rocking Fedex Field and a hoping fully fit RG3 we going to the playoffs

^ Awesome sig by Mike23md
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
Good luck this week guys. Destroy the Cowboys because I hate them and stuff. Smile

Oland, your mom has never been more disappointed in you than she is at this moment.

oland11

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
oland11 wrote:
Good luck this week guys. Destroy the Cowboys because I hate them and stuff. Smile

Oland, your mom has never been more disappointed in you than she is at this moment.

I really was starting to like you. I even voted for you in the Eagles forum awards! And then you pull this card. Come on man!
P.S. She hates the Cowboys also. Wink
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only see 2 bright spots for Dallas. 1. RGIII won't have his typical 4.3 speed and didn't really even try to run against Philly. That's a huge break for Dallas. 2. Romo's playing his best football of the season and Washington's pass defense has been poor.

This game really interesting in that Dallas biggest strength matches up well with Washinton's biggest weakness. And Washington's biggest strength matches up against Dallas biggest weakness on defense. I could really see this as being a "whoever has the ball last wins" type game.

turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/m/article/0ap1000000116241/dallas-cowboys-to-face-washington-redskins-for-nfc-east-title

Big game. The cowboys lose and they have no hopes of the post season. Lets make that a reality boys! Cool

Quote:
For the loser? Well, that'd be the end of the road for the Cowboys.

Meanwhile, the 'Skins can back their way into a wild-card spot, but only if the Bears and Vikings go down earlier on Sunday. Complete playoff scenarios here.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace5 wrote:
yes! I think we can all high five to that and give John Mara the middle finger! Laughing

HDsportsfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
HDsportsfan wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
We need to find a way to stop Dez and Witten, that's the key. No idea who's going to be able to do it...
pressure! In the first half last game va the cowboys we got a lot of pressure on romo and the offense before we went into a prevent in the second half. It worked. Their OL is suspect, they will struggle with our zone blitzes, corner blitzes, safety blitzes, ilb blitzes and exotic blitzes. Their RBs are fumble prone. That's why they lost to the saints. We just have to keep doing what we've been doing since the bye week. Get pressure and force turnovers.

Our RB's are fumble prone? Eehhh....not sure I agree with that. What lost the game more than the fumble was our defense. We are down 6 starters, down to our 5th and 6th ILB, 3 NT, SS gone, and I beleive 2 backup corners/safties. Now Ware is hurt, not sure of his status. We got killed by flares to the RB's and passing to the TE.

Yeah...the fumble at the 5 hurt, but Murray is not a fumbler. I don't blame Murray for the fumble. His legs were twisted under him and your bodys natural instinct is to do whatever it has to, to protect itself. In this case he let go of the ball (as it was being pulled on by defenders) so he could get his upper body back to a somewhat normal postition. Yeah....it sounds like a lame excuse. But while watching the game I replayed that several times and that just seemed to be the case.

THis goes without saying, but Dez is on fire right now. It will be interesting to see how you guys game plan for him.

Anyway....this should be a fun one. Just like old times.

Heres to no injuries.....

Merry Christmas.
sounds like you have a lot of excuses for Murray... Hmmm Confused I've seen Felix jones and Murray have trouble holding onto the ball throughout their careers. I guess we'll see what happens.

*sigh* ...no not excuses....just reality. Murray is not known as a fumbler, I just don't understand where you get that from. I honestly, don't know....has Morris fumbled this year? How is offering and explanation turned into "sounds like you have a lot of excuses"? Even one of the Saints players is leaned over patting in on the shoulder making sure he was OK. Call it what you want but he not a fumbler. Jones....I can't stand up for him somuch...but he only gets 5-6 touches a game anyway.

Edit: Thanks MightyMouse....I read your reply after I posted. Just as I suspected actually.
lavar703

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were to say I wasn't worried about this game I would be lying. The Cowboys have an explosive offense and Dez Bryant is playing out of his mind. The thought of Madeiu Williams back there scares the heck out of me but I think these guys will pull it together. This is the moment I've been waiting for. 05' and 07' didn't really feel like the team was turning the corner, just sort of backing there way into the playoffs with not much hope of doing anything. This year however feels like we've arrived. I feel like the future of the NFC East runs through Washington and I don't mean that as a slight to the fans of the other East teams I just think we have a young, feisty team ready to do some serious damage. They've grown up over this six-game span, changing the fortunes of this franchise for now and for what I believe a very long time.

While I will be incredibly disappointed if we lose next Sunday I will still be proud of this team and the success they had this season. But with that said I have no interest in this ride ending next week.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 2 of 27

Jump to: