Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 17: VIKINGS (9-6) vs. Packers (11-4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LostRoadStone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Robinson probably hasn't practiced as a slot corner; Marcus Sherels has.

I was thinking the same thing, but then why wouldn't they just put Jefferson in at nickel. He's played there before.

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostRoadStone wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

I was thinking the same thing, but then why wouldn't they just put Jefferson in at nickel. He's played there before.

Likely because Robinson is the equivalent of a sieve on the outside at the moment. It was hard to tell who was worse in this game between him and Jefferson though.
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really, really wanted AD to get that record. I would actually trade that win for the record. Oh well, it was still a great game. We beat the Pack, and we also made it to the playoffs! All this from a team I didn't think would win more than three games this year. Congratulations to Zygi, Rick, Leslie, and all the players!

On another note, thanks to this win, a couple of overly confident Cheeseheads will be sporting a nice new sig for the next week. Very Happy Laughing

Aout wrote:
What is wrong with all these Packer fans insulting and raging all the time?
vikes28peterson

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
LostRoadStone wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

Likely because Robinson is the equivalent of a sieve on the outside at the moment. It was hard to tell who was worse in this game between him and Jefferson though.

I didn't even see Robinson in once in second half when they were really getting torched, mainly Sherels. I hope to never see him on the field defensively. Other than being torched by Jennings and co. that one play in the flats was just putrid effort and he was hesitant to make the tackle and turns what should have been a 5 yard gain to a first down. Solid returner, awful corner.
Yfz01

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
LostRoadStone wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

It was not. Even if Robinson has been giving up Touchdown's over the last few weeks, it's clear to me that Jefferson has easily been the worst corner that routinely gets playing time.

Lil Uno with the sig.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
On another note, thanks to this win, a couple of overly confident Cheeseheads will be sporting a nice new sig for the next week. Very Happy Laughing

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers completed a pass to James Jones on first-and-goal from the Vikings' 8-yard line late in the third quarter. The ball came loose, Vikings linebacker Erin Henderson and officials ruled it a fumble after a brief huddle. It was about that time McCarthy threw his challenge flag, even though turnovers, like scoring plays, are automatically reviewed and cannot be challenged. But Carey decided to review the play anyway because he felt the buzz from the replay booth came first.

Carey: "We can't tell specifically when those happened. He's at my back, and I got a buzz, and about the same time, (other officials) said that he threw the flag. I can't tell which one happened first. The replay official said he buzzed right away. In that situation, we're allowed to review the play. He was still penalized 15 yards, but we're allowed to review the play."

Vikings general manager Rick Spielman and vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski came into the press box to request an explanation from the replay official himself, while coach Leslie Frazier chased Carey down the sideline.

Frazier: "They told me that someone had buzzed down and they had to review the play. Did I believe it? It is what it is. Vikings won. That's all that counts. We're in the playoffs. I'm sure that Commissioner Goodell and the powers that be in New York will handle it accordingly. If they call and ask my opinion, I'll give them my opinion, but at this point, my opinion is irrelevant. They will make the decision when they want to make the decision."

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Ref_says_he_couldnt_tell_whether_challenge_flag_or_buzz_came_first123012

Webmaster wrote:
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone ever figure out what Raji was doing waving his finger every time he tackled Peterson? He made a couple nice stops but Peterson was running all over the defense. Did Raji not understand what Peterson was doing?
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else notice that Greg Jennings was the first person to talk to Peterson after the game. Wonder what they were talking about. Think Very Happy

Todd Gurley to Minnesota!
Freakout

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
Anyone else notice that Greg Jennings was the first person to talk to Peterson after the game. Wonder what they were talking about. Think Very Happy

Yes I did! Maybe that mutual respect will come in handy.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Anyone ever figure out what Raji was doing waving his finger every time he tackled Peterson?

what went through my mind was a hip hop gal sayin', "uh huh girlfriend, you don't want to buy no ugly purse now, do ya?"

that's how i saw it.

Webmaster wrote:
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:

He said this week he hoped Adrian would break the record
this providence

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck of an entertaining game. Probably one of the best we've seen since the '09 year. Ton of fun to watch both teams go back and forth, even if the defenses weren't exactly up to snuff.

Adrian is just incredible at this stage. The scary thing is he really isn't getting much in the way of clean holes to run through either. Most of the time he's getting stacked up and he's willing his way towards finding some daylight. Just a spectacular player to watch.

I think Griffen might be on the cusp of stealing Robison's job next season. He's grown quite a bit since being drafted and he just makes plays. Going into next year I'd swap their roles.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Anyone ever figure out what Raji was doing waving his finger every time he tackled Peterson?

what went through my mind was a hip hop gal sayin', "uh huh girlfriend, you don't want to buy no ugly purse now, do ya?"

that's how i saw it.

Raji is an oaf. After you've been getting torched by AD, wagging your finger is nonsensical. It's probably more ridiculous than Jerome Simpson with his ridiculous 1st-down motion.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
since72

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
And let us all rejoice, for we are not the Lions!

NFC North. The only division with THREE teams with double digit wins.

Wooo Hooo! The new powerhouse of the NFL!!!

Dancing

Christian Ponder needs to do what Tarkenton did for practice. Go to the golf course and throw a football and then try to hit it with another football before it hits the ground.

I was going to post a 10 win prediction for the Vikings at the beginning of the season, but didn't want to invite the ridicule.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 65 of 67

Jump to: