Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The NFCE Title game, sponsored by the MARA penalty fund
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
atran35


Joined: 22 Dec 2007
Posts: 2850
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miles need to be on point with catching the ball. He had crucial drops last night. We need to run the ball better. We should have ran the ball during OT.

0 confidence on our D. If they can stop the run that may limit big play with RG3 going over the top. But our secondary safety play has been atrocious. Jamming Moss on 3rd down for his patent slants is a must.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HDsportsfan


Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Posts: 4967
Location: Between Richmond VA. and D.C.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atran35 wrote:
Miles need to be on point with catching the ball. He had crucial drops last night. We need to run the ball better. We should have ran the ball during OT.

0 confidence on our D. If they can stop the run that may limit big play with RG3 going over the top. But our secondary safety play has been atrocious. Jamming Moss on 3rd down for his patent slants is a must.


I think we ran once out of our 4 plays in OT. It when for zero yards.
_________________
I'm a Dallas Fan.
Always smell it first.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skinsfanLA


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 5273
Location: In Thaiphoon's Head
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Win and In situation against our arch rival? I would not have this any other way.


Agreed!
_________________
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
If you're paying for steak, and you get it well done, just order a burger.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skinsfanLA


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 5273
Location: In Thaiphoon's Head
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:59 pm Post subject: Re: Greatest Rivalries


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rtnldave wrote:
I'm watching "NFL's Greatest Rivalries" on NFL Network.

10. Cowboys vs 49ers.
9. Cowboys vs Eagles.
8. Patriots vs Colts
7. Bears vs Packers
6. Cowboys vs. Steelers
5. Steelers vs Ravens
4. Browns vs Bengals
3. Patriots vs Jets
2. Raiders vs. Steelers
1. Eagles vs Giants???????

2nd. Where in the DEVIL is Cowboys vs. Redskins?????
Does this rivalry not exisist anymore. Again 2 teams that have met in multiple NFC Championship games. The Cowboys very existance is because the owner at their inception, Clint Murchison, purchased the rights to the Redskins fight song as a means to blackmale the then owner of the Redskins into allowing another team in to the league that was further south than the Redskins. These 2 teams despise one another!

3rd. Not taking anything away from Phi vs NYG but I'm sorry, Cowboys/ 49ers and Cowboys/ Redskins are wayyyyyyyyyy better rivalries. in my humble opinion.


Redskins fan wrote:

Heh you were right, the rivalrys not on the list. It got an "honorable mention." I thought for sure it was number nine but it doesn't even rank with the show.

I hate to say it but I kind of agree. The rivalry between our beloved teams hasn't been relevant since the Reagan administration, at the least. Either one or both of the teams have been mired in mediocraty or overall sucktasticness, for sometime now. A rivalry really only means something when somethings on the line. When two suckified teams face off its kind of hard to get excited to cheer about being the smartest kid in summer school.

I've been a Redskin fan all my life but in my lifetime the rivalry has been dead and Dallas week, to me, just seems like another game. Maybe its because I wasn't alive in the 70's but I just don't feel the same intensity towards the feud like other Skins and Cowboys fan. Truth is a lot of Skins and Cowboy fans, my age and younger, who I know feel the same way.

At this point when I see one of our fellow fans perpetuate the feud it seems like two mentally handicapped guys dry humping a couch yelling insults at each other. Maybe when both teams are good again and each game is must win for the division title and a high seed in the playoffs the rivalry would mean something. But for right now its who really cares?



WOW! And to think this was the mindset when I posted this only a few weeks ago! Be careful what you wish for folks, you may just get it, and sooner than you think. Shocked

P.S. Merry Christmas to all!


The reason I think this list is dumb is that it's got Browns vs. Bengals in the top 10 and Redskins vs. Cowboys in honorable mention. I get that both teams have been down for a while, but if you are going to put Brown/Bengals on there you are obviously not looking at recent success. Same with Cowboys/Steelers.

I honestly think they kept Redskins/Cowboys off because the Cowbiys were already on the list a few times.
_________________
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
If you're paying for steak, and you get it well done, just order a burger.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Northland


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 3881
Location: Ajax, Ontario
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
Northland wrote:
matt79511 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
It's time to end this season the way we began the season. With a 2 week glorious sig bet.


It IS possible that Washington makes the playoffs as a wild card, though. Would take wins by Dallas, Detroit, and Green Bay.

That's one thing that intrigues me. How does Washington approach this game if they already have a playoff spot clinched?


The Skins approach this game with a chance to end their most hated rivals season. They will be up for the game.

But wouldn't it be funny if they got together as a big middle finger to Mara and sent the Giants packing? (Is Washington in if bears and vikes lose?)


Now this is a conspiracy that I can readily endorse. Go for it.
_________________
Northland
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Skinsfan13


Joined: 18 May 2011
Posts: 195
Location: Washington, DC
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinsfanLA wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:59 pm Post subject: Re: Greatest Rivalries


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rtnldave wrote:
I'm watching "NFL's Greatest Rivalries" on NFL Network.

10. Cowboys vs 49ers.
9. Cowboys vs Eagles.
8. Patriots vs Colts
7. Bears vs Packers
6. Cowboys vs. Steelers
5. Steelers vs Ravens
4. Browns vs Bengals
3. Patriots vs Jets
2. Raiders vs. Steelers
1. Eagles vs Giants???????

2nd. Where in the DEVIL is Cowboys vs. Redskins?????
Does this rivalry not exisist anymore. Again 2 teams that have met in multiple NFC Championship games. The Cowboys very existance is because the owner at their inception, Clint Murchison, purchased the rights to the Redskins fight song as a means to blackmale the then owner of the Redskins into allowing another team in to the league that was further south than the Redskins. These 2 teams despise one another!

3rd. Not taking anything away from Phi vs NYG but I'm sorry, Cowboys/ 49ers and Cowboys/ Redskins are wayyyyyyyyyy better rivalries. in my humble opinion.


Redskins fan wrote:

Heh you were right, the rivalrys not on the list. It got an "honorable mention." I thought for sure it was number nine but it doesn't even rank with the show.

I hate to say it but I kind of agree. The rivalry between our beloved teams hasn't been relevant since the Reagan administration, at the least. Either one or both of the teams have been mired in mediocraty or overall sucktasticness, for sometime now. A rivalry really only means something when somethings on the line. When two suckified teams face off its kind of hard to get excited to cheer about being the smartest kid in summer school.

I've been a Redskin fan all my life but in my lifetime the rivalry has been dead and Dallas week, to me, just seems like another game. Maybe its because I wasn't alive in the 70's but I just don't feel the same intensity towards the feud like other Skins and Cowboys fan. Truth is a lot of Skins and Cowboy fans, my age and younger, who I know feel the same way.

At this point when I see one of our fellow fans perpetuate the feud it seems like two mentally handicapped guys dry humping a couch yelling insults at each other. Maybe when both teams are good again and each game is must win for the division title and a high seed in the playoffs the rivalry would mean something. But for right now its who really cares?



WOW! And to think this was the mindset when I posted this only a few weeks ago! Be careful what you wish for folks, you may just get it, and sooner than you think. Shocked

P.S. Merry Christmas to all!


The reason I think this list is dumb is that it's got Browns vs. Bengals in the top 10 and Redskins vs. Cowboys in honorable mention. I get that both teams have been down for a while, but if you are going to put Brown/Bengals on there you are obviously not looking at recent success. Same with Cowboys/Steelers.

I honestly think they kept Redskins/Cowboys off because the Cowbiys were already on the list a few times.


That's just a hideous, hideous list. I don't usually argue things that are subjective, but how in the world can anyone with anything approaching a straight face make the argument that the Patriots and Colts or the Ravens and Steelers is a more significant (greater) historical rivalry than the Cowboys and Redskins? That's some what have you done for me lately thinking if I've ever seen it.

Part of being historical/eternal rivals is the ebb and flow of a rivalry. At times the rivalry burns intensely hot, at others it may not be exactly incandescent, but it's always a powder keg situation. No disrespect but Steelers/Ravens hasnt even had a chance to do that. They dont have a rivalry spanning multiple ERAS, myriad iterations of the team, a plethora of head coaches, generations of fans etc. The Ravens haven't even been around two goddamn decades, how in the world could anything they do have more historical resonance than anything the NFC east features (especially Cowboys-Redskins), Packers-49ers, Bears-Packers etc.? Watch how flammable this thing is in the next year. Great rivalries don't go away because of an interregnum.

I mean Patriots/ Colts....... That alone should tell you how awful the list is right there. I've had Pats fans who tell me that they don't give two craps about the Colts and that the rivalry was always essentially a Brady v Manning contest and thats supposed to be a top 10 rivalry of all time now? The rivalry BEGAN with Brady and Manning for crying out loud.

Did you feel the animosity between the Raiders and Steelers when Carson threw that late touchdown to beat the Steelers in Oakland this year? It was palpable how distraught Steelers fans were after the game. Give me a break, they didnt give two [inappropriate/removed] about losing to the Raiders, only that they lost. The Bears were [inappropriate/removed] for a huge portion of the 90s and the Packers would routinely kill them, that didnt diminish the historical significance of that rivalry. The Bears got good again and it was on like Donkey Kong.

The Thanksgiving game and this Sunday's game is going to go a long way in reigniting this thing. It is without question, almost objectively, one of the top 2 or 3 rivalries in the history of the sport (perhaps the greatest) and no half-baked NFL Network list is going to dissuade me of that fact. I was in Kobe teaching English to students three years ago and multiple times I was asked over there about Redskins/Cowboys. People who knew very little about the game in general (but knew who I rooted for thanks to team gear) had read or heard about those teams. And because the Patriots and Colts played meaningful games 6 or 7 years in a row that rivalry has somehow leaped over ours, a rivalry that had resonance in the 60s and 70s? Ridiculous. Brady and Manning weren't even alive when our teams began maliciously bumping helmets.
_________________
http://www.careercenter.umich.edu/images/dc_skyline.jpg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Da Boyz


Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 3656
Location: Waldorf, MD
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to Skins/Cowboys, where are the AFC West rivalries? How can you have Steelers/Raiders which is dead and not include 1 of the Chiefs/Raiders/Broncos?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 2891
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skinsfan13 wrote:
skinsfanLA wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:59 pm Post subject: Re: Greatest Rivalries


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rtnldave wrote:
I'm watching "NFL's Greatest Rivalries" on NFL Network.

10. Cowboys vs 49ers.
9. Cowboys vs Eagles.
8. Patriots vs Colts
7. Bears vs Packers
6. Cowboys vs. Steelers
5. Steelers vs Ravens
4. Browns vs Bengals
3. Patriots vs Jets
2. Raiders vs. Steelers
1. Eagles vs Giants???????

2nd. Where in the DEVIL is Cowboys vs. Redskins?????
Does this rivalry not exisist anymore. Again 2 teams that have met in multiple NFC Championship games. The Cowboys very existance is because the owner at their inception, Clint Murchison, purchased the rights to the Redskins fight song as a means to blackmale the then owner of the Redskins into allowing another team in to the league that was further south than the Redskins. These 2 teams despise one another!

3rd. Not taking anything away from Phi vs NYG but I'm sorry, Cowboys/ 49ers and Cowboys/ Redskins are wayyyyyyyyyy better rivalries. in my humble opinion.


Redskins fan wrote:

Heh you were right, the rivalrys not on the list. It got an "honorable mention." I thought for sure it was number nine but it doesn't even rank with the show.

I hate to say it but I kind of agree. The rivalry between our beloved teams hasn't been relevant since the Reagan administration, at the least. Either one or both of the teams have been mired in mediocraty or overall sucktasticness, for sometime now. A rivalry really only means something when somethings on the line. When two suckified teams face off its kind of hard to get excited to cheer about being the smartest kid in summer school.

I've been a Redskin fan all my life but in my lifetime the rivalry has been dead and Dallas week, to me, just seems like another game. Maybe its because I wasn't alive in the 70's but I just don't feel the same intensity towards the feud like other Skins and Cowboys fan. Truth is a lot of Skins and Cowboy fans, my age and younger, who I know feel the same way.

At this point when I see one of our fellow fans perpetuate the feud it seems like two mentally handicapped guys dry humping a couch yelling insults at each other. Maybe when both teams are good again and each game is must win for the division title and a high seed in the playoffs the rivalry would mean something. But for right now its who really cares?



WOW! And to think this was the mindset when I posted this only a few weeks ago! Be careful what you wish for folks, you may just get it, and sooner than you think. Shocked

P.S. Merry Christmas to all!


The reason I think this list is dumb is that it's got Browns vs. Bengals in the top 10 and Redskins vs. Cowboys in honorable mention. I get that both teams have been down for a while, but if you are going to put Brown/Bengals on there you are obviously not looking at recent success. Same with Cowboys/Steelers.

I honestly think they kept Redskins/Cowboys off because the Cowbiys were already on the list a few times.


That's just a hideous, hideous list. I don't usually argue things that are subjective, but how in the world can anyone with anything approaching a straight face make the argument that the Patriots and Colts or the Ravens and Steelers is a more significant (greater) historical rivalry than the Cowboys and Redskins? That's some what have you done for me lately thinking if I've ever seen it.

Part of being historical/eternal rivals is the ebb and flow of a rivalry. At times the rivalry burns intensely hot, at others it may not be exactly incandescent, but it's always a powder keg situation. No disrespect but Steelers/Ravens hasnt even had a chance to do that. They dont have a rivalry spanning multiple ERAS, myriad iterations of the team, a plethora of head coaches, generations of fans etc. The Ravens haven't even been around two goddamn decades, how in the world could anything they do have more historical resonance than anything the NFC east features (especially Cowboys-Redskins), Packers-49ers, Bears-Packers etc.? Watch how flammable this thing is in the next year. Great rivalries don't go away because of an interregnum.

I mean Patriots/ Colts....... That alone should tell you how awful the list is right there. I've had Pats fans who tell me that they don't give two craps about the Colts and that the rivalry was always essentially a Brady v Manning contest and thats supposed to be a top 10 rivalry of all time now? The rivalry BEGAN with Brady and Manning for crying out loud.

Did you feel the animosity between the Raiders and Steelers when Carson threw that late touchdown to beat the Steelers in Oakland this year? It was palpable how distraught Steelers fans were after the game. Give me a break, they didnt give two [inappropriate/removed] about losing to the Raiders, only that they lost. The Bears were [inappropriate/removed] for a huge portion of the 90s and the Packers would routinely kill them, that didnt diminish the historical significance of that rivalry. The Bears got good again and it was on like Donkey Kong.

The Thanksgiving game and this Sunday's game is going to go a long way in reigniting this thing. It is without question, almost objectively, one of the top 2 or 3 rivalries in the history of the sport (perhaps the greatest) and no half-baked NFL Network list is going to dissuade me of that fact. I was in Kobe teaching English to students three years ago and multiple times I was asked over there about Redskins/Cowboys. People who knew very little about the game in general (but knew who I rooted for thanks to team gear) had read or heard about those teams. And because the Patriots and Colts played meaningful games 6 or 7 years in a row that rivalry has somehow leaped over ours, a rivalry that had resonance in the 60s and 70s? Ridiculous. Brady and Manning weren't even alive when our teams began maliciously bumping helmets.



Your reaction to this is EXACTLY my point. I posted this on Nov 19th after watching the so called "ah-hem" Greatest Rivalries. I made mention that the Cowboys/Redskins was not onthere and how ridiculous it was. And people actually posted their logic for that line of thinking (see bold print above). I understood what they were saying but I didn't agree with it.

Now, here we are just 5 weeks after the fact and look who just happens to be playing for the division title and a trip tot he playoffs! Life can change on a dime My friend. This is living proof!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 2891
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, speaking directly about my thoughts on this game. I really do not see how the Boys have any chance in Hell to win this game. With Lee, Carter, Ratliff, Scandrick and a host of other players on IR AND Ware, Bryant, Murray and Claiborne playing dinged up pretty good AND the fact that we are on the road AND the fact that any other time we were in this position, See Philly 08 and NYG 11, we came up short.

About the only thing I see going in our favor, and it may be just enough, is the fact that Wash has won 6 straight games. I know it sounds ludicrous, but winning 7 straight is a tall order for any team. The fact that Dallas is coming off a loss after winning 4 of 5 games is somewhat encouraging in the ebb and flow of things.

But coming down to cases:

1. Who is healthier: Wash- No question.
2. Homefield advantage: Wash
3. Who is the hotter team right now:Wash- may work against them, as previously mentioned.
4. Turnovers: Wash defense is creating multiple TO in every game. Dallas is still turning the ball over in every game. Edge to Wash.
5. Running game: Wash- No question about it.
6. Passing game: Romo has been playing out of his head latley. Slight edge to Dal.
7. Pass rush: Ware has been a non-factor for weeks now. I know he is injured and that will severley handicap our pass rush. Edge to Wash.
8. Coaching- No brainer, Edge to Wash.
9. Spec Teams: Harris has looked good on returns and Bailey is money. Edge to Dal.


With that said, we have a tall mountain to climb if we are going to pull off a victory. But once again, it is Christmas time, the time for miracles, so..... why not?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 37196
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you can give the pass rush edge to them. They are one of the worst ranked pass defenses in the NFL. Neither their rush nor secondary are good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 2891
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
I don't think you can give the pass rush edge to them. They are one of the worst ranked pass defenses in the NFL. Neither their rush nor secondary are good.


Neither are ours. We already got beat pretty soundly by 2 rookie QB's this season and darn near another with Weedon. I don't think we even came close to sniffing Brees yesterday. He had all darn day to pick us apart.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 37196
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
I don't think you can give the pass rush edge to them. They are one of the worst ranked pass defenses in the NFL. Neither their rush nor secondary are good.


Neither are ours. We already got beat pretty soundly by 2 rookie QB's this season and darn near another with Weedon. I don't think we even came close to sniffing Brees yesterday. He had all darn day to pick us apart.


Thats not true. We almost sacked him ~2-3 times in the first drive alone.

Now, I agree that we didnt have a great game pressuring Brees. But he is a blitz killer and has a fantastic line. Not many get to brees. With out looking it up, I would be willing to bet good money that the Pass to Sack ratio in Brees is one of the lowest in the NFL.

Either way, we have much better corners. When healthy, we have better pass rushers as well.

Even as it stands, I would say we have a pretty strong advantage in pass defense over the Skins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 23937
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
I don't think we even came close to sniffing Brees yesterday. He had all darn day to pick us apart.


Well this isn't accurate at all. Hell, the very first play Hatcher blew up the line.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 2891
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
I don't think we even came close to sniffing Brees yesterday. He had all darn day to pick us apart.


Well this isn't accurate at all. Hell, the very first play Hatcher blew up the line.


Well, forgive my not being accurate as I missed the 1st quarter. But everything I watched after that was a horible display of a pass rush. Brees had all damn day. He could go thru his progressions and find the underneath guy or the TE up the seam. He did it at will fo the better part of 3 quarters.
I'm sorry if I missed Hatcher's cameo apperance in the Saints backfield. But from what I DID watch, our pass rush was non existant.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 27109
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
I don't think we even came close to sniffing Brees yesterday. He had all darn day to pick us apart.


Well this isn't accurate at all. Hell, the very first play Hatcher blew up the line.


Well, forgive my not being accurate as I missed the 1st quarter. But everything I watched after that was a horible display of a pass rush. Brees had all damn day. He could go thru his progressions and find the underneath guy or the TE up the seam. He did it at will fo the better part of 3 quarters.
I'm sorry if I missed Hatcher's cameo apperance in the Saints backfield. But from what I DID watch, our pass rush was non existant.


Pretty sure Ware almost had Brees on one play as well...actually thought or DL did a good job
_________________

^^^mack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 3 of 49

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group