Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The NFCE Title game, sponsored by the MARA penalty fund
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaBoys

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emmittsmith22 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
emmittsmith22 wrote:
If we do win we are guaranteed to play Seahawks first week of playoffs..... Did anybody just watch the 49ers Seahhawks game? Shocked

Thats not true. The Seahawks can still win the NFC West.

Oh sorry that is true, but that could only happen if the Cardinals beat the 49ers. With how awful the QB situation is for the Cardinals I can not see them pulling off the win over San Fran. However after tonights game I would much rather see us play the 49ers.

I like our chances in Dallas vs. the Seahawks and a rookie QB

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
Northland

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what it should come down to: Cowboys vs. Redskins. Reminds me of the old days. I just hope the game is close vs being over by halftime. Given the cardiac kid nature of the Cowboys, they will trail, then comeback, and then the game will be decided late. Fasten your seatbelts fellas.
matt79511

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
It's time to end this season the way we began the season. With a 2 week glorious sig bet.

It IS possible that Washington makes the playoffs as a wild card, though. Would take wins by Dallas, Detroit, and Green Bay.

That's one thing that intrigues me. How does Washington approach this game if they already have a playoff spot clinched?

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Win and In situation against our arch rival? I would not have this any other way.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
atran35

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
It's time to end this season the way we began the season. With a 2 week glorious sig bet.

It IS possible that Washington makes the playoffs as a wild card, though. Would take wins by Dallas, Detroit, and Green Bay.

That's one thing that intrigues me. How does Washington approach this game if they already have a playoff spot clinched?

They are going to go all out. They want to kill us and stick a fork in us. AS THEY SHOULD.
atran35

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game can only be won via shoot out. The OLINE must give Romo protection. I would like to see us run the ball more. The Skins seem to have problems yesterday with stopping the run. COLE BEASLEY presented a match up problem for the Skins last game. He should be utilize on 3 WR sets. I have little to NO faith in our defense. We don't seem to be able to stop teams on 3rd downs. Gerald was horrible with his tackling last game. Jenkins is fragile. Keep it close for a FG win is what I hope.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As has already been said... Shades of the good old days. Cowboys comeback machine against the hated skins for the marbles. How can you not love it?
Skinsfan13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easiest flex decision in the history of the world for NBC? Storied franchises, extremely valuable organizations, great fanbases, greatest rivalry in the history of the league, dynamic offensive talent and the division title of the league's greatest division hanging in the balance. Me thinks NBC made a mess of their trousers when they saw this potential matchup on deck a few weeks ago.
Northland

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

The Skins approach this game with a chance to end their most hated rivals season. They will be up for the game.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:
matt79511 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

The Skins approach this game with a chance to end their most hated rivals season. They will be up for the game.

But wouldn't it be funny if they got together as a big middle finger to Mara and sent the Giants packing? (Is Washington in if bears and vikes lose?)
matt79511

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:
matt79511 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

I mean, yeah, but it's something to think about. Like if Griffin starts taking some hard hits, they could throw the towel. Plus they'd be keeping the Giants (whom I would think everyone respects in spite of their poor play of late) out of the playoffs.

All contingent upon the Vikes and Bears losing, though, the latter being very unlikely.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:59 pm Post subject: Re: Greatest Rivalries

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rtnldave wrote:
I'm watching "NFL's Greatest Rivalries" on NFL Network.

10. Cowboys vs 49ers.
9. Cowboys vs Eagles.
8. Patriots vs Colts
7. Bears vs Packers
6. Cowboys vs. Steelers
5. Steelers vs Ravens
4. Browns vs Bengals
3. Patriots vs Jets
2. Raiders vs. Steelers
1. Eagles vs Giants???????

2nd. Where in the DEVIL is Cowboys vs. Redskins?????
Does this rivalry not exisist anymore. Again 2 teams that have met in multiple NFC Championship games. The Cowboys very existance is because the owner at their inception, Clint Murchison, purchased the rights to the Redskins fight song as a means to blackmale the then owner of the Redskins into allowing another team in to the league that was further south than the Redskins. These 2 teams despise one another!

3rd. Not taking anything away from Phi vs NYG but I'm sorry, Cowboys/ 49ers and Cowboys/ Redskins are wayyyyyyyyyy better rivalries. in my humble opinion.

Redskins fan wrote:

Heh you were right, the rivalrys not on the list. It got an "honorable mention." I thought for sure it was number nine but it doesn't even rank with the show.

I hate to say it but I kind of agree. The rivalry between our beloved teams hasn't been relevant since the Reagan administration, at the least. Either one or both of the teams have been mired in mediocraty or overall sucktasticness, for sometime now. A rivalry really only means something when somethings on the line. When two suckified teams face off its kind of hard to get excited to cheer about being the smartest kid in summer school.

I've been a Redskin fan all my life but in my lifetime the rivalry has been dead and Dallas week, to me, just seems like another game. Maybe its because I wasn't alive in the 70's but I just don't feel the same intensity towards the feud like other Skins and Cowboys fan. Truth is a lot of Skins and Cowboy fans, my age and younger, who I know feel the same way.

At this point when I see one of our fellow fans perpetuate the feud it seems like two mentally handicapped guys dry humping a couch yelling insults at each other. Maybe when both teams are good again and each game is must win for the division title and a high seed in the playoffs the rivalry would mean something. But for right now its who really cares?

WOW! And to think this was the mindset when I posted this only a few weeks ago! Be careful what you wish for folks, you may just get it, and sooner than you think. Shocked

P.S. Merry Christmas to all!
dahobofest

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LET'S GO COWBOYS
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVScout wrote:
In rematches the second half of the first game is often a preview of the second game. On T'giving the skins scored 10 points then but the Cowboys scored 18.

Something to think about.....
think about what the skins could of won by 14 if they wanted too.
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:
matt79511 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

we havent clintch nothing. If minny wins or bears win they take out spot.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 2 of 49

Jump to: