Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Potential playoff opponents
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
scraly47*


Joined: 28 Oct 2009
Posts: 3966
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Potential playoff opponents Reply with quote

I thought I should make this thread for the heck of it.

Let's start out with the easy ones.

We win and GB losses we are the number 2 seed.
GB wins and we win, GB is #2 and we are #3
If we somehow lose, we are the #5 seed.


Here are the list of potential opponents in the case that we are the #3 seed:

Chi Wins, we play Chi
NYG Wins/losses, Chi Loses, Dallas wins, we play washington
NYG Wins, Chi losses, Wash Wins, We play NYG
NYG Losses, Chi Loses, Wash wins, We play MN


I think I have all the potential opponents covered.
_________________


-Lork
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FG21_PW52


Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Posts: 4321
Location: 831, CA.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so our first game is most likely at home, and the second game probably on the road... if there is a third it would probably be on the road as well. Even if we do make the playoffs, Im worried. Tonight felt like a 2007-08 arse woopin' all over again.
_________________


janky wrote:
Bridgewater won't be better than Brandon Weeden
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ersfan


Joined: 21 Apr 2007
Posts: 6604
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: Potential playoff opponents Reply with quote

scraly47* wrote:
I thought I should make this thread for the heck of it.

Let's start out with the easy ones.

We win and GB losses we are the number 2 seed.
GB wins and we win, GB is #2 and we are #3
If we somehow lose, we are the #5 seed.


Here are the list of potential opponents in the case that we are the #3 seed:

Chi Wins, we play Chi
NYG Wins/losses, Chi Loses, Dallas wins, we play washington
NYG Wins, Chi losses, Wash Wins, We play NYG
NYG Losses, Chi Loses, Wash wins, We play MN


I think I have all the potential opponents covered.


Realistic scenario is 49ers and Packers win. Which means we're the 3 seed. I expect us to face the Vikings. I think we can win that game.

Seahawks are the 5 seed. Redskins the 4 seed. Seahawks win that game.

So its 49ers vs Packers at Lambeau and Seahawks at Falcons. 49ers probably lose in Lambeau (Crying or Very sad) and Seahawks beat Falcons.

Packers vs Seahawks in NFCCG, Packers win. They face the Broncos in the Super Bowl.

This is how i see things playing out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UofMfan909


Moderator
Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 29298
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: Potential playoff opponents Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
scraly47* wrote:
I thought I should make this thread for the heck of it.

Let's start out with the easy ones.

We win and GB losses we are the number 2 seed.
GB wins and we win, GB is #2 and we are #3
If we somehow lose, we are the #5 seed.


Here are the list of potential opponents in the case that we are the #3 seed:

Chi Wins, we play Chi
NYG Wins/losses, Chi Loses, Dallas wins, we play washington
NYG Wins, Chi losses, Wash Wins, We play NYG
NYG Losses, Chi Loses, Wash wins, We play MN


I think I have all the potential opponents covered.


Realistic scenario is 49ers and Packers win. Which means we're the 3 seed. I expect us to face the Vikings. I think we can win that game.

Seahawks are the 5 seed. Redskins the 4 seed. Seahawks win that game.

So its 49ers vs Packers at Lambeau and Seahawks at Falcons. 49ers probably lose in Lambeau (Crying or Very sad) and Seahawks beat Falcons.

Packers vs Seahawks in NFCCG, Packers win. They face the Broncos in the Super Bowl.

This is how i see things playing out.


I don't think we can face the Vikings if the Packers win next week.

Most realistic scenario is that it turns out like this:

1. Falcons
2. Packers
3. 49ers
4. Redskins/Cowboys
5. Seahawks
6. Bears

The six seed will most likely be Chicago - they beat Detroit and they're in. Detroit sucks. That being said, if they lose and Minnesota wins (vs GB), they're in. Both lose, and NYG beats Philly, and NYG is in. All three lose, and Minnesota takes the six seed. Chicago seems far and away the most likely team to play.

I don't like playing the same team twice. But we handled Chicago and Cutler doesn't scare me. Round two against Green Bay would, though.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scraly47*


Joined: 28 Oct 2009
Posts: 3966
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: Potential playoff opponents Reply with quote

UofMfan909 wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
scraly47* wrote:
I thought I should make this thread for the heck of it.

Let's start out with the easy ones.

We win and GB losses we are the number 2 seed.
GB wins and we win, GB is #2 and we are #3
If we somehow lose, we are the #5 seed.


Here are the list of potential opponents in the case that we are the #3 seed:

Chi Wins, we play Chi
NYG Wins/losses, Chi Loses, Dallas wins, we play washington
NYG Wins, Chi losses, Wash Wins, We play NYG
NYG Losses, Chi Loses, Wash wins, We play MN


I think I have all the potential opponents covered.


Realistic scenario is 49ers and Packers win. Which means we're the 3 seed. I expect us to face the Vikings. I think we can win that game.

Seahawks are the 5 seed. Redskins the 4 seed. Seahawks win that game.

So its 49ers vs Packers at Lambeau and Seahawks at Falcons. 49ers probably lose in Lambeau (Crying or Very sad) and Seahawks beat Falcons.

Packers vs Seahawks in NFCCG, Packers win. They face the Broncos in the Super Bowl.

This is how i see things playing out.


I don't think we can face the Vikings if the Packers win next week.

Most realistic scenario is that it turns out like this:

1. Falcons
2. Packers
3. 49ers
4. Redskins/Cowboys
5. Seahawks
6. Bears

The six seed will most likely be Chicago - they beat Detroit and they're in. Detroit sucks. That being said, if they lose and Minnesota wins (vs GB), they're in. Both lose, and NYG beats Philly, and NYG is in. All three lose, and Minnesota takes the six seed. Chicago seems far and away the most likely team to play.

I don't like playing the same team twice. But we handled Chicago and Cutler doesn't scare me. Round two against Green Bay would, though.



I used the playoff simulator and for some reasons MN is in under this: NYG Losses, Chi Loses, Wash wins, We play MN. I guess they would hold a tie breaker over the cowboys.
_________________


-Lork
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ersfan


Joined: 21 Apr 2007
Posts: 6604
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost wonder if it wouldn't be better to be the 5 seed. Here's why

1- We do better as underdogs. Look at how few people gave us a chance in the Pats game. Look how highly we got talked up afterwards as a result. We do not do better as the favourites, period.

2- If we're the 5 seed, we likely face the Redskins. Seahawks would go to 3 seed and are unstoppable at home. The likely scenario, if we win, is face the Redskins and Falcons on the road. Much better than say, going to GB as the #3 seed.

Of course, the #2 seed is still possible...and i'm not rooting for a loss even if we do end up with the 3 seed. Just saying...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scraly47*


Joined: 28 Oct 2009
Posts: 3966
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
I almost wonder if it wouldn't be better to be the 5 seed. Here's why

1- We do better as underdogs. Look at how few people gave us a chance in the Pats game. Look how highly we got talked up afterwards as a result. We do not do better as the favourites, period.

2- If we're the 5 seed, we likely face the Redskins. Seahawks would go to 3 seed and are unstoppable at home. The likely scenario, if we win, is face the Redskins and Falcons on the road. Much better than say, going to GB as the #3 seed.

Of course, the #2 seed is still possible...and i'm not rooting for a loss even if we do end up with the 3 seed. Just saying...


I understand where you are coming from. I do agree with someone's post about how we fair better against pass happy teams. So maybe it would be best if avoid washington and seattle(again). I would love to get another shot at dallas but that may not happen. I really don't like the falcons just b/c they have beaten only one team with a winning records, I believe. I think we do end up playing atl, we'll be more physical and should be able to pull out a win in the dome.
_________________


-Lork
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scraly47*


Joined: 28 Oct 2009
Posts: 3966
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't it be a great feeling if Kaeps took us into GB to beat the team he rooted for while he grew up in Wisconsin?
_________________


-Lork
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FG21_PW52


Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Posts: 4321
Location: 831, CA.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Falcons
2. Packers
3. 49ers
4. Redskins
5. Seahawks
6. Giants

Giants @ 49ers
Seahawks @ Redskins

then...

49ers @ Packers
Redskins @ Falcons

then...

49ers @ Falcons


I like our chances.
_________________


janky wrote:
Bridgewater won't be better than Brandon Weeden
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scraly47*


Joined: 28 Oct 2009
Posts: 3966
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FG21_PW52 wrote:
1. Falcons
2. Packers
3. 49ers
4. Redskins
5. Seahawks
6. Giants

Giants @ 49ers
Seahawks @ Redskins

then...

49ers @ Packers
Redskins @ Falcons

then...

49ers @ Falcons


I like our chances.


The only thing I hate about rematches in the playoffs is that the team that loses in the reg. season tend to win in the post season in a rematch, I hope I am wrong.
_________________


-Lork
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tiger9er08


Joined: 14 Nov 2009
Posts: 1386
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scraly47* wrote:
FG21_PW52 wrote:
1. Falcons
2. Packers
3. 49ers
4. Redskins
5. Seahawks
6. Giants

Giants @ 49ers
Seahawks @ Redskins

then...

49ers @ Packers
Redskins @ Falcons

then...

49ers @ Falcons


I like our chances.


The only thing I hate about rematches in the playoffs is that the team that loses in the reg. season tend to win in the post season in a rematch, I hope I am wrong.


by that logic... if we meet the Hawks in the playoffs.... Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scraly47*


Joined: 28 Oct 2009
Posts: 3966
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiger9er08 wrote:
scraly47* wrote:
FG21_PW52 wrote:
1. Falcons
2. Packers
3. 49ers
4. Redskins
5. Seahawks
6. Giants

Giants @ 49ers
Seahawks @ Redskins

then...

49ers @ Packers
Redskins @ Falcons

then...

49ers @ Falcons


I like our chances.


The only thing I hate about rematches in the playoffs is that the team that loses in the reg. season tend to win in the post season in a rematch, I hope I am wrong.


by that logic... if we meet the Hawks in the playoffs.... Wink

haha. It should be a home game too Smile. but I love our chances against the Falcons should it come down to that. ATL is a pass happy team that can't run the ball well. Their def is ok and they rely a lot on their 12th man plus they have yet to play against a physical team like ours.
_________________


-Lork
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FG21_PW52


Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Posts: 4321
Location: 831, CA.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scraly47* wrote:
FG21_PW52 wrote:
1. Falcons
2. Packers
3. 49ers
4. Redskins
5. Seahawks
6. Giants

Giants @ 49ers
Seahawks @ Redskins

then...

49ers @ Packers
Redskins @ Falcons

then...

49ers @ Falcons


I like our chances.


The only thing I hate about rematches in the playoffs is that the team that loses in the reg. season tend to win in the post season in a rematch, I hope I am wrong.


yup, evidenced last year with the Giants. but I get where you are coming from, and I too would be worried about facing the Pack. they are clicking now and getting healthy. but the playoff scenario could be completely different, so we'll see.
_________________


janky wrote:
Bridgewater won't be better than Brandon Weeden
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 27680
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is basically VERY little chance the Giants make the playoffs. The Bears would have to lose to the Lions and the Vikings would have to lose to the Packers.

We would most likely face the Bears in the WC round. Interesting game............................
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scraly47*


Joined: 28 Oct 2009
Posts: 3966
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FG21_PW52 wrote:
scraly47* wrote:
FG21_PW52 wrote:
1. Falcons
2. Packers
3. 49ers
4. Redskins
5. Seahawks
6. Giants

Giants @ 49ers
Seahawks @ Redskins

then...

49ers @ Packers
Redskins @ Falcons

then...

49ers @ Falcons


I like our chances.


The only thing I hate about rematches in the playoffs is that the team that loses in the reg. season tend to win in the post season in a rematch, I hope I am wrong.


yup, evidenced last year with the Giants. but I get where you are coming from, and I too would be worried about facing the Pack. they are clicking now and getting healthy. but the playoff scenario could be completely different, so we'll see.


but we have done a better job against pass first offenses so we'll see what happens if it comes to it. I would LOVE for kaep to take us into their home and beat them.
_________________


-Lork
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group