Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Christmas Eve Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: My Christmas Eve Mock Reply with quote

Coaches/Mgmt.
Fire Sparano, replace him with Norv Turner
Fire Tannenbaum, replace him with Tom Gamble from the Niners

Free Agency
Cuts-Pace, Scott, E. Smith, Pouha, J. Smith
Walk-Let Keller, Greene, Landry, Schilens, Hilliard, Slauson. Would love to bring back Landry, but he will command too much money.
Re-Signings: Y. Bell, I. Trufant, Cumberland, A. Howard, Folk, Mauga, B. Moore, Devito, B. Thomas, Edwards. Bell, Moore, Braylon, and Thomas should all get 1 year deals.
Signings:
QB-Matt Moore (Compete at QB)
TE-Anthony Fasano
T-Will Beatty (Compete with Howard, should be cheaper than someone like Vollmer)

Trades:
-Tebow to Jax for there 6th Round Pick
-Sanchez to Minny for a 5th Round Pick (we agree to eat 80% of Sanchez' contract; not a cap guru but maybe this gets in done)
-Kyle WIlson to Philly for there 4th round pick. The Eagles corners under performed this your and there depth is limited. Kyle adds some young depth.

2013 Draft (This is going on the assumption that we will lose our final game and get the 10th overall pick)
Trade: Trade our 10th pick to Indy for the 20th pick, 2013 3rd and 4th, plus a 2014 3rd. Reason why this works. Indy needs to add a top notch DE/OLB combo to there 3-4, especially with some aging defenders such as Freeney. We can get this trade done because of the disparity between a 10th overall pass rusher in the draft (such as a Dion Jordan or Sam Montgomery) as opposed to a 20th (Ansah from BYU). According to a draft trade value chart, we should be able to yield a 2nd and a 4th in addition to the fourth. However, although there is a disparity, I think there is enough depth that we may not be able to yield the second. This is a way to stockpile some picks as well.

1st (from Indy)- Mike Glennon, QB, NC State- I don't think he'll fall to us in the second and I still believe that Geno will come off the board first. Obviously a big need, he will compete with McElroy and Matt Moore in camp. I think there is enough of a disparity between someone like a Glennon and a Tyler Wilson to be 1st round worthy.

2- Alex Okafor, DE, Texas-Should be able to easily transition into a 3-4 OLB. Very versatile and solid pass-rush skills. Will he be as effective as someone like a Dion Jordan? Probably not, but I'll sacrifice that for the better QB.

3-Tony Jefferson, FS, Oklahoma-Again, I think Landry's price is going to be too steep. We need to look forward and it's hard to say if Josh Bush will be able to step into Landry's shoes. Tony is a solid safety who can cover and could be a solid pick for us.

3 (from Indy)- Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon-Top end speed and a ton of potential. Yes, he's raw, but could develop into a solid complementary back for Bilal. Very good out of the backfield as well. Similar game to Reggie Bush in my opinion.

4 (from Philly)-Tank Carradine, DE, Florida State-Another strong pass rusher who can transition into a 3-4 OLB. Is not polished and will need time to develop, but will be behind Thomas on the depth chart and can earn a chance to start next year.

4-Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M-A sure-handed WR who will add much needed depth to the Jets roster.

4 (from Indy)- Dion Sims, TE, Michigan State. A big TE who's fast and could be the dynamic receiving TE that we've needed on this team.

5-Brian Winters, G, Kent State-Adds much needed depth. Very good in both the running and passing game and could surpass Ducasse in camp as the starting LG.

5 (from Minny)-Zach Line, FB, SMU-We need a solid FB and Zach is one of the best in the draft. Strong blocking skills, but he's sub 4.6 speed could make him an excellent weapon as well.

6 (from Jax)-Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma-Depth

6-Marcus Lattimore, RB, SC-Why not?

7-Ryan Lacy, CB, Utah-Depth

Depth:
QB: Glennon, Moore, McElroy
RB: Powell, Barner, McKnight, Lattimore
FB: Line
WR: Holmes, Edwards, Kerley, Hill, Swope
TE: Sims, Fasano, Cumberland
LT: Ferguson, L. Johnson
LG: Winters, Ducasse
C: Mangold
RG: B. Moore
RT: Beatty, Howard

LE: Coples, Devito
NT: Ellis, Harrison
RE: Wilkerson
LOLB: B. Thomas, Carradine
MLB: Harris, Mauga
MLB: Davis
ROLB: Okafor, McIntyre
CB: Revis, Cromartie , Berry, Walls, Trufant, Lacy
FS: Jefferson, Bush
SS: Bell, Allen

K-Folk
P-Malone
ukjets21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lattimore won't make the 6th, Michael Bush didn't.

Adopt a Jet: Sheldon Richardson

Tackles - 77
Sacks - 3.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
4 Carries - 4 Yards - 2 TDs
skrILL

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukjets21 wrote:

Totally different injuries.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukjets21 wrote:
Lattimore might not have his first run in the NFL until 2014
JETSsuperbowl43

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this mock, especially drafting Mike Glennon and hiring Turner and Gamble.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indy won't trade a 1,3,4 after trading their 2 to Miami that'll leave them with 1 pick in the 1st 4 rounds

Also I'm not a fan of it we need to be realistic when we hire a new GM no guy is going to come here and play 2nd fiddle to Woody when it comes to big moves

We'd be lucky to get a competent GM unless Woody changes his meddling ways

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
NY_Jets87

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
ukjets21 wrote:

Totally different injuries.

Exactly. Though Bush was serious as he has a metal rod in his leg. Lattimore Tore 3 ligaments. It was a nasty looking injury.

Mack on the Sig
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of a QB in the 1st I think it is a waste of a pick. You have to take BPA at G/WR/OLB no QB is going to play well without weapons and a line.Not to mention I don't like any QB in the 1st that goes for Geno too.
ukjets21

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
ukjets21 wrote:
Lattimore might not have his first run in the NFL until 2014

Bush missed his entire rookie season. I know they aren't the same injuries but they're both devastating injuries which totally destroyed their stock from first rounders.

Adopt a Jet: Sheldon Richardson

Tackles - 77
Sacks - 3.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
4 Carries - 4 Yards - 2 TDs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: