Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Giving Dez some love!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fredsnotdeadyet wrote:
Again I AM PROUD OF THE DALLAS COWBOYS!!!!!!! Lets get this win against the Redskins and make some noise this year, put the league on notice. Playoffs start next week for us.

The last few weeks, I have started to believe in this team. I knew we would come back against New Orleans.

Obviously, we have some improving to do...but damn, for the first time in a long time, I honestly think we're moving in the right direction.

^^^mack
fredsnotdeadyet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
fredsnotdeadyet wrote:
Again I AM PROUD OF THE DALLAS COWBOYS!!!!!!! Lets get this win against the Redskins and make some noise this year, put the league on notice. Playoffs start next week for us.

The last few weeks, I have started to believe in this team. I knew we would come back against New Orleans.

Obviously, we have some improving to do...but damn, for the first time in a long time, I honestly think we're moving in the right direction.

I mean I noticed the whole season that this team never eas out of the game and would come back just to fall short at the end, now they are finishing not including the Saints game on a freaky fumble bounce. The only 2 games we have not been in was Bears and Seahawks which I think if we played them again id would be different.

On top of all that we have been killed with injuries and still keep fighting every play. Good things are starting to happen with this team, wish Garrett would give up play calling to Callahan though.

props to Joe_is_the_best
Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fredsnotdeadyet wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
fredsnotdeadyet wrote:

I mean I noticed the whole season that this team never eas out of the game and would come back just to fall short at the end, now they are finishing not including the Saints game on a freaky fumble bounce. The only 2 games we have not been in was Bears and Seahawks which I think if we played them again id would be different.

On top of all that we have been killed with injuries and still keep fighting every play. Good things are starting to happen with this team, wish Garrett would give up play calling to Callahan though.

I really think some of the calls would work if guys would just execute them correctly.

That said, I'm on the 'Bring Norv to Dallas' bandwagon. I think it would not only help out Garrett to have an experienced coach around, but I really think Norv could get the most out of Murray and our offensive players.

^^^mack
fredsnotdeadyet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea sometimes Garrett calls great plays but those 2nd and long and we run the ball isnt going to work but seems every game we do that same play on 2nd down.

I also would like Norv to come back wouldn't mind it at all, every little bit helps. I like Garrett as HC but untill he is more experienced he needs to work win a OC and let him call the plays during the game, he can help put the game plan together but the 1st half of games are terrible.

I will say though it looks like we finally make adjustments at half time this year. Last game was the first time all year we had scored more then 11 points in the first half. Thats why we are always playing from behind and look better. Run some no huddle through out the game and our offense does extremely better

props to Joe_is_the_best
Captain Zapp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What impresses me the most is that after his big td's he doesnt talk trash or do some silly dance. He just crosses his arms, congratulates his team mates, and goes to the sidelines. I think all the critisicm he recieved early in his career might actually have benefited him. You could really see how much he has matured in the previous game against washington when Deangelo hall took that cheap shot at him. Now we are seeing it in his play as well.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Northland wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Seen too many one year wonders in my time but ill hope he repeats the second half all of next season.

I appreciate the caution re the one year wonders, but we have all known that Dez possessed the physical tools and now he has put it together. I am not worried about a step back next year.

Money and success can ruin the best of people. See Doug Free

Dez is a different kind of player though. This guy was giving it his all when the entire team had basically mailed it in back in 2010. I don't expect him to take a step back after getting a contract extension, if anything he'll play even better.

I hope you're right but I want him to earn it / prove it before I anoint him

That's the right perspective, MH. While I think he's proven it already, I completely respect and appreciate your desire to see it for an entire season before rewarding him with that title.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
THE BIG CHEEZE

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Northland wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Seen too many one year wonders in my time but ill hope he repeats the second half all of next season.

I appreciate the caution re the one year wonders, but we have all known that Dez possessed the physical tools and now he has put it together. I am not worried about a step back next year.

Money and success can ruin the best of people. See Doug Free

Dez is a different kind of player though. This guy was giving it his all when the entire team had basically mailed it in back in 2010. I don't expect him to take a step back after getting a contract extension, if anything he'll play even better.

I hope you're right but I want him to earn it / prove it before I anoint him

That's the right perspective, MH. While I think he's proven it already, I completely respect and appreciate your desire to see it for an entire season before rewarding him with that title.

That is not the right perspective. Dez has proven he can take a beating on and off the field. He's proven he is winner, competitor, a pro bowl W.R.
As for hoping he does it for a full season, understand part of that. The money has nothing to do with it unless you don't pay him, he has earned it by sacrificing his body many times in the name of the star. By pulling this wait and see crap with a bonafide stud, you risk the chance of creating a cancer on a team. He like all NFL players can get hurt or fall off. To say that he hasn't earned or proved it, is foolish at best. To say you want him to get better and continue to get better would be the right perspective. Also Doug Free and Dez Bryant have nothing in common. Dez was a first round pick and has been used to being the star. Doug free had one good season and thats it. Bryan has been solid only to have his seasons cut short. He also has been better every year since he has been drafted.
be WARE94

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg if dez can put it all together and do ALL of next year what he did the 2nd half of this season Shocked sky is the limit and with an improved o line Pray
/healthy murray we may not have to play catch up all next year and keep utilizing the play action which makes tonys job so much easier....i'm getting giddy and ahead of myself now Very Happy

[quote="Tzimisce"]Was Romo playing sarcastaball?
Plat wrote:
"]i swear this guy be trolling
cromagnum

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Dez makes the probowl..He was poor the first half of the season but has been the best WR in football the second half of the season..Probowl personally has never been that important to me..Watching Dez finally become the player he can be and help the Cowboys win games is the most important in the end..I can finally wear my Dez jersey with pride.. Very Happy
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cromagnum wrote:
I wonder if Dez makes the probowl..He was poor the first half of the season but has been the best WR in football the second half of the season..Probowl personally has never been that important to me..Watching Dez finally become the player he can be and help the Cowboys win games is the most important in the end..I can finally wear my Dez jersey with pride.. Very Happy

I have a feeling he will be. Its a popularity contest, and he has been one of the hottest receivers in recent weeks

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
textaz03

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
cromagnum wrote:

I have a feeling he will be. Its a popularity contest, and he has been one of the hottest receivers in recent weeks
he was not voted in!!! See NFC roster I just posted up

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: