Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Giving Dez some love!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emmittsmith22

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dez is 1st in receiving touchdowns and 8th in receiving yards with only 24 yards keeping him from being 4th. 3rd in total points excluding kickers. I'm sorry but thats ELITE in my book.

ZAX
Tony7188

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
jsnydes wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
He's on the cusp - I pray he keeps progressing and becomes elite

He's elite in my book.

If he puts up 1500+ and 15+ next season I could see it but at this point he's had a bad half and a phenomenal half season. Too early to crown him

So Megatron wasn't elite this year?

1500+ yards and 15+ TDs is ridiculous to expect from any WR. His play has the second half of the season has made him elite.

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Northland

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dez is elite. As others have said the proverbial light went on for him. He is dominating games.
matt79511

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, based on those criteria, no receiver was elite this year, and Bryant's the only one with a shot (and it would take a performance as ridiculous as yesterday's next week). Tbh I can't think of any receivers to put up 1500/15 other than Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, and Calvin Johnson. Bryant seems capable, though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
jsnydes wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
He's on the cusp - I pray he keeps progressing and becomes elite

He's elite in my book.

If he puts up 1500+ and 15+ next season I could see it but at this point he's had a bad half and a phenomenal half season. Too early to crown him
he's already got more TDs than any #88 in cowboys history. 15+ would be thevfranchise record.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emmittsmith22 wrote:
Dez is 1st in receiving touchdowns and 8th in receiving yards with only 24 yards keeping him from being 4th. 3rd in total points excluding kickers. I'm sorry but thats ELITE in my book.
2nd behind James jones, but still nice (and still one game to go)
dahobofest

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What has made Dez so good is his strength coming back to the ball. He boxes out the corner, comes back to the ball, and catches it with strong hands.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen too many one year wonders in my time but ill hope he repeats the second half all of next season.

Sig courtesy of mack.
Northland

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Seen too many one year wonders in my time but ill hope he repeats the second half all of next season.

I appreciate the caution re the one year wonders, but we have all known that Dez possessed the physical tools and now he has put it together. I am not worried about a step back next year.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

I appreciate the caution re the one year wonders, but we have all known that Dez possessed the physical tools and now he has put it together. I am not worried about a step back next year.

Money and success can ruin the best of people. See Doug Free

Sig courtesy of mack.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Northland wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Dez is a different kind of player though. This guy was giving it his all when the entire team had basically mailed it in back in 2010. I don't expect him to take a step back after getting a contract extension, if anything he'll play even better.

^^^mack
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Northland wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Dez is a different kind of player though. This guy was giving it his all when the entire team had basically mailed it in back in 2010. I don't expect him to take a step back after getting a contract extension, if anything he'll play even better.

I hope you're right but I want him to earn it / prove it before I anoint him

Sig courtesy of mack.
Northland

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am more concerned about off the field stuff impacting him to tell the truth.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:

I think he's put that behind him.

Dez's issues weren't near as severe as some other players' around the league, but because of the team he plays for they were magnified.

He has abided by the rules set forth by his friend David Wells and has really come along as a football player and a person the last few months. He has the support of veteran guys like Witten and Romo, and I think he finally 'gets' that he needed to grow up and earn his place in the league so he can provide for his two children.

^^^mack
fredsnotdeadyet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:

I wish people would stop with the whole off the field issues with Dez. Dang c'mon people Dez has giving everything he has into this team, has constantly gotten better each week and does everything he is suppose to as far as curfew and all. I would take a team full of Dez then someone like Pacman or Stallworth etc.

Dez doesn't do drugs or drink and drive, manslaughter or gun charges. He has lied to NCAA about a meeting with Deion, had baggy jeans, didn't pay for his jewerly, refused to carry Roy's pads at practice. WOW just read that and tell me how that is anything of concern.

The only thing was the assault charge that we really have no idea what really happened with his whole momma thing but he has learned from those things.

Tired of Cowboys fans that refuse to say postive things about the team. Hate this negative stuff, I for one am proud of the Dallas Cowboys especially Dez Bryant. We have played sloppy and I hate to lose but this team refuses to give up, they keep fighting no matter what happens. The death of Jerry Brown seems to really brought this team together.

Again I AM PROUD OF THE DALLAS COWBOYS!!!!!!! Lets get this win against the Redskins and make some noise this year, put the league on notice. Playoffs start next week for us.

props to Joe_is_the_best

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: