Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Game Ball and Jock Straps.... Saints at Cowboys.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
CowboysTilIDie


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 3716
Location: Amarillo, TX
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
mco65 wrote:
GB: has to go to Dez. Romo had a big game but too many times we needed to pick up a 3rd down we failed... some of that is on him.

JS: Garrett.. i know the defense was horrid but considering the situation I will give them a pass.. Two things that I don't understand.. they never tried to run the ball at all, entire game.. regardless of score.. they were not gonna run.. and the over time offensive series.. shoulda went no huddle.. it worked late in the game, should have kept it going.. i got to give Garret the JS for those 2 confusing decisions...


LMFAO - Some people can't be satisfied. Down by 14 with under 5 to go and Romo puts the team on his shoulders and carries them to OT. But a low 3rd down % that's partly on him and everyone else disqualifies all of that


Not to mention Murray's fumble that gift wrapped a TD for NO. That on Garrett too? Or Mile's huge drops?
_________________

Thanks for the sig LORK!

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShineOnStar


Joined: 19 Feb 2012
Posts: 561
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
mco65 wrote:
GB: has to go to Dez. Romo had a big game but too many times we needed to pick up a 3rd down we failed... some of that is on him.

JS: Garrett.. i know the defense was horrid but considering the situation I will give them a pass.. Two things that I don't understand.. they never tried to run the ball at all, entire game.. regardless of score.. they were not gonna run.. and the over time offensive series.. shoulda went no huddle.. it worked late in the game, should have kept it going.. i got to give Garret the JS for those 2 confusing decisions...


LMFAO - Some people can't be satisfied. Down by 14 with under 5 to go and Romo puts the team on his shoulders and carries them to OT. But a low 3rd down % that's partly on him and everyone else disqualifies all of that


Not to mention Murray's fumble that gift wrapped a TD for NO. That on Garrett too? Or Mile's huge drops?


You simply can't give the JS to Miles, he redeemed all with that 4th down catch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 20860
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Game Ball: No one. We lost.

Jock Straps: Rob Ryan for never putting a defender on a RB or on Jimmy Graham. Inexcusable.


So Plan you truly believe RR just didn't assign anyone to a RB or Jimmy Graham? Or, do you think its a better possibility that one of the players simply blew their assignment? Come on, man.


If it happened once, I'd go with a blown assignment. But 5 times with Graham and 4 times with the RBs does not equate to blown assignments. That equates to poor play calling.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 20860
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

waremd wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Game Ball: No one. We lost.

Jock Straps: Rob Ryan for never putting a defender on a RB or on Jimmy Graham. Inexcusable.


I really hate your attitude, never happy with anything.. Just go away already.


How about this? Ignore me and shut your mouth. If you don't pay attention to my posts - which point out truths - then you won't have anything to hate.

You're welcome.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 45449
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Game Ball: No one. We lost.

Jock Straps: Rob Ryan for never putting a defender on a RB or on Jimmy Graham. Inexcusable.


So Plan you truly believe RR just didn't assign anyone to a RB or Jimmy Graham? Or, do you think its a better possibility that one of the players simply blew their assignment? Come on, man.


If it happened once, I'd go with a blown assignment. But 5 times with Graham and 4 times with the RBs does not equate to blown assignments. That equates to poor play calling.


Combine that with about 10 or 12 times we've had 9 or 10 or 12 defenders on the field and its time to buy a new tv and pull the remote our of the old one
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 20860
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
mco65 wrote:
GB: has to go to Dez. Romo had a big game but too many times we needed to pick up a 3rd down we failed... some of that is on him.

JS: Garrett.. i know the defense was horrid but considering the situation I will give them a pass.. Two things that I don't understand.. they never tried to run the ball at all, entire game.. regardless of score.. they were not gonna run.. and the over time offensive series.. shoulda went no huddle.. it worked late in the game, should have kept it going.. i got to give Garret the JS for those 2 confusing decisions...


LMFAO - Some people can't be satisfied. Down by 14 with under 5 to go and Romo puts the team on his shoulders and carries them to OT. But a low 3rd down % that's partly on him and everyone else disqualifies all of that


Not to mention Murray's fumble that gift wrapped a TD for NO. That on Garrett too? Or Mile's huge drops?


Murray's fumble should not have prevented us from attempting to establish the running game. We did a very poor job of that throughout the game. We ran the ball 11 times to 43 passes, and we stopped running the ball before we went down by 14. I think that's what he was talking about. Our game plan going in seemed to be the expectation of a shootout without the attempt to slow the game down to try to keep the Saints' offense off the field.

Don't get me wrong; Romo was brilliant given the physical limitations of the o-line and how little we ran the ball. There's no way that we could've been in a position to come back from that deficit had he not been behind center, but if we ran the ball, there's a better chance that we may not have been behind by so much given how poor the Saints' run defense is.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 20860
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Game Ball: No one. We lost.

Jock Straps: Rob Ryan for never putting a defender on a RB or on Jimmy Graham. Inexcusable.


So Plan you truly believe RR just didn't assign anyone to a RB or Jimmy Graham? Or, do you think its a better possibility that one of the players simply blew their assignment? Come on, man.


If it happened once, I'd go with a blown assignment. But 5 times with Graham and 4 times with the RBs does not equate to blown assignments. That equates to poor play calling.


Combine that with about 10 or 12 times we've had 9 or 10 or 12 defenders on the field and its time to buy a new tv and pull the remote our of the old one


I can't begin to describe how irritated I get when I see that crap. We've played 9 or 10 men on defense at least once per game for the ENTIRE season. What the hell is wrong with this squad when the coaching staff can't even get the correct number of players on the field? Given the litany of injuries we have on defense and STILL have these problems, it falls on the coaching staff, not the players. THAT'S on Rob Ryan.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GeneralDissaray


Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Posts: 5507
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe nobody gave a gameball to the Giants. Because of their loss, next week vs Washington is for the division.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dirk Gently


Joined: 04 Jun 2008
Posts: 6262
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
mco65 wrote:
GB: has to go to Dez. Romo had a big game but too many times we needed to pick up a 3rd down we failed... some of that is on him.

JS: Garrett.. i know the defense was horrid but considering the situation I will give them a pass.. Two things that I don't understand.. they never tried to run the ball at all, entire game.. regardless of score.. they were not gonna run.. and the over time offensive series.. shoulda went no huddle.. it worked late in the game, should have kept it going.. i got to give Garret the JS for those 2 confusing decisions...


LMFAO - Some people can't be satisfied. Down by 14 with under 5 to go and Romo puts the team on his shoulders and carries them to OT. But a low 3rd down % that's partly on him and everyone else disqualifies all of that


For the second time in as many years, romo goes off for a nearly perfect game, 4TDs, 0 INTs, and this time over 400 yds.... And he's criticized
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Football Mensa


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 621
Location: Texas via Louisiana and I love being Cajun...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest Jock Strap goes to Jerry who wasted the prime years of the core. Also to Jerry for not creating a culture of winning and again Dallas is mediocre this season.

Question for Cowboys fans.....would you want to slip into the playoffs at 9-7 and get slapped out of the first round in embarrassing fashion or finish 8-8 ? Realistically looking at the other teams in the nfc , who would be favored to beat ?
_________________
A circle. The direction the Cowboys continue to travel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spends


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 934
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Biggest Jock Strap goes to Jerry who wasted the prime years of the core. Also to Jerry for not creating a culture of winning and again Dallas is mediocre this season.

Question for Cowboys fans.....would you want to slip into the playoffs at 9-7 and get slapped out of the first round in embarrassing fashion or finish 8-8 ? Realistically looking at the other teams in the nfc , who would be favored to beat ?


You are asking would I rather...

1) Lose to the Redskins, a rival of ours, for the second time this season and removing us from the playoffs to draft ~3-5 spots higher.

2) Beat the Redskins, potentially kicking them out of the playoffs along with the Giants (two rivals of ours) and playing in the playoffs....and drafting ~3-5 spots later.


yeah....I can't imagine anyone would rather lose at this point in the season.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
htfryar


Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 11037
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
waremd wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Game Ball: No one. We lost.

Jock Straps: Rob Ryan for never putting a defender on a RB or on Jimmy Graham. Inexcusable.


I really hate your attitude, never happy with anything.. Just go away already.


How about this? Ignore me and shut your mouth. If you don't pay attention to my posts - which point out truths - then you won't have anything to hate.

You're welcome.


I'm going to try to play peacemaker here.

Waremd, like others have said, if you don't like something someone has said, just ignore them. Yes, Plan is an abrasive, generally negative poster. We all know that's his schtick and most of us just choose not to respond. If we all agreed on everything, this place would be pretty damn boring. Telling Plan to go away isn't going to make the situation better.

Plan, you have been around here for a long time. Lately, when you post it usually seems that you are only doing so in order to point out something the team did wrong. That's perfectly fine. But, sometimes the way you do it is pretty abrasive and condescending. Telling someone to shut their mouth is not neccessary. He has every bit as much of a right to his opinion as you do.

Both of you guys are good posters and make this forum bette rin your own way. Why don't you both just move along before this escalates and warnings are issued.
_________________


"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
matt79511


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 3499
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Question for Cowboys fans.....would you want to slip into the playoffs at 9-7 and get slapped out of the first round in embarrassing fashion or finish 8-8 ? Realistically looking at the other teams in the nfc , who would be favored to beat ?


Higher draft position is one of the most overrated things amongst fans. It matters so far as securing the elite quarterback(s) at the top of the draft, but, otherwise, it doesn't really matter. The best scouting departments/front offices are going to end up with the best players, period.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dirk Gently


Joined: 04 Jun 2008
Posts: 6262
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Biggest Jock Strap goes to Jerry who wasted the prime years of the core. Also to Jerry for not creating a culture of winning and again Dallas is mediocre this season.

Question for Cowboys fans.....would you want to slip into the playoffs at 9-7 and get slapped out of the first round in embarrassing fashion or finish 8-8 ? Realistically looking at the other teams in the nfc , who would be favored to beat ?

Gotta majorly disagree that we'd be slipping into the playoffs. Limping, defensively, to be sure, but hardly slipping in when you beat the division. Champ for the division championship in their house as a 5point underdog.

If Dallas plays in January, they'll have earned it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
htfryar


Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 11037
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Question for Cowboys fans.....would you want to slip into the playoffs at 9-7 and get slapped out of the first round in embarrassing fashion or finish 8-8 ? Realistically looking at the other teams in the nfc , who would be favored to beat ?


A playoff berth, even if it is a 1st round knockout, is always better than not making the playoffs. Making the playoffs would also be more ammo for those of us who think Jason Garrett has this team headed in the right direction to use against the haters.
_________________


"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group