Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Good, Bad, Ugly: Week 15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Too add what you said he has been one of the more solid tacklers for us this season.

This. Very impressed with his ability to bring down guys in the open field. He missed some (taking bad angles in most cases) when he started getting playing time but not anymore.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Too add what you said he has been one of the more solid tacklers for us this season.

This. Very impressed with his ability to bring down guys in the open field. He missed some (taking bad angles in most cases) when he started getting playing time but not anymore.

As said, I've picked up on this as well. I think the more playing time and coaching is really rubbing off on him. Imo Branch should be looking over his shoulder after the way he's played this season and with Mitchell's progression
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Complain about him all you want (I know I will) but Leinart did drive our team down the field a few times. Which means it wasn't a complete nosedive

Guy could barely complete anything that wasn't a screen. Knapp probably had to dial up those quick slants just for him.

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Desmond Bryant, and Lamarr Houston really stuck out to me.

This has been a reoccurring theme as of late

I'd put Mitchell and Burris in there as well.

+1, Mitch is a guy I've been watching improve all year. He's a solid blitzer and improving in coverage. I forgot to mention Houston being an animal again. He was held like half the time I watched him and it never got called. And he still almost got to Cam numerous times even dealing with that and being slower than Newton. Hope all 4 can continue this trend.

Easy there, on Mitchell. He's done his job the past couple games but improving all year is a stretch. His biggest strength has been him as a blitzer. I use to be a big supporter of him but he's brought back very little as a 2nd rounder. He's another scholarship guy of Al's that shoulda been gone long ago. He's all we have at this point but I hope we can get better depth. Don't wanna hear the "but he'll be cheap" argument either. Doesn't make up for the missed assignments on Special Teams and blown coverages in the red zone he's been responsible of the past couple years. I still remember him getting lit up by Gates with a bad foot last year.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
dmac505

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Complain about him all you want (I know I will) but Leinart did drive our team down the field a few times. Which means it wasn't a complete nosedive

Guy could barely complete anything that wasn't a screen. Knapp probably had to dial up those quick slants just for him.

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Darkness wrote:

+1, Mitch is a guy I've been watching improve all year. He's a solid blitzer and improving in coverage. I forgot to mention Houston being an animal again. He was held like half the time I watched him and it never got called. And he still almost got to Cam numerous times even dealing with that and being slower than Newton. Hope all 4 can continue this trend.

Easy there, on Mitchell. He's done his job the past couple games but improving all year is a stretch. His biggest strength has been him as a blitzer. I use to be a big supporter of him but he's brought back very little as a 2nd rounder. He's another scholarship guy of Al's that shoulda been gone long ago. He's all we have at this point but I hope we can get better depth. Don't wanna hear the "but he'll be cheap" argument either. Doesn't make up for the missed assignments on Special Teams and blown coverages in the red zone he's been responsible of the past couple years. I still remember him getting lit up by Gates with a bad foot last year.

Yea he used to be brutal... but as of late he has been holding his own.
I doubt this new era puts to much wait on what happened in past seasons, except for players like DMC who were good in past but bad this year

Id be really disappointed if we dont keep mitchell around as depth, i see no reason not to.. plus he is one of the guys that loves being a raider... we need those players
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Darkness wrote:

Mitchell played just as good or better in coverage than Branch his entire time hear so I dont think that is really a reason to let him go. Past doesnt matter anyways with the new regime. They could have got rid of him easily this year if they wanted to. Its about what each guy did this season, that is the only thing they will evaluate.
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitchell deserves to be on this team next year.

He's one of the few guys who plays with fire/passion and WANTS to be a Raider. In terms of his play, he is a solid backup/special teams player. He is good in pursuit & does a great job of wrapping up the player for the tackle. He's almost a sure thing in the open field. I'm not sure why you would let something like that go for the role/price he would be playing for.

Speaking of wrapping up...Miles Burris really needs to do a better job finishing a tackle. He lets far too many slip away. I really like what he has done though for most of the season. I can't be too picky with a rookie 4th round pick from SDSU starting at LB since day one.

Houston & Bryant stood out once again.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gaither has look like and upgrade from rolo. make some good tackles last few weeks.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody mentioned Chekwa?

Quote:
Chimdi Chekwa played only 16 snaps vs Carolina, 5 on D, 11 on ST. In that time he forced a fumble on S/T & deflected a pass which Burris INT

Yet Burris gets all the attention

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Nobody mentioned Chekwa?

Quote:
Chimdi Chekwa played only 16 snaps vs Carolina, 5 on D, 11 on ST. In that time he forced a fumble on S/T & deflected a pass which Burris INT

why he was on PS all season ill never know....another great move by the front office Rolling Eyes

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Nobody mentioned Chekwa?

Quote:

why he was on PS all season ill never know....another great move by the front office Rolling Eyes

He was getting beat constantly in preseason. My guess is maybe the time on PS got him more disciplined. Still too early to tell if he's turned it around, but his effort Sunday should still be acknowledged.

SaveourSonics wrote:
BigMike1b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
gaither has look like and upgrade from rolo. make some good tackles last few weeks.

I hope we re-sign him to 1-year minimum deal. Decent back up with starting experience.

2012 Adopt a Raider: DE Lamarr Houston

Silver&Black88 with the sweet sig!
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Nobody mentioned Chekwa?

Quote:

He was getting beat constantly in preseason. My guess is maybe the time on PS got him more disciplined. Still too early to tell if he's turned it around, but his effort Sunday should still be acknowledged.

well carson looked like crap in the preseason also. hell 80% of the team looked like crap. only good thing i remember about preseason was tp vrs det. CC looked ok last year before he got injured then he got phased out this year in the preseason.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
Chali21

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Nobody mentioned Chekwa?

Quote:

well carson looked like crap in the preseason also. hell 80% of the team looked like crap. only good thing i remember about preseason was tp vrs det. CC looked ok last year before he got injured then he got phased out this year in the preseason.

For a second I didn't know who CC was. Lol but on the real I think being on the practice squad really benefited him, he keeps making plays the staff won't be able to keep him out of games.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Nobody mentioned Chekwa?

Quote:

At least they kept him over DVD....

And with you it doesn't matter, if we played him and he sucked you would say "another great move by the FO." Hindsight will do that to ya. You have to judge it by the time it was made, and at the time, he was burnt toast in the pre season who was best suited developing on the PS. Comparing a 2nd year CB to Carson Palmer is pretty funny too, if you think those situations are the same, well then Idk what to say.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Darkness wrote:

So despite his improvements, we should cut him because he got burnt once in his 3rd year by a HOF TE? Or because he missed a ST assignment? If the guy earns a spot, he earns a spot. Which IMO he has. He showed just as many positives if not more than he did negatives in his first few years, and it's expected for a young DB to make mistakes anyway. Don't blame him for being drafted too early.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: