Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Leisher's newest mock, for entertainment purposes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jleisher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Leisher's newest mock, for entertainment purposes. Reply with quote

****Warning, this mock is for entertainment purposes only. I am not a Pro scout, nor do I claim to have insider information like some claim. So, if your not willing to be open minded and you think you have all the answers, then don't bother to read this mock.********

I get my information from reading other web-sites and placing a player with what I think fits the Packers systems into my drafts.

Remember, when you draft good players it is very possible that good players might be released. As of this mock, I haven't heard any positive or negitive reports on Quarless, Bulaga and Sherrod.

So, this is how I see the Packers needs, OL, RB, WR, DL, TE and DBs.

So, this is only a draft. No 53 man roster, cuts, releases, or resigns.

1st rd (#25-32) I have 3 names, Terrance Williams WR, Barrett Jones OL and Eric Fisher OL. It only makes sense to me with the injuries and lack of depth at center to take (BARRETT JONES OL ALABAMA). He can play any spot on the OL. We are not sure whether Saturday, Bulaga or Sherrod will be ready or with the team next year.

2nd rd (#57-64) The 3 names I got for this pick are Cordarrelle Patterson WR, Chase Thomas OLB/ILB and Sylvester Williams NT.
As much as we need a WR, I went with (CHASE THOMAS LB Stanford).
He playes inside or out and has a high football IQ. Darn good pass rusher and has a knack for causing turnovers. Again, unsure on what Smith, Bishop and Perry will bring to the table next season. Jones has played very well and deserves a spot. Bishop or Smith could be this years Nick Barnett. You can't keep everyone, maybe even Zombo.

3rd rd (#89-96) Only one name stood out at me, and he fills a big need.
(STEPFAN TAYLOR RB Stanford) Fits the Packers one cut running style and can catch the ball out of the backfield and holds up as a blocker. I think Taylor, Green and Harris will be the main 3 RBs. #4 could be Johnny White or a veteran like Grant or Benson. I would prefer Grant over Benson.

4th rd (#121-128) Here is where we get our WR to replace Jennings and Driver. Although, I think it is possible for Jennings to be tagged and given a year to prove he is over the injury bug. Joining Cobb, Nelson, Jones and Boykins in WR corps is (STEDMAN BAILEY W.Virginia). Smart route runner with excellent hand/eye coordination and natural hand catcher. So, if Jennings stays this allows Bailey a year to get adjusted to the Packers system.

Comp pick (Flynn) DL help is needed, someone athletic and versatile, being able to play any DL spot. (ABRY JONES DL Georgia), plays with quickness, balance and power. Has good movement, and could add some positive weight to play NT.

5th rd (#153-160) Everyone is talking about cutting Finley or Quarless. One of the two has to stay, other then that I see Crabtree and Taylor as locks. So, this pick I go with (RYAN OTTEN TE San Jose St.). Big, athletic catching TE. Blocking needs some work. Finley or Quarless, you decide and Otten, Crabtree and Taylor as our TE.

6th rd (#185-192) I bet the Raiders take him higher, but the rankings I read has him at this spot. (TYRANN MATTIEU S/CB/RS LSU), big play-maker ability as a DB and RS. I know his off field problems scare some, but what better place to focus on football then Green Bay. Little risk in the 6th rd, with possible high rewards if he gets his life together. Some of you experts will laugh, but I think he could fill Woodson's role and with Woodson's tutoring could be a steal.

7th rd (#217-223) (JORDAN KOVAS SS Michigan), ST stud that replaces Bush. He's a savvy defender and has a nose for the football. Masters the lanes and angles and play aggressivily.

Now, I read up on Zach Brown K Portland St. Set school records and has a big time leg that can kick FGs from 50+ yards. I could see TT bring in someone to challenge Crosby and even beat out the veteran.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: