Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PostGame: Packers (55) over Titans (7)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RG25

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a blast at the game. It is a lot different watching the game in person. Lambeau field on game day is amazing, nothing else like it. The Pack needed a win like this one. I think Ryan Grant may be back, he ran hard, a few more carries and he could have cracked 100 yards. Hopefully Cobb isn't hurt too bad.
tabbaker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
MM stated that Cobb's injury does not appear to be serious.

right ankle sprain.

So he'll be back next season
blueswedeshoes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tabbaker wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

right ankle sprain.

Yes, but there are a few intermediate steps first. We are at the "not too serious" stage of the meme.

Next is the "taking longer than we thought" stage.

Followed by the "Team physicians want another MRI" stage.

Then IR.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blueswedeshoes wrote:
tabbaker wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

right ankle sprain.

Yes, but there are a few intermediate steps first. We are at the "not too serious" stage of the meme.

Then IR.

Funniest thing I've read in quite a while. Absolutely spot on.
Blink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not care how bad the team may be, or what injuries they have, a blowout of that magnitude on the professional level is impressive. I saw quite a bit of people saying we were running up the score...before halftime. I hate this mentality. First of all its your damn job to go out there and compete, don't tell us to stop just because you never started. Secondly: we need the reps. We have a lot of back ups in as well as reintegrating starters coming back from injury. Those are valuable snaps to a guy like EDS.

Game notes:

Arod went Arod. He had a few misses(eg Jennings on the sideline) but overall he decimated that defense. Not sure why you put 8 in the box vs us, or only a single high safety, but Aaron took everything they gave him. I'm also not sure why you would ever play so far off of our WRs. I know you have to protect yourself deep, but Aaron will chew you up all day if you give him easy looks.
Jones is really havving a tremendous year. He's been eating man coverage alive this year. Really benefitting from Jordy previous success and Randalls recent emergence, he's taking advantage of his matchups. Such a valuable guy to this team, it was a blessing no one grabbed him in free agency.

Cobb needs to be a Packer for life. Such a smart play on that kickoff. I knew he was going to be a versatile guy, but I'm really surprised at his developement as a downfield receiver. He's a natural hands catcher, very fluid athelete, he won't dominate you physically, but his slippery style is a beautiful fit in Macs scheme.

Clay makes us a different team. A sack and a few hits on only 17 pass rushes is a nice day. He ruined Lutui and basically gave Hawk a sack because the back picked him up. He embarassed Roos on the CJ stop as well. So impressed with his improvement in the run game, he's a true superstar.

Raji is coming on well. He's had some easier match ups as of late but he's making his presence felt. That interior really struggled with him, he was a big reason Locker outrushed CJ.

Finley is focused, and if you aren't a Packer fan this should scare you. I've beaten on him as hard as anyone earlier this season, but he's becoming a big part of the offense again. He set the edge nicely on a few runs, but most importantly he's stretching the middle again. Watch out guys, I really wouldn't be suprised if he went berserk in the playoffs. He's obviously a guy who's very up and down in his confidence and focus but, we've all seen what he can be when he's dialed in 100%.

Shields return is HUGE. You can see Dom prepping Casey for Woodsons role, it seemed like he was blitzing every play. Casey is a playmaker very much in Woodsons style, take a look at some of his run stops in the box today. Ted struck gold with this guy.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I'm seeing is an offensive unit that's more comfortable with the deep cover 2. This game plan is far more conducive to success against that defensive game plan than it was five weeks ago. Finley is opening up the middle, Jones and Jennings are working the sidelines right now at an elite level, and we're running the ball effectively enough.

Tennessee isn't an elite defense by any means, but neither was Jacksonville or Detroit or Minnesota--and we managed only 20-27 points a game against these guys.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blink wrote:
I do not care how bad the team may be, or what injuries they have, a blowout of that magnitude on the professional level is impressive. I saw quite a bit of people saying we were running up the score...before halftime. I hate this mentality. First of all its your damn job to go out there and compete, don't tell us to stop just because you never started. Secondly: we need the reps. We have a lot of back ups in as well as reintegrating starters coming back from injury. Those are valuable snaps to a guy like EDS.

Don't like it? Stop us. Wink In the immortal words of Jimmy Johnson: "What do you want us to do, kneel the ball every play for the entire second half?"

Reps=HUGE No matter who the team is. There are some things you can only learn through ACTUAL GAME SNAPS
MathMan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
Blink wrote:

Don't like it? Stop us. Wink In the immortal words of Jimmy Johnson: "What do you want us to do, kneel the ball every play for the entire second half?"

only if we're on our 4 yard line.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MathMan wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
Blink wrote:

only if we're on our 4 yard line.

That'd be SO disrespectful LAWLZ
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blueswedeshoes wrote:
tabbaker wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

right ankle sprain.

Then IR.

You forgot "he suffered a setback".

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offense and defense both looked great. Wish they could find more ways to get Finley involved. but Wasn't really that impressed by the wr core as a whole.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattwaukee wrote:
Offense and defense both looked great. Wish they could find more ways to get Finley involved. but Wasn't really that impressed by the wr core as a whole.

Your sig is too big.
justo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
Mattwaukee wrote:

Your sig is too big.

So is yours Wink
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
Mattwaukee wrote:

Your sig is too big.

So is yours Wink

Yeah, but..

Yeah, you're right. Embarassed
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
Mattwaukee wrote:

Your sig is too big.

So is yours Wink
Laughing Laughing Laughing Priceless

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: