Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 17 GDT Green Bay Packers(11-4) @ Minnesota Vikings(9-6)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 73, 74, 75  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
incognito_man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennings: 8 for 162 and 2

You heard it here first.
tabbaker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:

You heard it here first.

And what about the 2nd half?
kgthekid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like every other game I've predicted, I expect this one to be close. Which means that it'll either wind up being a 10-13 point victory with the Packers pulling away at the end (like a 28-17 victory), or the Packers blow the doors off the Vikings (less likely), or an upset loss (even less likely, but you never know).

If it does get out of hand in the first half, I'd like the starters to get a few series in the third quarter, and then give it the Dirk treatment (shut it down; let's go home).

Fuzzy Slippers tells no lies.
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgthekid wrote:
Like every other game I've predicted, I expect this one to be close. Which means that it'll either wind up being a 10-13 point victory with the Packers pulling away at the end (like a 28-17 victory), or the Packers blow the doors off the Vikings (less likely), or an upset loss (even less likely, but you never know).

If it does get out of hand in the first half, I'd like the starters to get a few series in the third quarter, and then give it the Dirk treatment (shut it down; let's go home).

So you expect it to be close but the Packers could pull away, blow them out, or lose. Way to go out on a limb. Want to throw the possibility of a tie in their just so you have all the bases covered? Wink Laughing

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
kgthekid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
kgthekid wrote:

So you expect it to be close but the Packers could pull away, blow them out, or lose. Way to go out on a limb. Want to throw the possibility of a tie in their just so you have all the bases covered? Wink Laughing

Hey...didn't put the possibility of the Vikings blowing them out though!

Fuzzy Slippers tells no lies.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tabbaker wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

You heard it here first.

same, but rushing.
ramonesfan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeteyPercyPonde wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:
Sounds like we should be as healthy as we have been all season going into this game. CJ is probable, Jordy is probable, Worthy is probable. We may only be missing Woody (out), House (doubtful) and Cobb (questionable). I'd be shocked not to see Cobb out there.

Definitely will be fun seeing this team out there. CJ back is HUGE, having CLay and CJ will go a long way in stopping AP. House not being out there not as big of a deal, as as Tramon, Sticky, and Hayward should not have huge problems stopping the wideouts. Safety play does worry me, I don't know how they're going to slow down Rudolph.

Our offense will be as dangerous as it has been since week 2 with our entire receiving corp possibly being out there. Minnesota handled Houston's passing game well last week, but I'd take Jennings, Nelson, Jones, Cobb (if healthy) and Finley all day over Andre Johnson and Owen. Rodgers is no Schaub, and with our passing threats our average running game should see some success.

We should honestly win by no less than 20, but because AP is a monster this year, I'm going 31-25 with Blair Walsh hitting 6 field goals, 4 from more than 50.

The Vikings have lost two games by more than 15 and none over twenty and the Packers have won 2 games by more than 15 and one over 20 and that was last week to a very poor football team at home.

We should have a fairly competitive game on our hands me thinks.
You're right about that, but we haven't had this many healthy players since early in the season. We're hitting our stride at the right time. We should win going away. But we won't. It's unfortunately not our style.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:
PeteyPercyPonde wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:
Sounds like we should be as healthy as we have been all season going into this game. CJ is probable, Jordy is probable, Worthy is probable. We may only be missing Woody (out), House (doubtful) and Cobb (questionable). I'd be shocked not to see Cobb out there.

Definitely will be fun seeing this team out there. CJ back is HUGE, having CLay and CJ will go a long way in stopping AP. House not being out there not as big of a deal, as as Tramon, Sticky, and Hayward should not have huge problems stopping the wideouts. Safety play does worry me, I don't know how they're going to slow down Rudolph.

Our offense will be as dangerous as it has been since week 2 with our entire receiving corp possibly being out there. Minnesota handled Houston's passing game well last week, but I'd take Jennings, Nelson, Jones, Cobb (if healthy) and Finley all day over Andre Johnson and Owen. Rodgers is no Schaub, and with our passing threats our average running game should see some success.

We should honestly win by no less than 20, but because AP is a monster this year, I'm going 31-25 with Blair Walsh hitting 6 field goals, 4 from more than 50.

The Vikings have lost two games by more than 15 and none over twenty and the Packers have won 2 games by more than 15 and one over 20 and that was last week to a very poor football team at home.

We should have a fairly competitive game on our hands me thinks.
You're right about that, but we haven't had this many healthy players since early in the season. We're hitting our stride at the right time. We should win going away. But we won't. It's unfortunately not our style.

We will.

It's time.
freethrowtommy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
tabbaker wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

You heard it here first.

same, but rushing.

I was going to go with passing, but rushing works too.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:

We will.

It's time.

I don't know. In 2010 we murdered the Giants before slipping by Chicago 10-3. Not saying we are going to win 10-3, just that it's difficult to put up back to back big victories, especially against division opponents.

If I had to guess..

31-20 GB.

R-E-L-A-X
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2010 Bears were much better than the 2012 Vikings are.
ramonesfan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The local news here was showing highlights of Packer/Vikings games in talking about the upcoming games. The highlights they showed? Favre throwing passing to Sidney Rice, from three years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but I believe I'm correct in saying that if Cobb plays this week and finishes with 46 receiving yards and 36 kick return yards, he will be the first player in NFL history with 1000 yards receiving and 1000 kick return yards in a season.

^^^ Rammy on the sig
WIsportsfan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly don't think they'll win by 40+ again but something like 34-17 isn't too far fetched. This team is rolling now and I just can't bring myself to think they won't win comfortably.
BadgerBoy001

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyers0909 wrote:
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but I believe I'm correct in saying that if Cobb plays this week and finishes with 46 receiving yards and 36 kick return yards, he will be the first player in NFL history with 1000 yards receiving and 1000 kick return yards in a season.

Didn't Antonio brown do that last year?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 73, 74, 75  Next
Page 20 of 75

Jump to: