Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 17 GDT Green Bay Packers(11-4) @ Minnesota Vikings(9-6)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 73, 74, 75  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ lmao.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/dec/23/cobb-sets-packers-net-yards-mark/

Quote:
Cobb entered the game with 2,241 combined yards 964 on kickoff returns, 892 on receptions, 253 on punt returns and 132 on rushes. He needed 10 yards to break Ahman Green's record, set in 2003, and did it with a 12-yard runback on the game's first punt.
justo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
^^ lmao.

Quote:
Cobb entered the game with 2,241 combined yards 964 on kickoff returns, 892 on receptions, 253 on punt returns and 132 on rushes. He needed 10 yards to break Ahman Green's record, set in 2003, and did it with a 12-yard runback on the game's first punt.
I was right Cool
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clay Matthews is 6th in the league in sacks. Wow. Did not expect him to be that high with the games he missed (4). Only players ahead of him are Watt, Aldon, Von, Wake, and Atkins. Atkins is ahead by a half sack. Clay is 2nd in a large cluster of players. Wake and up are way ahead of the group. How many sacks would Clay have if he didn't miss 4 games? Maybe he averages one a game and has 15 on the year?

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Green90

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
^^ lmao.

Quote:

He does however have a chance to be the 2nd player ever with 1000 yards receiving and 1000 yards returning if he plays on Sunday.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
Clay Matthews is 6th in the league in sacks. Wow. Did not expect him to be that high with the games he missed (4). Only players ahead of him are Watt, Aldon, Von, Wake, and Atkins. Atkins is ahead by a half sack. Clay is 2nd in a large cluster of players. Wake and up are way ahead of the group. How many sacks would Clay have if he didn't miss 4 games? Maybe he averages one a game and has 15 on the year?
Impressive no doubt. Hopefully Perry comes back strong and adds another dimension to the pass rush to draw more 1 on 1 match ups for everybody. It would be awesome to see Clay get up to that 16-20 sacks in a season.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
Impressive no doubt. Hopefully Perry comes back strong and adds another dimension to the pass rush to draw more 1 on 1 match ups for everybody. It would be awesome to see Clay get up to that 16-20 sacks in a season.

After we pay him. I don't want him getting 19 sacks next season without signing an extension first. Only gonna drive his price higher.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
justo wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:
I think I'd rest a 75% Cobb if it meant he'd be 100% in 2 weeks (or 1) for the playoffs. However, on the whole "y u no stop playing special teams??" I heard Cobb say it perfectly today when they asked him about it.

"Reggie" Cobb wrote:
Statistically, it may show that (there's greater injury risk on special teams), but this is a physical, dangerous game that we play. At any given time, your career could end. You can't go out there and play scared. You've got to go out there and play ball, regardless of what play it is, if it's special teams, offense or defense.

But he's only 10 yards away from the yardage record... that'd be cold.

Wait, NFL total yardage record? Shocked Didn't know he was that close

Nah the Packers record, my bad on the ambiguity...

:looks at sig:
Wait, I thought that's how much he needed last week..

Ah, well good for him!

Rest him...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conspiracy theory, are the Packers purposefully underutilizing Greg Jennings late in the season here in order to keep his price tag lower? He seems to have been very quiet, especially when compared to Cobb and Jones, could it be an effort on MM and Rodgers to keep him around longer?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:
Conspiracy theory, are the Packers purposefully underutilizing Greg Jennings late in the season here in order to keep his price tag lower? He seems to have been very quiet, especially when compared to Cobb and Jones, could it be an effort on MM and Rodgers to keep him around longer?

Yep, it is all one big conspiracy.

The plays are called because the coaching staff feels those are the best plays to win the game.

The QB throws to the man he feels is open and he can get the ball to.

Those two dastardly conspirators could careless about Jennings numbers one way or the other.

"YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME...."
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:

Pretty sure he's seen the most targets of anyone on the team since he's returned so if it's a conspiracy they are doing a pretty poor job.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
BobSacamano

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tyler Dunne ‏
Overall, Cobb seemed to move fine through drills. Circled around cones, a lot of stopping on a dime. Also ran some routes with the WR's.

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
ramonesfan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:

Pretty sure he's seen the most targets of anyone on the team since he's returned so if it's a conspiracy they are doing a pretty poor job.
KK, just my observations, it seems that Cobb and Jones had been doing most of the damage. Maybe he's being targeted and just doesn't have it anymore. I've been very underwhelmed by him this season.

Just a conspiracy, people who know me know I'm all about the conspiracy.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like we should be as healthy as we have been all season going into this game. CJ is probable, Jordy is probable, Worthy is probable. We may only be missing Woody (out), House (doubtful) and Cobb (questionable). I'd be shocked not to see Cobb out there.

Definitely will be fun seeing this team out there. CJ back is HUGE, having CLay and CJ will go a long way in stopping AP. House not being out there not as big of a deal, as as Tramon, Sticky, and Hayward should not have huge problems stopping the wideouts. Safety play does worry me, I don't know how they're going to slow down Rudolph.

Our offense will be as dangerous as it has been since week 2 with our entire receiving corp possibly being out there. Minnesota handled Houston's passing game well last week, but I'd take Jennings, Nelson, Jones, Cobb (if healthy) and Finley all day over Andre Johnson and Owen. Rodgers is no Schaub, and with our passing threats our average running game should see some success.

We should honestly win by no less than 20, but because AP is a monster this year, I'm going 31-25 with Blair Walsh hitting 6 field goals, 4 from more than 50.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:
Sounds like we should be as healthy as we have been all season going into this game. CJ is probable, Jordy is probable, Worthy is probable. We may only be missing Woody (out), House (doubtful) and Cobb (questionable). I'd be shocked not to see Cobb out there.

Definitely will be fun seeing this team out there. CJ back is HUGE, having CLay and CJ will go a long way in stopping AP. House not being out there not as big of a deal, as as Tramon, Sticky, and Hayward should not have huge problems stopping the wideouts. Safety play does worry me, I don't know how they're going to slow down Rudolph.

Our offense will be as dangerous as it has been since week 2 with our entire receiving corp possibly being out there. Minnesota handled Houston's passing game well last week, but I'd take Jennings, Nelson, Jones, Cobb (if healthy) and Finley all day over Andre Johnson and Owen. Rodgers is no Schaub, and with our passing threats our average running game should see some success.

We should honestly win by no less than 20, but because AP is a monster this year, I'm going 31-25 with Blair Walsh hitting 6 field goals, 4 from more than 50.

The Vikings have lost two games by more than 15 and none over twenty and the Packers have won 2 games by more than 15 and one over 20 and that was last week to a very poor football team at home.

We should have a fairly competitive game on our hands me thinks.
Packerfaninmn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeteyPercyPonde wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:

The Vikings have lost two games by more than 15 and none over twenty and the Packers have won 2 games by more than 15 and one over 20 and that was last week to a very poor football team at home.

We should have a fairly competitive game on our hands me thinks.

Pffft. Living in the past as usual. What's next? Bragging about all of those rings?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 73, 74, 75  Next
Page 19 of 75

Jump to: