Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who do you want to draft, and their expectations
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Who do you want to draft, and their expectations Reply with quote

Title says it all. Im sitting here watching the Carolina game, if you call it a game, and thinking to myself of our many problems. In the draft I have fallen in love with Star, Moore, Jockel or even Werner. However when I look at the game today, DT, DE or LT arent even the major problems. It is QB, RB, interior oline, LB, etc. I WANT the four players I mentioned, but I dont know if they would directly lead to more success for us. Sure Star would help the run defence, but we have the occasional game where we completely shut down the opposing run offence. Pass rushing is a need, but I cant get over the lacklustre offence that is ALWAYS stalling. Yes it is partly due to play calling and coaching, but we never execute!

Who do you guys want to draft, and how are they going to help this team immediately?

Example: Star Lotulelei, improve run defence, improve youth and size on DL, 2-4 sacks, 38 tackles. Will not immediately improve team record, but will be a major building block for our future defences.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.

Last edited by RaidersAreOne on Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star Lotulelei, Sheldon Richardson, or Bjoern Werner. We are in desperate need of a difference maker on the defensive line and with Richard Seymour and Tommy Kelly likely gone after the year we need to address it early in the draft. Lotulelei looks like a potentially dominant nose tackle, Sheldon Richardson looks like an elite penetrating UT, and Werner looks like he could be a consistent double-digit sack guy in the NFL.

We can address interior offensive line, our linebacking core, and running back problem in the later rounds.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Who do you want to draft, and their expectations Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
Star Lotulelei, improve run defence, improve youth and size on DL, 2-4 sacks, 38 tackles. Will not immediately improve team record, but will be a major building block for our future defences.

CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If like something like this
Round 1- Star Louetilele, DT for the next 10 years, improve run defense greatly and take up blockers for improve LB play.
-or-
Damontre Moore/Bjeorn Werner- pass rusher OTF, everyone needs one, make our DB's look better.

Round 3- Kyle Long, takes over the RT spot the the future.
-or- Margus Hunt, if we take Star I'd love Hunt, boom bust guy, physical potential through the roof.

Round 4- Andrew Jackson, hopefully can have a Burris type impact, take McClains spot.
-or- Phillip Thomas, ST and work his way into the starting line up.

Round 6- Jeff Nady, love his athleticism and potential, if we dot get Long, he'd be a good pick here.
-or- Michael Mauti, love his heart and smarts, injury problems though, depth at first.

Round 7- John Boyett, Qunatures Smith, CB

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis Jones: Improve the pass rush. Jones has an elite level potential, and has a great all around game. Were so desperate for talent on the defensive side its not even funny, and Jones is, IMO, the best player in the draft.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just praying not to be disappointed on draft by an off the wall pick of some 40 yr old prospect of strong character from a parochial school.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trade down and get a 2nd round pick. Shayne Skov + German

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
G

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually haven't watched any college ball, but from reading stuff I'd say...
LB Jones (Pass Rush)
DT Star run stuffer
TRADE DOWN, but if not...
T Joeckel move Veldheer to RT
DE Moore
CB Milliner

If traded down
DE Mingo
DT Hankins
T Matthews
LB Te'o

Trade down again...

EDIT...After seeing the 'Player Profiles' posted by Bo Spice (Thank You Bo)
I'm not liking the DE's as I think they are too light...I think someone mentioned Jones has a health issue like a guy who fell a few Drafts ago to TB.
A trade Down is what's needed, but my top 3 now are
Death Star
Milliner
Joeckel

This will change by workouts/combine as I'm hoping some DE's can gain weight and the QB's will workout at the combine to boost their stock. I'm not against drafting one to sit behind Palmer a year, or to just scrap it all and rebuild starting a rookie if we keep WC ZBS. I'd rather scrap systems but we will see what RM does and if all coaches are kept.

Last edited by G on Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Pozzi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because a rookie quarterback is going to solve all of our problems. I'd much rather wait for Teddy Bridgewater in 2014, let him sit under Palmer for a year, and then let him take over as our starting quarterback moving forward.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werner, Moore, Louetilele, Jones or some other defensive player.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
If like something like this
Round 1- Star Louetilele, DT for the next 10 years, improve run defense greatly and take up blockers for improve LB play.
-or-
Damontre Moore/Bjeorn Werner- pass rusher OTF, everyone needs one, make our DB's look better.

Round 3- Kyle Long, takes over the RT spot the the future.
-or- Margus Hunt, if we take Star I'd love Hunt, boom bust guy, physical potential through the roof.

Round 4- Andrew Jackson, hopefully can have a Burris type impact, take McClains spot.
-or- Phillip Thomas, ST and work his way into the starting line up.

Round 6- Jeff Nady, love his athleticism and potential, if we dot get Long, he'd be a good pick here.
-or- Michael Mauti, love his heart and smarts, injury problems though, depth at first.

Round 7- John Boyett, Qunatures Smith, CB

Andrew Jackson is a terrible fit in a 4-3 defense and Smith will most likely be a fourth or fifth round pick despite his season ending knee injury. He was having a great year and absolutely dominated DJ Fluker when they went head to head.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Jarvis Jones
2. Luke Joeckel
3. Bjoern Werner
4. Star Lotulelei
5. Sheldon Richardson

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis Jones is not Von Miller he's smaller and slower.
But if he is over 6'2 and runs a 4.58 or lower then he's the man.
You can't draft a OLB thats 6'1 235 and runs a 4.8 in the top 5.
bitty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Who do you want to draft, and their expectations Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
Title says it all. Im sitting here watching the Carolina game, if you call it a game, and thinking to myself of our many problems. In the draft I have fallen in love with Star, Moore, Jockel or even Werner. However when I look at the game today, DT, DE or LT arent even the major problems. It is QB, RB, interior oline, LB, etc. I WANT the four players I mentioned, but I dont know if they would directly lead to more success for us. Sure Star would help the run defence, but we have the occasional game where we completely shut down the opposing run offence. Pass rushing is a need, but I cant get over the lacklustre offence that is ALWAYS stalling. Yes it is partly due to play calling and coaching, but we never execute!

Who do you guys want to draft, and how are they going to help this team immediately?

Example: Star Lotulelei, improve run defence, improve youth and size on DL, 2-4 sacks, 38 tackles. Will not immediately improve team record, but will be a major building block for our future defences.

The only thing I have against the Star pick, is he that much better than Johnathon Hankins who the Raiders can trade back and pick up and another high draft pick as well .
So it come down to Star vs two players.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: