Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Shermans case, Sundays development
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
Quote:
Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman continues to wait for the ruling on his appeal of a four-game suspension for a violation of the league’s performance-enhancing drug policy.

It’s been over a month since it was first reported that Sherman and teammate Brandon Browner were facing suspensions for testing positive for a banned substance. Browner dropped his appeal and will be eligible to return for the playoffs, but Sherman has continued to fight his positive test.

Even if the decision (expected on Thursday) goes against Sherman and he is suspended by the league, he plans on continuing his fight. Sherman said Wednesday that he will continue to explore other legal options and could ultimately end up suing the league.

“I can’t get back playing regardless. I can just sue the league, and that’s probably what I’m going to do if they suspend me,’” Sherman said.

Adam Schefter of ESPN has reported that Sherman’s appeal was based around a supposed break in procedure in the collection process. The cup used to collect Sherman’s urine sample was apparently broken, requiring a second cup to be placed underneath to prevent leakage. The seal on the second cup was also broken.

Sherman tweeted on Christmas some more thoughts on the basis of his appeal to the league.

“Hoping we play in a just League @nfl. Not a league that allows a tester to mix urine samples. A tester with a history of errors. Has has had to have 6 other tests thrown out and he has only been testing 6months,” he tweeted.

Sherman was also asked Wednesday about his thoughts on how the appeal has played out to this point.

“It’s been pretty standard other than the league telling you they can break rules,” Sherman said. “They don’t care if you took it or you didn’t take it, if the sample is tainted or it isn’t tainted, they said it doesn’t matter. The collective bargaining, there’s policies, there’s rules in the policies that they said should not apply to them and they wrote them. That’s just how the league does things.”

With the track record of PED suspensions being overturned, it appears likely that Sherman will be suspended on Thursday. While he won’t have a recourse to get the four games back, Sherman appears adamant in continuing this fight in whatever fashion he has to.

If he’s suspended, Seattle could get Sherman back in time for the Super Bowl if they play in the first round of the playoffs. If they manage to backdoor into the No. 2 seed and a first-round bye with San Francisco and Green Bay losses this weekend, Sherman’s season would be over.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/26/richard-sherman-likely-to-sue-league-if-suspended/

He sounds like Roger Clemens.

Or Ryan Braun Rolling Eyes

Did you believe Braun before his suspension was overturned?

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
Quote:
Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman continues to wait for the ruling on his appeal of a four-game suspension for a violation of the league’s performance-enhancing drug policy.

It’s been over a month since it was first reported that Sherman and teammate Brandon Browner were facing suspensions for testing positive for a banned substance. Browner dropped his appeal and will be eligible to return for the playoffs, but Sherman has continued to fight his positive test.

Even if the decision (expected on Thursday) goes against Sherman and he is suspended by the league, he plans on continuing his fight. Sherman said Wednesday that he will continue to explore other legal options and could ultimately end up suing the league.

“I can’t get back playing regardless. I can just sue the league, and that’s probably what I’m going to do if they suspend me,’” Sherman said.

Adam Schefter of ESPN has reported that Sherman’s appeal was based around a supposed break in procedure in the collection process. The cup used to collect Sherman’s urine sample was apparently broken, requiring a second cup to be placed underneath to prevent leakage. The seal on the second cup was also broken.

Sherman tweeted on Christmas some more thoughts on the basis of his appeal to the league.

“Hoping we play in a just League @nfl. Not a league that allows a tester to mix urine samples. A tester with a history of errors. Has has had to have 6 other tests thrown out and he has only been testing 6months,” he tweeted.

Sherman was also asked Wednesday about his thoughts on how the appeal has played out to this point.

“It’s been pretty standard other than the league telling you they can break rules,” Sherman said. “They don’t care if you took it or you didn’t take it, if the sample is tainted or it isn’t tainted, they said it doesn’t matter. The collective bargaining, there’s policies, there’s rules in the policies that they said should not apply to them and they wrote them. That’s just how the league does things.”

With the track record of PED suspensions being overturned, it appears likely that Sherman will be suspended on Thursday. While he won’t have a recourse to get the four games back, Sherman appears adamant in continuing this fight in whatever fashion he has to.

If he’s suspended, Seattle could get Sherman back in time for the Super Bowl if they play in the first round of the playoffs. If they manage to backdoor into the No. 2 seed and a first-round bye with San Francisco and Green Bay losses this weekend, Sherman’s season would be over.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/26/richard-sherman-likely-to-sue-league-if-suspended/

He sounds like Roger Clemens.

Or Ryan Braun Rolling Eyes

Did you believe Braun before his suspension was overturned?

I sincerely don't judge cases like this until they are fully reviewed. I don't follow baseball and don't recall what Braun's claims were, I just know that he won. Only reason I brought up Braun was because you automatically say he sounds like someone that ultimately lost and is looked down upon.

And why shouldn't we believe what Sherman is saying? Why would he publicly come out and indict the tester with false accusations? That would make no sense. I'm sure you'll say "to get the public on his side" but the facts are going to come out when it's all said and done and Sherman would just look stupid by lying.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

I sincerely don't judge cases like this until they are fully reviewed. I don't follow baseball and don't recall what Braun's claims were, I just know that he won. Only reason I brought up Braun was because you automatically say he sounds like someone that ultimately lost and is looked down upon.

And why shouldn't we believe what Sherman is saying? Why would he publicly come out and indict the tester with false accusations? That would make no sense. I'm sure you'll say "to get the public on his side" but the facts are going to come out when it's all said and done and Sherman would just look stupid by lying.

Clemens never lost. He never tested positive for steroids. My point was that he was very outspoken to the media on how he'd keep fighting and just refused to ever give up the fight.

Why shouldn't we believe Sherman? He has a vested interest here. I have no idea if the accusations are true or not but I have a hard time believing his story, it doesn't sound plausible.

We'll see. But whenever you fail a drug test, it's going to be guilty until proven innocent.

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Clemens never lost. He never tested positive for steroids. My point was that he was very outspoken to the media on how he'd keep fighting and just refused to ever give up the fight.

Why shouldn't we believe Sherman? He has a vested interest here. I have no idea if the accusations are true or not but I have a hard time believing his story, it doesn't sound plausible.

We'll see. But whenever you fail a drug test, it's going to be guilty until proven innocent.

If he's correct about this tester's history, is his claim still hard to believe?
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

If he's correct about this tester's history, is his claim still hard to believe?

No idea. His "information" about the tester's history is vague. And we have no idea about the numbers.

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

No idea. His "information" about the tester's history is vague. And we have no idea about the numbers.

I didn't ask you if it was correct, I asked you if it's hard to believe if he is correct.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

I didn't ask you if it was correct, I asked you if it's hard to believe if he is correct.

And my post has nothing to do with whether it's correct or not, it has to do with his vague information which is clearly pandering to the fans.

For example, who threw out the tests? Did the tester throw out the tests after finding something wrong with them and retested in the future? Did the lab throw out the tests? Did the league throw out the tests?

And is 6 tests in 6 months a bad thing? What happens if there is a 1% throw out rate for tests and they do 100 tests per month? In that context, 6 tests being thrown out in 6 months is average.

Like I said, we have no idea about the numbers here. Sherman gave no context. He just gave out vague information to earn positive PR.

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

And my post has nothing to do with whether it's correct or not, it has to do with his vague information which is clearly pandering to the fans.

For example, who threw out the tests? Did the tester throw out the tests after finding something wrong with them and retested in the future? Did the lab throw out the tests? Did the league throw out the tests?

And is 6 tests in 6 months a bad thing? What happens if there is a 1% throw out rate for tests and they do 100 tests per month? In that context, 6 tests being thrown out in 6 months is average.

Like I said, we have no idea about the numbers here. Sherman gave no context. He just gave out vague information to earn positive PR.

Okay Laughing
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Okay Laughing

All relevant questions, are they not? You don't think the vagueness of his information is at all "misleading"?

Why are you so quick to believe Sherman about the tester but unwilling to believe the test results?

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Okay Laughing

All relevant questions, are they not? You don't think the vagueness of his information is at all "misleading"?

Why are you so quick to believe Sherman about the tester but unwilling to believe the test results?

Who said I didn't believe the test results? I said I don't judge until the decision is made. I have no idea if the test results are accurate since there has been heavy speculation that they are not.

And I'm not sure what you mean by "throw out the tests", but if I'm interpreting it correctly, you aren't understanding Sherman's appeal. The tests were never "thrown out". He peed in one bottle, that bottle was leaking, so the tester transferred the sample over to another cup that had already been cracked open with the seal being broken. For all we know, traces of Browner's sample could have been in that cup.

I think you're actually taking the entire "throw out" thing to literally. What Sherman is trying to say (or at least how I read it) was that this tester had 6 tests compromised by false procedure. Your questions are still perfectly valid with this line of thinking, though neither of us know how it works.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

Who said I didn't believe the test results? I said I don't judge until the decision is made. I have no idea if the test results are accurate since there has been heavy speculation that they are not.

And I'm not sure what you mean by "throw out the tests", but if I'm interpreting it correctly, you aren't understanding Sherman's appeal. The tests were never "thrown out". He peed in one bottle, that bottle was leaking, so the tester transferred the sample over to another cup that had already been cracked open with the seal being broken. For all we know, traces of Browner's sample could have been in that cup.

I think you're actually taking the entire "throw out" thing to literally. What Sherman is trying to say (or at least how I read it) was that this tester had 6 tests compromised by false procedure. Your questions are still perfectly valid with this line of thinking, though neither of us know how it works.

I understand that, what I'm saying is that the info he gave gives us no context on why or how the tests were thrown out. I was asking who deemed the tests to be compromised. Something we aren't told.

It's just really vague info. We'll see later today about his appeal. If he wins, he's exonerated in my eyes. If he loses, he loses.

ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Richard Sherman did not make the Pro Bowl, per sources, but I'm told the PED rules are not relevant in this case.
I don't think many fans like him outside of Seattle. Especially after the whole Brady thing.

I'll just say I really really really wish he was on my team Crying or Very sad

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I hear within 5 years the fans at Jags games will be able to vote via Twitter on the in-game playcalls.
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the point of debating Sherman's side of the argument when the NFL itself has proven that they don't care about the validity of the argument?

The NFL only cares about its image and its finances. It DOES NOT matter what actually happened before, during, or after Sherman peed in that cup.

And this is NOT the legal system, here, guys. This is the NFL, they can do whatever they want to Sherman, regardless of the factual evidence. They don't care about legal protocol or CBA contractual language.

The league office DOES NOT admit they were wrong on these kinds of matters. They would suspend Sherman in a heartbeat to spite the union and prove they are above their own CBA. They will make Sherman take them to court. I bet by the time Sherman won his case (if he really has one) that most lay-people would forget what it was about and only remember that Sherman was a cheater. Damage done.

I'm not saying I believe that Sherman is innocent. I, personally, don't care. I just don't believe the NFL in anything that comes out of the league office or roger goodell's mouth. They have proven they don't have the integrity to warrant my trust. They have not shown me they have the honesty to be believed over the word of a player.

Frankly, I don't see much chance that Sherman beats this case.
NestlePureLife

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he won't win, the nfl will never admit they are wrong. chain of custody is a serious matter but the nflpa screwed up in their negotiations on the cba, very little players can do to fight the allegations.
NestlePureLife

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

lmao. 1%?

are you nuts? that's a ridiculous number to pull out of your arse to strengthen your argument.

a failure rate that high would make the ENTIRE PROCESS invalid.

condoms have a lower failure rate for [inappropriate/removed] sake.

think once in a while.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: