Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Shermans case, Sundays development
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sacks98

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet it is PED related the fans are just 25% of the vote Writers probably wouldn't vote for him because of the pending PED case.
NestlePureLife

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so best case scenario it's pushed to start of next season, if the appeal fails

it looks like its getting too late into the week to suspend him for the rams game

so if he does get suspended it'll be for all 4 rounds of the playoffs assuming we can make a run

crappy
Boom!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NestlePureLife wrote:

it looks like its getting too late into the week to suspend him for the rams game

so if he does get suspended it'll be for all 4 rounds of the playoffs assuming we can make a run

crappy

It was announced earlier in the week that the ruling would come by Thursday. So we'll find out tomorrow.

Legion of Boom!
NestlePureLife

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boom! wrote:
NestlePureLife wrote:

crappy

It was announced earlier in the week that the ruling would come by Thursday. So we'll find out tomorrow.

ahhh true, well looks like he's gone

the nfl is about as likely to admit a flaw in their system as i am to become an nfl qb
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NestlePureLife wrote:
Boom! wrote:
NestlePureLife wrote:

crappy

the nfl is about as likely to admit a flaw in their system as i am to become an nfl qb

Well with the way Sherman has been talking, I'd expect an injunction if the league rules against him.
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
NestlePureLife wrote:
Boom! wrote:
NestlePureLife wrote:

crappy

Well with the way Sherman has been talking, I'd expect an injunction if the league rules against him.

How long did the Vikings/Saints players (there were a couple from each team IIRC) prolong their case with an injunction? A couple years, no?
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheoryofSeahawk wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
NestlePureLife wrote:
Boom! wrote:
NestlePureLife wrote:

crappy

How long did the Vikings/Saints players (there were a couple from each team IIRC) prolong their case with an injunction? A couple years, no?

I think a year, but that was a much different case. No chance Sherman prolongs it for that long (not that I would necessarily want this hanging over him for that long).
NestlePureLife

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll give him credit though

he reversed the onus from him proving his innocence to the nfl proving their testing methods were legitimate

always lawyer up before ya talk
Sacks98

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman continues to wait for the ruling on his appeal of a four-game suspension for a violation of the league’s performance-enhancing drug policy.

It’s been over a month since it was first reported that Sherman and teammate Brandon Browner were facing suspensions for testing positive for a banned substance. Browner dropped his appeal and will be eligible to return for the playoffs, but Sherman has continued to fight his positive test.

Even if the decision (expected on Thursday) goes against Sherman and he is suspended by the league, he plans on continuing his fight. Sherman said Wednesday that he will continue to explore other legal options and could ultimately end up suing the league.

“I can’t get back playing regardless. I can just sue the league, and that’s probably what I’m going to do if they suspend me,’” Sherman said.

Adam Schefter of ESPN has reported that Sherman’s appeal was based around a supposed break in procedure in the collection process. The cup used to collect Sherman’s urine sample was apparently broken, requiring a second cup to be placed underneath to prevent leakage. The seal on the second cup was also broken.

Sherman tweeted on Christmas some more thoughts on the basis of his appeal to the league.

“Hoping we play in a just League @nfl. Not a league that allows a tester to mix urine samples. A tester with a history of errors. Has has had to have 6 other tests thrown out and he has only been testing 6months,” he tweeted.

Sherman was also asked Wednesday about his thoughts on how the appeal has played out to this point.

“It’s been pretty standard other than the league telling you they can break rules,” Sherman said. “They don’t care if you took it or you didn’t take it, if the sample is tainted or it isn’t tainted, they said it doesn’t matter. The collective bargaining, there’s policies, there’s rules in the policies that they said should not apply to them and they wrote them. That’s just how the league does things.”

With the track record of PED suspensions being overturned, it appears likely that Sherman will be suspended on Thursday. While he won’t have a recourse to get the four games back, Sherman appears adamant in continuing this fight in whatever fashion he has to.

If he’s suspended, Seattle could get Sherman back in time for the Super Bowl if they play in the first round of the playoffs. If they manage to backdoor into the No. 2 seed and a first-round bye with San Francisco and Green Bay losses this weekend, Sherman’s season would be over.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/26/richard-sherman-likely-to-sue-league-if-suspended/
klyon7634

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommorrow is the big day.

I have a feeling he wins the appeal.

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
Quote:
Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman continues to wait for the ruling on his appeal of a four-game suspension for a violation of the league’s performance-enhancing drug policy.

It’s been over a month since it was first reported that Sherman and teammate Brandon Browner were facing suspensions for testing positive for a banned substance. Browner dropped his appeal and will be eligible to return for the playoffs, but Sherman has continued to fight his positive test.

Even if the decision (expected on Thursday) goes against Sherman and he is suspended by the league, he plans on continuing his fight. Sherman said Wednesday that he will continue to explore other legal options and could ultimately end up suing the league.

“I can’t get back playing regardless. I can just sue the league, and that’s probably what I’m going to do if they suspend me,’” Sherman said.

Adam Schefter of ESPN has reported that Sherman’s appeal was based around a supposed break in procedure in the collection process. The cup used to collect Sherman’s urine sample was apparently broken, requiring a second cup to be placed underneath to prevent leakage. The seal on the second cup was also broken.

Sherman tweeted on Christmas some more thoughts on the basis of his appeal to the league.

“Hoping we play in a just League @nfl. Not a league that allows a tester to mix urine samples. A tester with a history of errors. Has has had to have 6 other tests thrown out and he has only been testing 6months,” he tweeted.

Sherman was also asked Wednesday about his thoughts on how the appeal has played out to this point.

“It’s been pretty standard other than the league telling you they can break rules,” Sherman said. “They don’t care if you took it or you didn’t take it, if the sample is tainted or it isn’t tainted, they said it doesn’t matter. The collective bargaining, there’s policies, there’s rules in the policies that they said should not apply to them and they wrote them. That’s just how the league does things.”

With the track record of PED suspensions being overturned, it appears likely that Sherman will be suspended on Thursday. While he won’t have a recourse to get the four games back, Sherman appears adamant in continuing this fight in whatever fashion he has to.

If he’s suspended, Seattle could get Sherman back in time for the Super Bowl if they play in the first round of the playoffs. If they manage to backdoor into the No. 2 seed and a first-round bye with San Francisco and Green Bay losses this weekend, Sherman’s season would be over.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/26/richard-sherman-likely-to-sue-league-if-suspended/

He sounds like Roger Clemens.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
Quote:

Or Ryan Braun Rolling Eyes
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
Quote:

So you have no problem with him getting suspended if what he says about the testing is true?

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
So you have no problem with him getting suspended if what he says about the testing is true?

He doesn't like Sherman. Enough said there.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
Quote:

If what he is saying is true. But why should we believe him? Did you believe Brian Cushing when he made his ridiculous claims?

But would he do it in a Sharknado?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: