Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Shermans case, Sundays development
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
first and goal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Shermans case, Sundays development Reply with quote

I didn't see this posted already, sorry if it has.

I don't know how many of you watched NFL Countdown, but Schefter said this is said to be his defense.

"When they took his sample, the cup was leaking. So the person grabbed another cup to catch any urine that was leaking, but the second cup that he grabbed had a broken seal on it, which could mean it was contaminated."

I'm not in the field, but its my understanding if the chain of evidence is not 100% without question, the evidence is tainted.

Sherman has a shot to beat this.
Boom!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link explaining the developing story.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8774723/richard-sherman-seattle-seahawks-cornerback-claims-drug-test-was-contaminated-broken-seal-cup-source

Legion of Boom!
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braun won his case because of potential taminated results.

It's definitely possible for him to win the case.

IDOG_det

#JDI
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we have both Sherman and Browner for the playoffs, RGIII is gonna have a long day.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
animaltested

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing to come out of this whole ordeal is that Jeremy Lane seems to wear big boy pants. Looking like a nice piece, potential nickel?

Quote:
If you don't care for obscenity, you don't care for the truth; if you don't care for the truth, watch how you vote.
bobob123

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

animaltested wrote:
The best thing to come out of this whole ordeal is that Jeremy Lane seems to wear big boy pants. Looking like a nice piece, potential nickel?

he has played very well, he's got a Walter Thurmond 'body type' but a Richard Sherman 'mentality and attitude'.... I think once BB and Thurmond come back in the playoffs and the development of Lane and Maxwell our secondary will be very dangerous.....

and, Did anyone see the 49ers offensive linemen coming after Lane last night? He can get in the heads of the opponents allot like Sherman can, and that's a good thing!

"Guess what! I got a fever, and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!" - Christopher Walken
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'all catch Sherman's comments about the appeal?

Something like, "They broke the rules in the testing, they try getting away with it." I forgot the exact quote, but I'm feeling good about the appeal.

IDOG_det

#JDI
hdshot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="hawkman98272"]Y'all catch Sherman's comments about the appeal?

Something like, "They broke the rules in the testing, they try getting away with it." I forgot the exact quote, but I'm feeling good about the appeal.[/quote]

Something like that, but what a stupid time to ask that kind of Q.

In testing, steps have to be followed and if not the positive readings have to be thrown out. That was how I understood his answer.
klyon7634

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobob123 wrote:
animaltested wrote:

he has played very well, he's got a Walter Thurmond 'body type' but a Richard Sherman 'mentality and attitude'.... I think once BB and Thurmond come back in the playoffs and the development of Lane and Maxwell our secondary will be very dangerous.....

and, Did anyone see the 49ers offensive linemen coming after Lane last night? He can get in the heads of the opponents allot like Sherman can, and that's a good thing!

Yes i hav been very impressed with Jeremy Lane. Its amazing how our FO finds all these late round finds. The CB position is looking great for next year also with Sherman, BB, Lane, Thurmond and even Maxwell has played well.

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
chpjns15

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
bobob123 wrote:
animaltested wrote:

Yes i hav been very impressed with Jeremy Lane. Its amazing how our FO finds all these late round finds. The CB position is looking great for next year also with Sherman, BB, Lane, Thurmond and even Maxwell has played well.

Yeah, with Thurmond capable of playing at a high level, Lane doing very good, and Maxwell looking good with his limited time, I would be surprised if we resigned BB at this point. And I think Trufant might be gone as well, unfortunately.

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
klyon7634

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
bobob123 wrote:
animaltested wrote:

Yeah, with Thurmond capable of playing at a high level, Lane doing very good, and Maxwell looking good with his limited time, I would be surprised if we resigned BB at this point. And I think Trufant might be gone as well, unfortunately.

Thats right i forgot BB is going to be a FA after this season

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
Sacks98

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browner has one more year he is signed to a 3 year deal i still think Sherman gets suspended though the NFL doesn't have to provide the evidence unless the guy taking the sample sells himself out.
Boom!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's reported that we'll have an answer by thursday.

Legion of Boom!
union hawk fan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like all hawk fans I hope he wins his case but if he doesn't I'm confident that Browner and Lane can get the job done. Browner has been playing really good this year and I would like to see him stay in Seattle.
drunkhawk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

union hawk fan wrote:
Like all hawk fans I hope he wins his case but if he doesn't I'm confident that Browner and Lane can get the job done. Browner has been playing really good this year and I would like to see him stay in Seattle.

Lane is Browner's third-string... so if Sherman's suspension is upheld and Trufant is still hurt, we would be seeing Maxwell on the flanker and Browner back against the split end. Thurmond (if he's back) or Lane would probably in the slot.

There are some pretty stout flankers we could face in the playoffs (White, Jennings, Garcon, Crabtree, Marshall, Dez)... so I would not be so quick to think we'd be set with Maxwell or Lane against them. You don't need me to tell you Moss and Ginn all night would make for a relatively easy job.

"I've never called anybody ugly. Do I think people are ugly? Yeah, I think he's ugly, but I've never said that..."

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: