You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Shermans case, Sundays development
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this decision is going to depend a lot on whether the league can admit they are wrong if, in fact, there was an issue with the contamination of sample protocol. This isn't the legal justice system, it's the NFL and they don't have rely on legal precedent or facts or anything really. They can see all the facts add up and STILL suspend Sherman if they want to, then he'd have to get a legal injunction like the Vikings players did a few years ago when the league basically ignored all the evidence and suspended them anyway. I like Shermans confidence, but I don't have faith in the NFL to make the right decisions based on the evidence. I believe the league office makes all decisions based on the brand of the NFL and what is in its own best financial interests. We'll see how it turns out.
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious to see others opinions.

Say Sherman loses his appeal, has to be suspended 4 games. Would you rather him push it to next year, or be suspended as long as we have left? So that means if we made it to the NFCCG he'd be done with his suspension after that game.

For me, it's a no brainer, I'd want it pushed to next year. That way for the first four games we have all offseason and pre season to prep Lane/Thurmond to play opposite of BB. I'd take the risk of not making it if he plays.

There's no way that it could be regular season games only, right? So one game this season and the first three next?

IDOG_det

#JDI
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:

Say Sherman loses his appeal, has to be suspended 4 games. Would you rather him push it to next year, or be suspended as long as we have left? So that means if we made it to the NFCCG he'd be done with his suspension after that game.

For me, it's a no brainer, I'd want it pushed to next year. That way for the first four games we have all offseason and pre season to prep Lane/Thurmond to play opposite of BB. I'd take the risk of not making it if he plays.

There's no way that it could be regular season games only, right? So one game this season and the first three next?

I would want him to start it this season. In all honesty, I don't see this team winning a Superbowl this year. At the same time, I would want to give some playoff reps to Maxwell/Lane/Thurmond, on the off-chance that one or more of them are a long term option at CB.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:

Why the hell would anyone prefer he miss playoff games over regular season games? Laughing
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
hawkman98272 wrote:

Why the hell would anyone prefer he miss playoff games over regular season games? Laughing

I'm a weirdo Laughing . I also don't trust this team to go all the way and I see next season as our SB run.

I would actually prefer Sherm to (somehow) come out of this either wthout a suspension, or with the dignity of the NFL administration.
JJ89

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:

I would actually prefer Sherm to (somehow) come out of this either wthout a suspension

No kidding Laughing

I would prefer him to sit out the first 4 of the next season if he is to be suspended.

I can't see why you would have it done any different. If we loose sherm for the playoffs that will severely hurt of chances of making some noise in the playoffs. If we loose him for the first 4 next year, it might be against lesser opponents where we're still able to win without him and if we were to loose some of those games because of missing him, we would still have a decent shot at the playoffs when he's back.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJ89 wrote:
Tooki wrote:

I would actually prefer Sherm to (somehow) come out of this either wthout a suspension

No kidding Laughing

I would prefer him to sit out the first 4 of the next season if he is to be suspended.

I can't see why you would have it done any different. If we loose sherm for the playoffs that will severely hurt of chances of making some noise in the playoffs. If we loose him for the first 4 next year, it might be against lesser opponents where we're still able to win without him and if we were to loose some of those games because of missing him, we would still have a decent shot at the playoffs when he's back.

On the other hand, I expect the NFC West to be VERY competitive next season (with the Rams being contenders). As I said before, I don't see enough to believe that this team will go all the way.
JJ89

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
JJ89 wrote:
Tooki wrote:

No kidding Laughing

On the other hand, I expect the NFC West to be VERY competitive next season (with the Rams being contenders). As I said before, I don't see enough to believe that this team will go all the way.

I agree. But what more would you have to see? We're 4 games away from our first lombardi trophy and we can compete with any team in the NFL. Wouldn't call us favorites or anything, but we definitely have a shot. Look in the NFL Gen. people are getting scared of Seattle.

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Tooki"]
JJ89 wrote:
Tooki wrote:

No kidding Laughing

I can't see why you would have it done any different. If we loose sherm for the playoffs that will severely hurt of chances of making some noise in the playoffs. If we loose him for the first 4 next year, it might be against lesser opponents where we're still able to win without him and if we were to loose some of those games because of missing him, we would still have a decent shot at the playoffs when he's back.[/quote

ill say this.

It was one thing to look forward to the next year in '10 or '11 because we didn't have our QB of the future. We have that now. No matter how good your team is, it takes some sort of good fortune to make the playoffs. Specifically when it comes to injuries.

We look good right now, it's scary to count on better than this next year.

#1 ET Supporter
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Tatupu_64"]
Tooki wrote:
JJ89 wrote:
Tooki wrote:

No kidding Laughing

I can't see why you would have it done any different. If we loose sherm for the playoffs that will severely hurt of chances of making some noise in the playoffs. If we loose him for the first 4 next year, it might be against lesser opponents where we're still able to win without him and if we were to loose some of those games because of missing him, we would still have a decent shot at the playoffs when he's back.[/quote

ill say this.

It was one thing to look forward to the next year in '10 or '11 because we didn't have our QB of the future. We have that now. No matter how good your team is, it takes some sort of good fortune to make the playoffs. Specifically when it comes to injuries.

We look good right now, it's scary to count on better than this next year.

Absolutely agree. The playoffs are a single game elimination. We all know anything can, and often does, happen. That's what makes this kind of a wash either way for me. I feel like this year we're playing with house money cuz this team wasn't supposed to be this good, this fast. The next 3-5 years was when this team was going to really be on top and that would make a case for getting any suspensions out of the way this year, like Browner is doing. Except that this team is red-hot right now, like nothing in franchise or maybe even league history, with the points that we've put up the last few weeks, and a big part of winning a Super Bowl is taking advantage of opportunities as they arise and maximizing their potential. This kind of hot streak may never materialize again, due to a whole lot of unforseen events, injuries being the major one. That would make a strong case for wanting Sherman to play the playoffs and serve his suspension at the beginning of next year. We might be able to recover from slow start again next year, like we did this year. But in a single game elimination format, their is no such recovery period.

In the end, it will be what it will be. I'm not going to lose sleep either way. I already posted my feelings about the way the NFL handles these situations. I understand they have a certain way they run their business and I don't happen to agree with it, but it's out of my control, so whatever.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
dave boling ‏@DaveBoling
Richard Sherman on possible suspension keeping him out of Pro Bowl: "I bet I'll be first team All-Pro, that means a lot more to me."

El ramster on the sig
Sacks98

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol i really don't mind him missing the Pro Bowl i think it pushes him even harder plus who really cares about playing in a no contact game ill admit i watch maybe the first two minutes then flip it off and only come back to it to see who won.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Richard Sherman did not make the Pro Bowl, per sources, but I'm told the PED rules are not relevant in this case.

El ramster on the sig
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Richard Sherman did not make the Pro Bowl, per sources, but I'm told the PED rules are not relevant in this case.
I don't think many fans like him outside of Seattle. Especially after the whole Brady thing.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
I don't think many fans like him outside of Seattle. Especially after the whole Brady thing.

Oh well, like he said, All-Pro is way more important. It'll be hilarious if he makes the All-Pro team and not the Probowl. Really shows how big of a joke it is.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: