Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who do you want as HC in 2013?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panthers11

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its really bothersome that everyone wants Rivera back now just due to another winning streak at the end of the year in meaningless games. A Rivera led team will never win a super bowl.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
BringinDaPain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarolinaRoar wrote:
I want Ron Rivera. My whole opinion has changed. Ron is not the problem actually the way this defense has rallied around him is so remarkable. With that said.. Im only good with Ron coming back if Chud is fired. I have that feeling. Chud is going to be fired, and Norv is going to be hired. I have the feeling.

This is what i'm thinking.

Kiltman on sig
2011 OROY Winner - Cam Newton
2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly
2013 DPOY Winner - Luke Kuechly
2014 OROY Watch - Kelvin Benjamin
Moody

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BringinDaPain wrote:
CarolinaRoar wrote:
I want Ron Rivera. My whole opinion has changed. Ron is not the problem actually the way this defense has rallied around him is so remarkable. With that said.. Im only good with Ron coming back if Chud is fired. I have that feeling. Chud is going to be fired, and Norv is going to be hired. I have the feeling.

This is what i'm thinking.

It's been noted that nobody on the coaching staff has HC experience. Switching Chud and Norv would be awkward although I think it's an upgrade.
Zithers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
TROJANPANTHER wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Yeah, I guess the Falcons took off both games against us, because we outplayed them both times.

No moral victories!

Right, we were 1-1 against them this year, and thats all that counts, but saying they "clearly weren't trying" against us is just silly.

julio jones said the team was "bored" against us an in interview
couple that with the fact that they completely dominated a much better team than us the next week...
pretty obvious they weren't going 100%

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
TROJANPANTHER wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Yeah, I guess the Falcons took off both games against us, because we outplayed them both times.

No moral victories!

Right, we were 1-1 against them this year, and thats all that counts, but saying they "clearly weren't trying" against us is just silly.

julio jones said the team was "bored" against us an in interview
couple that with the fact that they completely dominated a much better team than us the next week...
pretty obvious they weren't going 100%

I honestly do not think the Giants are a much better team than us. Yes, I know they crushed us earlier in the year but if they faced us right now? I think it'd be extremely close. Eli has just gotten worse and worse every week. Newton has been the opposite. And our defense has been on fire. If they lose next week, they'll only have finished with 1 more win than us (assuming we beat New Orleans) despite beginning the year 6-4.

Even still, that doesn't change the fact in Week 4 we pretty much had them beat.
rjkilla

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
Its really bothersome that everyone wants Rivera back now just due to another winning streak at the end of the year in meaningless games. A Rivera led team will never win a super bowl.

that's being over dramatic. he's a good enough coach to field a championship caliber defense. if we can get the OC, the personnel, and the scheme on the same page then we can be good again.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:

I remember when Giants fans said Coughlin would never be a good enough coach to win a title.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
CarolinaRoar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:

Ignorance is bliss. Rivera is learning and growing as a head coach.
Moody

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen both sides of the ball play well this season but sometimes they weren't doing it at the same time. They have potential to take big steps next year.

I think the team will be better next year regardless of who is coach. But, wins are what really matters. We've seen them lose complete control of games they were winning and should have won. Games like Chicago, Atlanta and Tampa separate this team from the top. You also have games like Dallas and Seattle where it was ugly but it could've been pulled out. Kansas City has to fit in there somewhere too. In all of those games, at least one player had a major gaff or just plain bad luck. Win three of those 6 games and they're probably playing for a playoff spot.

Can Rivera get over that hump?

I think this team has young players who are about to turn the corner. Whoever coaches is going to have a hungry and talented team.
BringinDaPain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2352/panthers-defense

RR gone next Monday?

Kiltman on sig
2011 OROY Winner - Cam Newton
2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly
2013 DPOY Winner - Luke Kuechly
2014 OROY Watch - Kelvin Benjamin
Zithers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rivera's not getting fired until we get a GM. which i doubt will be on monday.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:

Depends if JR wants to start completely fresh again or if he wants the GM to shape the team to his liking.

We will find out in a few days.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
Zithers wrote:

Depends if JR wants to start completely fresh again or if he wants the GM to shape the team to his liking.

We will find out in a few days.

I remember hearing when Hurney was fired it was due to JR's disdain with Hurney not making changes, ie, Rivera? Please.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
DaveDX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winning games after mathematical elimination (or near elimination) gives me flashbacks to John Fox. As a fan it certainly helps my pride, and I want my team to win every game regardless of the situation, but in reality, they're garbage time wins. A coach's quality should not be judged by them, as they are ultimately meaningless.

Turns out it was a dude.
marschmellow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveDX wrote:
Winning games after mathematical elimination (or near elimination) gives me flashbacks to John Fox. As a fan it certainly helps my pride, and I want my team to win every game regardless of the situation, but in reality, they're garbage time wins. A coach's quality should not be judged by them, as they are ultimately meaningless.

I think they're the most meaningful. It's hard to get a team to play for you in games that don't matter, especially if they don't think you're a good coach and that wins would help your case. We had a rough start to the season, which I'd blame on two things: Cam's sophomore slump (partially due to Chud, but now over), and Rivera making some bad time-management calls (which he seems to have learned from). Oh, and also bad luck slash individual players screwing up, e.g. Nakamura at Atlanta (not Rivera's fault). I think Rivera is an okay coach who can get better, whereas almost certainly anyone we hire in his place would be a bad coach who can get better. I wouldn't just be satisfied with the same group going into next year--I would be actively excited about what they could do in their third year as a team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: