Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who do you want as HC in 2013?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJ23

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
AJ23 wrote:
And I honestly think looking at a record alone to determine performance is pretty shallow. There have to be other factors, and I think the organization and the new GM will consider them all.

I cannot stress enough how glad I am none of us are running the team Rolling Eyes . Most of us have the temperament of an infant with gas and the attention span of a gnat.

Alright, that really ended my rant... for real this time Wink. Really though, good conversation here. We really care about the franchise for sure.

While I somewhat understand what you mean, W-L needs to be the main factor.
You're right, but this early in a rebuilding process with a first-time head coach in his second season? That factor has to be tempered a little by other factors (I mean, if he's 3-13, there really needs to be a change).
Panthers11

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJ23 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
AJ23 wrote:
And I honestly think looking at a record alone to determine performance is pretty shallow. There have to be other factors, and I think the organization and the new GM will consider them all.

I cannot stress enough how glad I am none of us are running the team Rolling Eyes . Most of us have the temperament of an infant with gas and the attention span of a gnat.

Alright, that really ended my rant... for real this time Wink. Really though, good conversation here. We really care about the franchise for sure.

You're right, but this early in a rebuilding process with a first-time head coach in his second season? That factor has to be tempered a little by other factors (I mean, if he's 3-13, there really needs to be a change).

His record in games before we are eliminated and decided by less than 7 points screams for him to get canned.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
boondock

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJ23 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
AJ23 wrote:

The fact that we cannot win a game decided by one score or less is a big factor to me. We have been competitive in most games this year, which is good, but we were competitive in most games last year too. Something has to give to get us over the hump.

I'm fine with having Rivera come back one more year, but I also expect us to start winning these close games if he does come back. I believe in consistency and stability in the coaching staff builds winning teams. If we were to win half the games we lost by less than one score, we're probably sitting in the playoffs. It all starts with coaching; through clock management, game plan changes, and play calling.

what is he 1-12 in games decided by one score. that one stat alone should be enough to see he isn't ready. also his play not to lose mentality doesn't work as well as it did 5-10 years ago. with offenses being hyper aggressive you can't play soft zone every time you get a lead, even more alarming is it appears he hasn't learned from his mistakes in the first 2 years with us. i'd be ok with him staying, i'd be ok with him getting fired. i just want some sustained success before this crop of talent is wasted

Last edited by rjkilla on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
AJ23

Panthers11 wrote:
AJ23 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
AJ23 wrote:

His record in games before we are eliminated and decided by less than 7 points screams for him to get canned.
I believe you make good points, but it seems you're going off of the premise that this year is identical to last year in every way. I really don't think it's that simple. Last year late seemed like a pleasant surprise. This year late seems like they have finally become contenders (in quality), but just too late for this season. Getting a new head coach would just throw away all of that progress in the name of instant success (which is far from guaranteed).
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJ23 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
AJ23 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
AJ23 wrote:

I believe you make good points, but it seems you're going off of the premise that this year is identical to last year in every way. I really don't think it's that simple. Last year late seemed like a pleasant surprise. This year late seems like they have finally become contenders (in quality), but just too late for this season. Getting a new head coach would just throw away all of that progress in the name of instant success (which is far from guaranteed).

Let us look back into last season shall we?
-1st year w/Rivera (lockout against him)
- 2-6 first 8 games (Washington and Jax garbage wins)
- 4-4 last 8 (3 wins against teams who finished under .500)
- Panthers were projected to win 9-11 games (projected playoff team) with the soft schedule we had this year (10th hardest schedule)
I am not going to throw out stupid projections and records that us Panther fans already know about, the fact is Rivera as well as Chud had a complete off season to work with Cam Newton who was the ORoY and make adjustments which they failed at miserably.

Three main issues this season
- Clock management
- Discipline
- Poor game preparation
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one who leads SUPERman to the SUPERbowl.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
Panthers11

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpanthers178990 wrote:
The one who leads SUPERman to the SUPERbowl.

Let's get super Chip.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Zithers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ron rivera is 1-12 in one score games

and here's a list of teams he beat:

jaguars (blaine gabbert's first start)
redskins (john beck's first start w/ the team)
texans (3rd string QB and no wade phillips)
bucs (one with josh johnson... the team gave up anyway)
colts (lmao...)

saints (3rd string head coach)
chargers, eagles, falcons (clearly weren't even trying... and one was nick foles' first start)
raiders (matt leinart had to come in)
redskins (hey, this one seems legit!)

i mean really. add all of the above in with his horrible two minute drills, the prevent defense, using timeouts at inopportune times, the lack of discipline (i mean really... how many 12 man in the huddle/on the field flags have we gotten since he got here?), the horrific playcalling on offense this season, etc... when he wants to be he is a great X's and O's guy. but he isn't cut out as a head coach with all of the situational football and management type stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
saints (3rd string head coach)
chargers, eagles, falcons (clearly weren't even trying... and one was nick foles' first start)
raiders (matt leinart had to come in)
redskins (hey, this one seems legit!)

Was actually Foles' third start. And punishing the team for knocking Carson out of the game isn't really fair.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I guess the Falcons took off both games against us, because we outplayed them both times.
TROJANPANTHER

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Yeah, I guess the Falcons took off both games against us, because we outplayed them both times.

No moral victories!

Carolina Kitten - Sig God.

NFL - Panthers
College - USC, UNM
fretgod99

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been on board with keeping Rivera around for one more year. This is not the type of decision that warrants quick decision-making. He needs to improve, there's no question about that. But he's a first-time head coach, so he does have room to improve. It's a growing process for everybody. The team is playing generally much better, like last year. The trick is to see if he can get the team to turn it on sooner in the season.

Also, getting Chudzinski to limit his offense to apparently what he only chooses to game plan in the last half of the season.

Also, finding a QB coach who can teach Newton how to throw a fracking WR screen.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TROJANPANTHER wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:

No moral victories!

Right, we were 1-1 against them this year, and thats all that counts, but saying they "clearly weren't trying" against us is just silly.
CarolinaRoar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Ron Rivera. My whole opinion has changed. Ron is not the problem actually the way this defense has rallied around him is so remarkable. With that said.. Im only good with Ron coming back if Chud is fired. I have that feeling. Chud is going to be fired, and Norv is going to be hired. I have the feeling.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: