Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Green24's Mock to Rebuild the New York Jets (Page 2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
D.Revis24 wrote:
I am not a fan of firing Rex for another defensive coach. Vic has way more to work with in SF than the Jets have. I don't think Rex will be fired.

Look at what Vic has done with Navorro Bowman, Aldon Smith, and Dashon Goldson. The 49ers defense wasn't this good before he took over.

If Rex was coaching that defense he would have them just as good, actually better against the pass since Rex's defenses usually are among the toughest to complete passes against.

Actually, our pass defense is still better than the 49ers even though we don't have a Aldon Smith and don't have Revis. Our run defense sucks because our LBs are old and bad and Pouha's back injury really set him back because he hasn't been the same player this season. If we had good LBs like the 49ers, our defense would be elite.

If we move on from Rex, I would rather hire a proven HC or a offensive coach since every single coach Woody Johnson has hired has been a first time HC with a defensive background.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
D.Revis24 wrote:
I am not a fan of firing Rex for another defensive coach. Vic has way more to work with in SF than the Jets have. I don't think Rex will be fired.

Look at what Vic has done with Navorro Bowman, Aldon Smith, and Dashon Goldson. The 49ers defense wasn't this good before he took over.

He didn't draft them.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
green24 wrote:
D.Revis24 wrote:

He didn't draft them.

He drafted Aldon. The other two broke out after he took over.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
green24 wrote:
D.Revis24 wrote:

He didn't draft them.

Fangio isn't the GM.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
green24 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
green24 wrote:
D.Revis24 wrote:

He didn't draft them.

Fangio isn't the GM.

He's the DC. He was there when they drafted him.
GothamGreen70

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: jets '13 Reply with quote

I like the coaching choices...luv them actually. I am all for a defensive-minded coach.
I like Avile and Levitre ..great pic ups. I don't want Fred Taylor.

If we move down in 1st, ok but not for a WR... Warmack OG or Gio Bernard..RB UNC...love his game.. I want to run the ball.

2nd is too high for Zac... 100% agree that he should be a JET and i want to draft him!!!! but 4th round.

2nd is OT Virginia Oday Aboushi, 3rd round is Gillislee, RB Florida...

RUN< RUN<RUN...[/b]
patman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you get the rfa amounts? My understanding is that the min offer to a rfa is now 1.2mil and 1.9 if you want compensation.

Tender amount Compensation required
$2.742 million First-round
$1.927 million Second-round
$1.26 million Determined by RFA's original draft status (see below)

That 5.6 carryover has been cut in half by Landry's 100,000 per game incentive for staying healthy and all the in season signings, Bell, Hilllard ETC.
and every time a player is activated from the PS it is a 35,000 per game hit..

So after those cuts the jets have what 15 mill of which 6 mill is earmarked for the rookies so you have only 9 mill for signings.

so you have the seahawks giving up Flynn, taking a 4 mill cap hit from his pro rated SB and taking on Sanchez 8.25 mill guarantee and 500,000 wo bonus. This means that the seahawks get a worse qb, lose 12 mill in cap space in order to get a 3rd rd pick.
patman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patman wrote:
Where did you get the rfa amounts? My understanding is that the min offer to a rfa is now 1.2mil and 1.9 if you want compensation.

That 5.6 carryover has been cut in half by Landry's 100,000 per game incentive for staying healthy and all the in season signings, Bell, Hilllard ETC.

So after those cuts the jets have what 15 mill of which 6 mill is earmarked for the rookies so you have only 9 mill for signings.

so you have the seahawks giving up Flynn, taking a 4 mill cap hit from his pro rated SB and taking on Sanchez 8.25 mill guarantee and 500,000 wo bonus. This means that the seahawks get a worse qb, lose 12 mill in cap space in order to get a 3rd rd pick.

you better look over your math, you start at 141 which is right
then you cut players 33 mill of players that gets you to 108 mill or 13 mill under the 121mill cap, add the revised carryover amount - say 2.5 mill
that gives you 15.5 mill of cap space. you them have to substract 5-6 million for rookies depending on your final draft slot. you have now about 10 mill to spend and you have to replace 17 players..
green24

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patman wrote:
patman wrote:

then you cut players 33 mill of players that gets you to 108 mill or 13 mill under the 121mill cap, add the revised carryover amount - say 2.5 mill
that gives you 15.5 mill of cap space. you them have to substract 5-6 million for rookies depending on your final draft slot. you have now about 10 mill to spend and you have to replace 17 players..

I have the carryover amount as $5.25M. I just re-checked and I still came up with $20.16M post-cuts. The cuts save a total of $35.79M.

Seattle saves $5.25M from not having to pay Flynn's base salary. They would have had to pay $2M of his prorated signing bonus regardless, so they only have to pay him $2M more in bonus money.

I was unaware of the RFA tender cost.
green24

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: jets '13 Reply with quote

GothamGreen70 wrote:
I like the coaching choices...luv them actually. I am all for a defensive-minded coach.
I like Avile and Levitre ..great pic ups. I don't want Fred Taylor.

If we move down in 1st, ok but not for a WR... Warmack OG or Gio Bernard..RB UNC...love his game.. I want to run the ball.

2nd is too high for Zac... 100% agree that he should be a JET and i want to draft him!!!! but 4th round.

2nd is OT Virginia Oday Aboushi, 3rd round is Gillislee, RB Florida...

RUN< RUN<RUN...[/b]

Fred Taylor? Huh?

I don't think Warmack makes it that far. Had we not signed Levitre, I would have not traded back and drafted Warmack. However, I don't think it makes sense to take a RG in the first round.

I don't really like the thought of taking a RB in the first. I would like to take a RB in rounds 2-4, but there were too many needs to address and not enough picks to fill all of them. RB and RT are the ones that are band-aided and pushed off until 2014.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a stacked draft, and Andy Levitre should be resigned in Buffalo
patman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
patman wrote:
patman wrote:

I have the carryover amount as $5.25M. I just re-checked and I still came up with $20.16M post-cuts. The cuts save a total of $35.79M.

Seattle saves $5.25M from not having to pay Flynn's base salary. They would have had to pay $2M of his prorated signing bonus regardless, so they only have to pay him $2M more in bonus money.

I was unaware of the RFA tender cost.

But they still have a cap hit for over 12 mill for a b/u qb who is not as good as the one they had.

your 5.25 carryover does not include the incentives in landry's contract.
His contract was for 3.75 mill with 2 mill guaranteed and 100,000 per game played. It was also tapped to pay for all players salaries for players who were added to the 53 man roster after game 1 on per game basis.

You also did not account for the 5 mill (pick 16 to 6 mill pick 12) that needs to be allocated for the rookies. that still leaves 15 mill to replace 10 players, if you figure the other 7 (of the 17 required to get to 51 players) will be from the draft picks.

And Tebow only saves 1.5 mill the rest is dedicated to the money that the jets had to pay Denver for the advance that Tebow received, that hits the books as dead money unless jacksonville pays it to the jets.
green24

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not doing a pretty mock.

GM: Tom Gamble
HC: Rex Ryan
OC: Geep Chryst
DC: Dennis Thurman

Cuts:
OLB Calvin Pace
LB Bart Scott
ATH Timothy Tebow
NT Sione Pouha
RT Jason Smith
S Eric Smith

Re-signings:
RT Austin Howard
TE Jeff Cumberland
LS Tanner Purdum
TE Dustin Keller (franchise tag)
DE Mike DeVito
S Yeremiah Bell
WR Braylon Edwards
K Nick Folk
RT Jason Smith
CB Darrelle Revis

Restructures:
C Nick Mangold
LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Trades:
- Mark Sanchez and a 6th round pick to the Arizona Cardinals for a conditional 2014 7th round pick
- Kyle Wilson and a conditional 2014 2nd round pick to the Minnesota Vikings for WR Percy Harvin and a 6th round pick
- RB Joe McKnight and a 7th round pick to the Arizona Cardinals for a 5th round pick

Free Agency:
OG Kory Lichtensteiger - Starting LG for the Redskins. Can shift over to be our starting RG
FS Dashon Goldson - More expensive than Landry, but he's worth it.
OLB Anthony Spencer - He has had an excellent season for the Cowboys. Cheaper than Avril.
RB Bernard Scott - Unspectacular RB. Can be a solid depth back.
QB Matt Moore - Stopgap QB. Can be our starter for two years.

Draft:
We end up with pick 10.

Jets trade pick 10 to the Cincinnati Bengals for picks 21 and 36.
1(21). OG Jonathan Cooper (North Carolina)
Second straight year that we take a North Carolina product in the first. Chance Warmack is off the board, so we take the second best guard in the draft. He starts at LG from Day 1.

2(36). OLB Chase Thomas (Stanford)
He is the best pass rusher on the board and would play nicely across from Spencer.

2(40). QB Zac Dysert (Miami (OH))
Developmental QB. He can be a franchise QB.

3(70). RB Stepfan Taylor (Stanford)
Our second Stanford pick of the draft. Taylor is my favorite RB in this class.

4th. TE Ryan Otten (San Jose State)
Can compete for the #2 TE job out of camp. Can potentially become Dustin Keller's successor.

5th (via Arizona). WR/KR Denard Robinson (Michigan)
He replaces Joe McKnight as the kick returner. He can be the next Brad Smith for us.

Jets trade 5th round pick to the Indianapolis for a 7th round pick and a 2014 4th round pick.

6th (via Minnesota). S Jordan Kovacs (Michigan)
Safety depth. He reminds me of Jim Leonhard.

7th (via Indianapolis). FB Zach Line (SMU)
New starting FB. Lex Hilliard sucks.

Depth Chart:
QB: Matt Moore // Greg McElroy // Zac Dysert
RB: Bilal Powell // Stepfan Taylor // Bernard Scott
FB: Zach Line
WR: Percy Harvin // Braylon Edwards // Clyde Gates
TE: Dustin Keller // Jeff Cumberland // Ryan Otten // Jeff Baker
LT: D'Brickashaw Ferguson
LG: Jonathan Cooper // Vladimir Ducasse
C: Nick Mangold // Caleb Schlauderaff
RG: Kory Lichtensteiger
RT: Austin Howard // Jason Smith
WR: Stephen Hill // Jordan White // Denard Robinson
WR: Jeremy Kerley

DE: Muhammad Wilkerson
NT: Kenrick Ellis // Damon Harrison
DE: Quinton Coples // Mike DeVito
OLB: Anthony Spencer // Garrett McIntyre
ILB: David Harris // Marcus Dowtin
ILB: Demario Davis // Nick Bellore
OLB: Chase Thomas // Ricky Sapp
CB: Darrelle Revis // Ellis Lankster // Darrin Walls
FS: Dashon Goldson // Josh Bush
SS: Yeremiah Bell // Antonio Allen // Jordan Kovacs
CB: Antonio Cromartie // Aaron Berry // Donnie Fletcher

K: Nick Folk
P: Robert Malone
KR: Denard Robinson
PR: Denard Robinson

Thoughts?

Last edited by green24 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5.25m carryover? I don't think so. 3-3.5m is more likely.

No way for Jets to pay someone double digit million bucks not to play for them... No way. Besides, despite he is a cancer, he had shown he could move on. One more season with a better quarterback will be tolerable.

You need to remember that SoS does not run Seahawks. Sanchez the expensive one for Floyd the cheap one? I don't think so.

Anthony Spencer will be tagged as franchise OLB again. That means we can't get him without giving up 1st round pick.

Pass on Percy Harvin. He is a damaged good now. Besides, we already have Kerley.
patman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green, why do you think any team is going to give up that much cap space
for Sanchez?

For that 8.75 of cap room they could get two stating olineman that is what they need not a qb with a 53% completion percentage.

Samuel had to cut his pay to 3mill just to facilitate a trade and he is still an above average player.

You put a lot of work into this post, but so much of it hinges on a near impossible scenario with Sanchez. What would you do as a fan or a nfl owner if your GM made that move?

This is the 3rd year in a row where the cap is going to be stagnant every year they are fewer teams with cap space. Sanchez is going to be a Jet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: