Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 16: "Toilet Bowl" Chargers @ Jets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandwhich

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Very boring game to go to.

I almost went, but backed out after last monday's game Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:

You doing player of the game this week?

#TeamManfred
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

You doing player of the game this week?

Go for it. I left after the 3rd and the only ones who played well were Braylon, Coples and Wilkerson.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone still think that Sanchez was the problem?

Mack on the Sig
sandwhich

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NY_Jets87 wrote:

Part of it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NY_Jets87 wrote:

Who said he was the problem? He is a problem.

#TeamManfred
Heavinsent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NY_Jets87 wrote:

He's most of the problem.

Props to Jamison for the sig.
NY_Jets87

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavinsent wrote:
NY_Jets87 wrote:

Right because he had everything to do with the 11 sacks and the receivers not getting any separation today. I am not saying he is good I am just saying that he wasn't the only problem on this team. He is part of the problem. But I have to wonder if you gave him Braylon, Holmes, Hill Kerley and Keller next year with a decent run game and time to throw if he would look better.

Mack on the Sig
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NY_Jets87 wrote:
Heavinsent wrote:
NY_Jets87 wrote:

Right because he had everything to do with the 11 sacks and the receivers not getting any separation today. I am not saying he is good I am just saying that he wasn't the only problem on this team. He is part of the problem. But I have to wonder if you gave him Braylon, Holmes, Hill Kerley and Keller next year with a decent run game and time to throw if he would look better.

We'd be 7-9. Hes not good regardless. Hes incredibly inaccurate and never makes smart decisions. Hes a career backup.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
KBS756

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
NY_Jets87 wrote:
Heavinsent wrote:
NY_Jets87 wrote:

We'd be 7-9. Hes not good regardless. Hes incredibly inaccurate and never makes smart decisions. Hes a career backup.

Sanchez was part of the problem but the team this year wasnt even close to putting him in a position to succeed especially after Holmes went down. We had him throwing to people who he barely had chemistry with even his safety net Kellers been hobbled all season. I know hes played a horrible season but I honestly can say that Sanchez when not broken as he is now (meanin his avg play) would and will play better then McElroy did today. I think he'd doomed to be a backup somewhere else but still McElroy showed me nothing today, we had better play outta kellen clemens and brooks bollinger in the past.

There's a big difference between playing it safe and playing scared and McElroy looked scared to me. He wouldnt let any throw he couldnt fully see go, even with decent receivers in the NFL you dont get a lot of those throws you have to anticipate things and trust your receivers to a degree. He didn't which resulted in almost all of his Times Sacked. And one of the few times he let it rip he did so into triple coverage and even more poorly positioned than Sanchez previous week. He had Braylon open once and threw it at his feet ...

Sanchez has bought his ticket out of here. Tebow will have another team pay for that ticket. So we're stuck with McElroy who doesnt look like he will ever be more than a career backup and noone else. No matter what we do on the young QB side we need to bring in a Veteran because I do not see any QBs in this draft I believe will play right away in the NFL. And we need to help said QB by bolstering the Offensive Line and Getting him a true HB (i.e. one who can catch the ball as well as get to his blocking assignment while having some potential to break a long one)

and I dont agree with this btw "But I have to wonder if you gave him Braylon, Holmes, Hill Kerley and Keller next year with a decent run game and time to throw if he would look better" "We'd be 7-9". With those WRs healthy a decent run game and time to throw we're at least 9-7 if not better with Sanchez playing avg football.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

and I dont agree with this btw "But I have to wonder if you gave him Braylon, Holmes, Hill Kerley and Keller next year with a decent run game and time to throw if he would look better" "We'd be 7-9". With those WRs healthy a decent run game and time to throw we're at least 9-7 if not better with Sanchez playing avg football.

Playing the NFC South and AFC North next year? Keep dreaming, and a passer rating in the mid 70s isnt playing average thats well below average. Sanchez has yet to even be average in his career. Even our successful season with him, he was still well below the league average in most categories. Its time that you come to terms with the fact that hes a bad QB.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Davey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The difference between Sanchez and McElroy is this.

The Jets weapons right now are awful, easily amongst the league's worst. They get open on an infrequent basis and it's often their fault that pass plays don't come off. But when this happens, Sanchez decides to make a dumb decision or hold onto the ball too long and has poor protection of the ball in the pocket. McElroy is smart(or naive enough) to try to get out of pressure or just take the sack. As evidenced by the ridiculous number he took today. McElroy can sense danger and make the right move to limit the poor outcome of a play, Sanchez cannot.

The Jets last Monday night lost a game by four points, yet the turnover battle by five turnovers - all of which were the fault of Mark Sanchez. We can't pretend he's the victim in all this, because that's absolutely absurd. McElroy started today in the first place because Sanchez single handily ruined the Jets' chances of having playoff hopes up until today.
Rich51

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should have stayed with McElroy two weeks ago. At least he would have played against and got some experience against teams with average or below average pass rushes.

San Diego's pass rush and overall defensive line play completely dominated our offensive line. Eleven sacks were only one off the NFL record. Only 44 yards rushing by our rbs. It was like our offensive line was on the bench with Sanchez.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac pretty much decided to take the sacks instead of risk throwing a pick like Sanchez. I'm not blaming all 11 sacks on the oline. He has to learn how to move in the pocket better and release the ball. We need WR's who can separate. Keller didn't help much. This is pretty much a rookie year for him, so I'm not going to start doubting him just yet. He does have to work on deep passes, he got very lucky Gates came back to the ball on the 42 yard pass play. He did complete more than 60% of his passes, so thats a plus. This next game against Buffalo should be a good one to judge him on.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilson continues to look average to me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: