Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kyle Shanahan+Kirk Cousins to the Bears
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ak06max

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="DaMike"]Ask Denver how getting rid of Cutler for McDaniels and Orton went.[/quote

A disaster. I wouldn't want this guy anywhere near this team

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle and Kirk would be fantastic for the Narnia Football League. Wink

Kyle S. is 31 and has never been a HC. K. Cousins lacks game experience.
Sr7252

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:
It wouldn't happen though even if Kirk came. Because, Kyle would upset both his dad and Jay. But there's no denying that Jay isn't exactly the franchise QB we need.

Look I love Jay and think he's an awesome guy. But he'll barely get to 3,000 yards while Luck is at about 4,000 and Stafford has passed 4,000.

He simply isn't what we were expecting(in his first year he was).

Do you want to know the biggest difference in yards between Jay's last year in Denver and his yardage totals in Chicago? Attempts. He had 616 attempts in 2008 in Denver and has not yet had more than 555 (2009) here. At 7 ypa 61 more attempts is 427 more yards. Below are his final Denver season yardage totals and all of his Bears yardage totals if they were extended over 616 attempts:

2008 (DEN) 616 attempts, 4526 yards
2009: 555 attempts, 3666 yards
4069 yards over 616 attempts
2010: 432 attempts, 3274 yards
4668 yards over 616 attempts
2011: 314 attempts, 2319 yards
4549 yards over 616 attempts
2012: 377 attempts, 2630 yards
4297 yards over 616 attempts

Remembering that all but this year was without a true #1 WR I think jay has been exactly what we got from Denver but in an offense that isn't pass crazy.

As for Stafford, he has thrown 308 more passes than Jay has this year. His ypa is lower. Luck has thrown 187 more and has a ypa only 0.1 higher.

Are you watching this game? Jay is terrible man!
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:
It wouldn't happen though even if Kirk came. Because, Kyle would upset both his dad and Jay. But there's no denying that Jay isn't exactly the franchise QB we need.

Look I love Jay and think he's an awesome guy. But he'll barely get to 3,000 yards while Luck is at about 4,000 and Stafford has passed 4,000.

Do you want to know the biggest difference in yards between Jay's last year in Denver and his yardage totals in Chicago? Attempts. He had 616 attempts in 2008 in Denver and has not yet had more than 555 (2009) here. At 7 ypa 61 more attempts is 427 more yards. Below are his final Denver season yardage totals and all of his Bears yardage totals if they were extended over 616 attempts:

2008 (DEN) 616 attempts, 4526 yards
2009: 555 attempts, 3666 yards
4069 yards over 616 attempts
2010: 432 attempts, 3274 yards
4668 yards over 616 attempts
2011: 314 attempts, 2319 yards
4549 yards over 616 attempts
2012: 377 attempts, 2630 yards
4297 yards over 616 attempts

Remembering that all but this year was without a true #1 WR I think jay has been exactly what we got from Denver but in an offense that isn't pass crazy.

As for Stafford, he has thrown 308 more passes than Jay has this year. His ypa is lower. Luck has thrown 187 more and has a ypa only 0.1 higher.

Are you watching this game? Jay is terrible man!

What I'm saying is that Jay is statistically the same guy we traded for 4 years ago, and that the difference in his output is strictly opportunity.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Sr7252

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And RG3 attempted less but still has more yardage.

Don't think I'm trying to put Jay down, I'd love to be wrong but thus far I see no actual answer.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:
And RG3 attempted less but still has more yardage.

Don't think I'm trying to put Jay down, I'd love to be wrong but thus far I see no actual answer.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion but your suggestion that Kirk Cousins is more likely the answer on the basis of one performance is preposterous. By that measure he should be playing over RG3 too since he averages a yard and a half more per attempt than Griffin.

Cutler is 34-22 now (.607 win %) for a Bears team with no #1 WR in 75% of those starts, subpar OCs since his arrival and the most porous offensive line in the league over that time. That averages out to about 10 wins per season. With the offense he has been given to work with, how much better than that were you expecting? Do you place the Bears' offensive struggles entirely at his feet? Have you seem how this same offense has performed when he has been unable to play?

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Sr7252

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I agree it's not solely his fault. Is he a bad QB? No. But do you mean to tell me you wouldn't be more happy if we had saved those 1st round picks and used them to get better at QB through the draft?

Now even if hypothetically Jay sucks even with a good O line, we can't get rid of him because then we'd have a unhappy B Marsh.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post, along w/ the rest of your posts, doesn't deserve an intelligent response.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
TexasBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:

Yeah, Stafford chucks the ball around night and day and look what it's gotten them. Megatron set the record for yards this week and look where they are.

This isn't Madden; the stats are completely meaningless, except as a way to play games on paper each week before Sunday. I don't care if Jay throws for 100 yards a game if we win.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Superman(DH23)"]This post, along w/ the rest of your posts, doesn't deserve an intelligent response.[/quote]

Because I'm challenging the whole "Cutler is the best QB we've had"?

I'd rather you not respond, you have nothing meaningful to say. Plus even IF I'm wrong, I by no means think my OPINION is face, it's cool to have topics to discuss since I noticed not many topics were being made.

So again, I don't need your input but you've every right to add it.
ak06max

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone that says Cutler needs to go. Who do you want that would make this team better? Matt Flynn,Alex Smith, or cross your fingers and draft. If Cutler is so bad who would be better that we could get?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:
Yeah I agree it's not solely his fault. Is he a bad QB? No. But do you mean to tell me you wouldn't be more happy if we had saved those 1st round picks and used them to get better at QB through the draft?

Now even if hypothetically Jay sucks even with a good O line, we can't get rid of him because then we'd have a unhappy B Marsh.

To your point about the picks, the only 1st round QB available to us with the 1sts we traded away would have been Tim Tebow, and he can't even start in NY over Greg McElroy. That is, of course, unless you would have wanted to draft Jimmy Clausen or Colt McCoy in the first round of 2010.

There are only 3 legit starting NFL QBs to come out of the 2009 and 2010 drafts - Stafford, Bradford and Freeman - and even if you think any of those guys is better equipped to lead us to the promised land than Cutler (I don't) they wouldn't have been available at the picks we traded away anyway.

And yes, I intentionally left Sanchez off that list. He's dreadful. And he wouldn't have been available to us either.

GRRLacher wrote:
Sr7252

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there's always us eventually maybe finding a better trade or trading up. Also we could've tried at the golden goose, Peyton Manning.

But I think it's time I quit trying to challenge this whole thing. I think I'm annoying people and coming off as a troll, sorry guys.
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:
Well there's always us eventually maybe finding a better trade or trading up. Also we could've tried at the golden goose, Peyton Manning.

But I think it's time I quit trying to challenge this whole thing. I think I'm annoying people and coming off as a troll, sorry guys.

Last year Cutler was 7-3 and playing some great ball before getting injured with a worse supporting cast than he has now, why would they consider getting rid of their 29 year old QB for a 34 or so yo QB coming off of 4 neck surgeries in one year who would cost nearly $100M?

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Cutler is 32-22 as the Bears starting QB (25-13 since Ron Turner was fired) and hardly the problem with our offense. Why would we force him out of town to bring in a guy who has had exactly ONE NFL start? I'd be fine with Shanahan but replacing Cutler with Cousins is madness IMO.
This. Apparently I need not add many responses, because you are beating me to all of them AZ.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: