Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kyle Shanahan+Kirk Cousins to the Bears
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sr7252

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Kyle Shanahan+Kirk Cousins to the Bears Reply with quote

http://www.examiner.com/article/rumor-mill-kyle-shanahan-to-chicago

“Kyle Shanahan isn’t a savior for the Chicago Bears, but he does offer many perks,” blogged Eric Lambert Dec.21. “Not only would he bring a fresh air of offensive thought to the team, but also the end of the Lovie Smith and Jay Cutler experiment if he brought Kirk Cousins with him."
-----------

I personally think that'd be awesome & I'd love getting Cousins. What do you guys think?
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler is 32-22 as the Bears starting QB (25-13 since Ron Turner was fired) and hardly the problem with our offense. Why would we force him out of town to bring in a guy who has had exactly ONE NFL start? I'd be fine with Shanahan but replacing Cutler with Cousins is madness IMO.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Sr7252

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldn't happen though even if Kirk came. Because, Kyle would upset both his dad and Jay. But there's no denying that Jay isn't exactly the franchise QB we need.

Look I love Jay and think he's an awesome guy. But he'll barely get to 3,000 yards while Luck is at about 4,000 and Stafford has passed 4,000.

He simply isn't what we were expecting(in his first year he was).
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:
It wouldn't happen though even if Kirk came. Because, Kyle would upset both his dad and Jay. But there's no denying that Jay isn't exactly the franchise QB we need.

Look I love Jay and think he's an awesome guy. But he'll barely get to 3,000 yards while Luck is at about 4,000 and Stafford has passed 4,000.

Colts n Lions are passing teams.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are too especially this year. Yes our D was big throughout the year but our emphasize this season was Passing.
JPeppers90

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:
We are too especially this year. Yes our D was big throughout the year but our emphasize this season was Passing.

Come on man. He have a bunch of guys thrown together that make a supposed "OLine" with no talent whatsoever. We have 1 receiver to throw to. And we have an OC who doesn't know what he's doing. We've all seen what cutler can do when given the right pieces around him when he was in Denver (which he STILL hasn't been supplied with here) after 4 years.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree we haven't. But you can't forget that Aaron Rodgers is worse and still doing decently.

I've never said anything bad about Jay and have been a fan. But you gotta eventually get tired of mediocrity. I want to stop accepting average and want us to be the best.

Maybe Cutler detractors are right and our QB isn't that good.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of you know I am for change, but that is pretty extreme.

I am loaded right now so I would consider anything that might lead to a parade.
ak06max

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.. Mine as well bring in Matt Flynn. Losing Cutler means losing Marshall as well. Cutler is not the problem. I will trade Forte for Morris tho!! Morris is a beast

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle Shannahan, Yes, I love the offense and I love that he has made it work in 2 stops with 2 different QBs.

Kirk Cousins, No, I think his ceiling is a weaker armed more consistent Jay Cutler.
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Kyle Shannahan, Yes, I love the offense and I love that he has made it work in 2 stops with 2 different QBs.

Kirk Cousins, No, I think his ceiling is a weaker armed more consistent Jay Cutler.

Uhh...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981826815

I think this is the original article and is much better written.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirk Cousins? How many decades do you want to spend cycling QBs?
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:

Do you want to know the biggest difference in yards between Jay's last year in Denver and his yardage totals in Chicago? Attempts. He had 616 attempts in 2008 in Denver and has not yet had more than 555 (2009) here. At 7 ypa 61 more attempts is 427 more yards. Below are his final Denver season yardage totals and all of his Bears yardage totals if they were extended over 616 attempts:

2008 (DEN) 616 attempts, 4526 yards
2009: 555 attempts, 3666 yards
4069 yards over 616 attempts
2010: 432 attempts, 3274 yards
4668 yards over 616 attempts
2011: 314 attempts, 2319 yards
4549 yards over 616 attempts
2012: 377 attempts, 2630 yards
4297 yards over 616 attempts

Remembering that all but this year was without a true #1 WR I think jay has been exactly what we got from Denver but in an offense that isn't pass crazy.

As for Stafford, he has thrown 308 more passes than Jay has this year. His ypa is lower. Luck has thrown 187 more and has a ypa only 0.1 higher.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask Denver how getting rid of Cutler for McDaniels and Orton went.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: