Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who should we pursue in free agency/trade this offseason?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo_Kid wrote:
Anybody remember Glen Dorsey? The DT from LSU? He is a FA now and i think putting him back in a 4-3 surrounded by other talent would be a great move for us. This guy was a top draft choice when he came out and has been misplaced in Kansas City's 3-4. Why not take a chance on this guy as our 4th DT?

I'd be down.

#JDI
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Lovie Smith becomes our HC and brings along Mike Tice, then I think Jason Campbell would be a real possibility as our starter as we groom a young QB.

Nix did hint at the idea of going after a QB in FA.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an out of the box idea but what about trading for Tony Romo? Trading a 2nd rd pick and a future 3rd that could be a 2nd rd pick if he hits certain things. He will be able to start right away and an upgrade at qb and Dallas can start fresh. This will give th answer at qb while they groom someone for the future. Again just thinking outside the box on trying to get the qb situation under control.

Thanks Max
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo_Kid wrote:
Anybody remember Glen Dorsey? The DT from LSU? He is a FA now and i think putting him back in a 4-3 surrounded by other talent would be a great move for us. This guy was a top draft choice when he came out and has been misplaced in Kansas City's 3-4. Why not take a chance on this guy as our 4th DT?

Do we need a DT that bad for depth ? Probably take a DT mid rounds of draft. Williams, Dareus and Carrington are locks heading into next season.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Buffalo_Kid wrote:

Do we need a DT that bad for depth ? Probably take a DT mid rounds of draft. Williams, Dareus and Carrington are locks heading into next season.

My thoughts exactly.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don4593 wrote:
I think what people are fail to realize in this thread is that a lot of these players people are throwing out there are productive because of the system they are playing in. We do not know what system we are going to have considering we do not know our coach and coordinators.

Well the #1 guy in that department is Alex Smith. Elite defense, Elite Oline, elite TE, solid receivers, solid RBs, etc
Buffalo_Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Buffalo_Kid wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

Well it's just an idea. It wouldn't cost a lot of money

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
jsnydes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis Pitta. He's a beast and a restricted free agent. I remember watching him and Max Hall tear it up at BYU.

TommyC376^^^
Duffman57

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't want to start a new topic for this, and not sure if there's any better place to put this but the Chargers just hired Joe D'Alessandris as our OL coach. Do you guys have any incite on him (scheme, preferances etc) and how do you think he is as a OL Coach? Appreciated

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
I didn't want to start a new topic for this, and not sure if there's any better place to put this but the Chargers just hired Joe D'Alessandris as our OL coach. Do you guys have any incite on him (scheme, preferances etc) and how do you think he is as a OL Coach? Appreciated

Expect a complete turn around for your O-line. Guy has a knack for just taking people other teams didn't want and turning them into solid starters.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:

I absolutely wanted him back. You got a good coach.

Under Joe D, the Bills ran a primarily ZBS with a little MBS thrown in, very little...it's just easier to say it was a ZBS.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:

I absolutely wanted him back. You got a good coach.

Under Joe D, the Bills ran a primarily ZBS with a little MBS thrown in, very little...it's just easier to say it was a ZBS.

Thanks for the help guys, its not often you see a coach leave a team with the fans wanting to keep him, so this seems like a really good sign of things to come for our OL, because we need some MAJOR re-working on our offensive line.

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: